Reviews for Ithaca is Gorges
FlamingMaple chapter 19 . 10/1
I cannot find the words to express my appreciation for the sheer depth of world building—and contemplation this story shows. You put the original author to shame, frankly, in many respects. I long to see what original work a mind like yours could produce, because if your transformative pieces are anything to go by, your original writing must be mind blowing. Bravo, bravo, and bravo.
RebelSpork chapter 10 . 9/28
I am from New Orleans, and the Nineth Ward specifically. My family lost everything in that storm. Your writing of the area makes me a little home sick. Well done.
I'm truly at a loss for words, and only if you were to know me personally, would you be able to grasp how scarcely this phenomenon dawned on me. I found myself having to consistently and shockingly remind myself that this was a fanfiction, and not a piece written by Meyer herself. I can feel your heart and soul radiate off every written word. You captured every character, setting, and emotion flawlessly. I am a single mother who desperately needs every minute of sleep, and I found myself -for the first time since my son was a newborn- receiving only one hour of sleep, and I don't regret it in the slightest. I simply could not peel myself from this story. You've been bestowed a great and rare gift, I hope you never seize to use it. I am so excited to refer this to other Twilight fans, and to read more of your work. Thank you.
RebelSpork chapter 4 . 9/26
Better than Stephanie Meyer could do.
FlamingMaple chapter 8 . 9/22
I feel like I’ve fallen into Edward’s life here. And man, it hurts...but in a way I keep wanting to experience.
FlamingMaple chapter 6 . 9/20
“Cradled the fog as though it were dearmarvellous.
FlamingMaple chapter 3 . 9/19
The depth of your thinking here is evident: you pick at and under the details of canon, revealing things that make me think “of course! Why didn’t I think of that?” How lovely to have canon so subtly expanded.
FlamingMaple chapter 2 . 9/19
I can see him huddling in this staircase. So morose.
FlamingMaple chapter 1 . 9/19
Ah...your prose. Such a delight to read. I’ve been snatched up by the intricacy of your detail too. Marvellous and rare in ficso I read on, hoping for more.
mygooddog chapter 1 . 9/6
Where has this story been evidently I've overlooked it. Great start!
this is one of the best fanfictions i have ever read. it was so well written and i could almost feel the characters emotions as if i was there. please never stop writing, you have a gift. 3
MrsMosley chapter 19 . 7/21
I discovered this story today and gulped it down in one long, glorious rush. It is so thoughtful and well-written, and I enjoyed it more than I can say. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Kageyjay chapter 16 . 7/4
This is a wonderful, and extremely scary, time for them. One of the things Edward hasn't done, except to notice that she was thin, is for him to see how bad she looks because of her ordeal without him.
Kageyjay chapter 19 . 7/4
Wow. I have too much to say, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment on the chapters as I read. I love your style, and I'm sorry you didn't continue. I think there are a few differences, but they didn't have any real affects. I think you captured Edward's voice like it is in Midnight Sun. Wow!
Kageyjay chapter 11 . 7/3
I've known the loss of a much loved one. Carlisle though had double the grief. I'm glad Esme, Alice and the rest of his family were there to do the best they could to comfort him.
2,432 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »