Reviews for Ithaca is Gorges
readicted chapter 19 . 6/20
I was so moved by this fic. I think I'm out of words though. They're all caught in my throat. I didn't plan to read this, but after seeing an excerpt that was posted on RobAttack, I was drawn to it, compelled. I've read and enjoyed many NM fics, none like this. This was certainly not what I would consider an uplifting or entertaining read. It gutted me in the most gripping way, but it is astoundingly beautiful and will be going on my favorites list. Thank you for sharing this amazing story. I know it's old, I am so late on this, but I couldn't not tell you have deeply affected I was by this story.
readicted chapter 11 . 6/19
Good grief woman, how do you do it-chapter after chapter or heart-rending, achingly, devastatingly beautiful story.
readicted chapter 10 . 6/19
So interesting to see Edward's interactions with these familiar vampires and to see how both he individually and his coven are regarded. Funny, the consensus seems to be that little Eddie, hermanito Eduardo is a bit...loco. LOL
readicted chapter 9 . 6/19
Excellent chapter. I'm enjoying this emotionally layered, complex character you've written in Carlisle. He's good, patient, compassionate, intellectual, a man of faith, strong moral convictions and fortitude. However he is fallible. He falls short of perfection as all beings do. I have loved reading of his time in prayer and especially of the one on one time with Jasper. That was super special seeing Jasper step forward in the way that he did. I loved his philosophical, ethical, contemplative and common sense pearls of wisdom and humor. I also appreciate the determination Rosalie and Emmett show in trying to move forward.
readicted chapter 8 . 6/19
Glad he called home for Christmas, even if it wasn't a cheery call. I loved that he found himself outside of the little church and was moved by the music from his youth and memories of home and holiday tradition with his immortal family.
readicted chapter 6 . 6/19
So very interesting.
readicted chapter 4 . 6/18
Gut-wrenching, my gah, my gah. So beautifully done.
readicted chapter 3 . 6/18
I'm rendered speechless. I am stunned by both Carlisle's and Esme's actions. Very believable visceral reactions that we very rarely see from them in fic.
readicted chapter 1 . 6/18
Okay. IIG has been on my list to read for quite a long while. Yesterday Rita rec'd it on RobAttack. I had every intention to read another story that caught my eye, but the exert she included grabbed hold of my heart and stole my breath. I was utterly wrecked, while also being awed by the the depth of paternal love, devotion, tenderness and intimacy between sire and son, in just that one scene. I was compelled to read more. I really wasn't in the mood for an angry read, but I must, must read this. Your writing is beckoning me.
How parallel this book is is astonishing . I have been so wowed by your insight, language and understanding of these characters I love..
The way you have written this story is stunning... Just soi in character... But even more so.. I loved what Carlisle said to Rose. It was perfect...
Rita01tx chapter 18 . 6/16
Damn right they all ganged up on him! Edward and Bella are clearly meant to be together and that means forever!
Rita01tx chapter 17 . 6/16
What a roller coaster ride this chapter has been *still snotsobbin'!* Thank you for finally endin' it with an Edward smile!
I am finding this story so sad... I can't stop crying..
Rita01tx chapter 16 . 6/15
Holy crap! That shit still scares the hell out of me!
2,404 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »