Reviews for Ithaca is Gorges
MB chapter 19 . 1/8
Hi! I found this story because it was mentioned on a twilight podcast named Another bite of Twilight, and I have to say that I LOVED it! I know you wrote this more than 10 years ago, and you probably won't read this, but it's very hard to find canon fanfics that are so true to the characters, and you have truly made a great work that deserves more recognition! I can't wait to read the rest of your stories. Hope you are ok. Thank you :)
OpheliaBedelia chapter 19 . 10/17/2022
Just read this for the third or fourth time. Someday I might be able to read it without crying multiple times, but today is not that day.
Hooligan chapter 19 . 7/18/2022
Thank you so much for writing this amazing piece. It’s simply brilliant. Your descriptions, feelings, and thoughts of the characters are on point. I honestly felt like I was reading the sequel to ‘Midnight Sun’. Everything seamed to follow cannon, and you thought of just the smallest details to keep in mind. I was always curious what was going on with the Cullens during ‘New Moon’, and this piece of writing satisfied me. The story you wrote was truly very emotional, and I found my self holding back tears many times while reading. You really outlined the fear, stress, and worry that was hanging over their shoulders, and showed how much they were struggling as a family and individual. I appreciate that you wrote it is Carlisle’s perspective as well, opposed to just Edward’s, as I am always looking forward to Carlisle showing up in the books. You also made this story interesting and had me wonder what would happen next. Rather than sticking to exactly what happened and only what we knew, you added parts to give this story life. You have a fabulous way of writing and I appreciate you writing this; something I know I would never have the creativity nor skill to achieve. Well done and thank you!
hellishrose chapter 19 . 7/13/2022
I do hope you are still getting reviews and I must thank you for all the hard work and dedication you put into this truly fabulous story more than 12 years ago. Simple amazing in every way
BethMasenCullen chapter 19 . 6/17/2022
I just reread this beautiful story for the first time in many years. Thank you for putting words to paper about what Edward and Carlisle and the Cullens went through for those dark, awful months in New Moon. I am again blown away by how seamlessly your work would fit into Stephenie Meyers' work. And I am grateful that you chose to share your talent and vision with us. It was perfect!
Crybaby chapter 11 . 6/15/2022
I cried...this was so sad
martha chapter 19 . 5/21/2022
loved every second of this, i don’t ever come on this site for fanfic anymore but i’m so glad i found this and i can’t wait to read more of your work. just wow
alexiana75 chapter 1 . 12/19/2021
you offered us here an incredible insight in Carlisle's pain, a father's suffering for his son pain. Amazing!
New2Twilight2021 chapter 18 . 11/15/2021
First of all, I loved how long this chapter was! I use the Text-To-Speach app to listen and when this chapter loaded into the app I saw 50 (glorious) minutes ahead...

Secondly, I always thought that Bella was genius (intentionally or not) the way she phrased everything during that meeting so that there was practically no choice just to say yes.

And then the fact that Edward's did not want Bella to become a vampire was his strongest expression of love for her but for Bella, this was something that fueled her doubt that he wanted her... an obstacle to their 'forever'... so she caught Edward saying 'amazing Carlisle was right' and completely destroyed that obstacle... genius!

Thank you so much for suggesting the itinerary for a trip to Forks. I live just a short drive away from there though across the border in Canada and discovering Twilight during the pandemic trip to Forks and La Push has become my dream travel destination as soon as they open borders
New2Twilight2021 chapter 17 . 11/15/2021
I must admit, having read all your other stories I was afraid to read your New Moon from Edward POV for the sheer angstiness of this whole piece and the very good and powerful way you write. Everything feels very real. Too real. When I read the New Moon I usually skip all the sad parts and go straight to the reunion at the fountain. But I loved all your other fics so much I finally found the courage to read this story. I mean, it's a classic! I hear it again and again from all the other fics.
I am I did and I loved this story so so much.

I took a break from reading, you know for food and work and sleep, and decided it's a good time to write a review as I should have done it after each chapter. I really loved how you portrayed the entire family's contribution to the whole Edward-going to-Voltury-to-die thing. Rosalie would never make that call if Carlisle did not 'advise' her to act and Carlisle gave the advice affected by Esme and so on...

And in this chapter when they have to devise a cover story being fully aware of how very, very badly this might end was so painful to read! When reading canon fic we as readers usually know what's gonna happen. But I try to put my brain in that state where I imagine I don't know the outcome because the Cullens did not... they lived through that awful 3 days not knowing if Edward, Bella, and Alice would be back...

And Rosalie I feel just so bad for her... she was just being herself... and she realized what she (almost) has done... ouch ouch and ouch living with that for eternity even being forgiven ouch

And Carlisle! As I said it feels too real. I've never felt so... what's the word... compassionate for someone as I felt for Carlisle living through this whole episode with the weight of all his 300 years on his shoulders and experience of the last century creating this incredible family he was about to lose...

Your writing is amazing! And I love how much depth you added to the story seamlessly adding the missing bits and pieces in to the original plot which now makes more sense
thelightnina chapter 18 . 11/3/2021
I was really hoping to read the Charlie scene again
thelightnina chapter 8 . 10/29/2021
I’m going to ignore this plot hole
thelightnina chapter 8 . 10/29/2021
I refuse to believe that this ISNT the real storyline.
Grace Wheeler chapter 19 . 6/16/2021
this story was beautiful, and made me cry many times throughout. thank you for writing this, and thank you for leaving it up so more people can discover it
Curly-Mom chapter 19 . 5/8/2021
This is the most beautiful story I read! Thank you so much for sharing!
2,535 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »