Reviews for Born to Fight
Gaspachu chapter 61 . 1/6
I...ugh... Happy as the ending is, I can't believe I wasted about a week binge reading this. As good as your story is, IT WAS SO NOT WORTH IT!
Gaspachu chapter 60 . 1/6
Well, that was underwhelming. Not exactly the "happy ever after" ending I wanted, but eh, I'll take this ending over an angsty ending.
MT chapter 28 . 12/24/2017
This is the overall best 3rd season story I have ever read. You're really a very very good writer.
But, I just want to say this is a whole new timeline. He does not have to send Cameron back.
A 40-something year-old Connor did that before. Plus you would be doing her to live the same thing over and over and over again. For Her it could be thousands of years of it. Don't you see? If she always gets her Memories Back of who she was when it started with John... it would just be in a Time Loop over and over till it drove her insane and finally a time could come when they Human then lose in a timeline later on.
That's like dooming her to do it over and over until a fuk up hapeens.
Though I love your story. But you've messed up some of the concept of what they would have to do for whatever reason.
MT chapter 16 . 12/24/2017
You wrote this long ago so I doubt you will ever see this. But just in case..
For one thing, thank you. I wanted a third season conclusion to that awesome show for many years and you have done a great job with this story.
However... I want you to know the concept of him needing to sacrifice Alison really doesn't make sense.
First he really does not need to send Cameron back to his younger self. It's a whole new timeline for crying out loud. He never jumped ahead as a teenager in the first timeline. So on and so forth plus, they have Cameron's chip and that is who she actually is. All they would have needed to do is capture Cameron and implant the chip of previous her. So much more simpler than allowing new evil Cameron to kill Alison...
Guest chapter 61 . 12/13/2017
Brilliant!
Sylva Dax chapter 61 . 9/23/2017
Wow, that is great news!
Sylva Dax chapter 60 . 9/23/2017
Beautiful ending!

I still want to know who Cody's parents were. Why is his last name Philips?
Sylva Dax chapter 58 . 9/23/2017
This chapter gave me chills.

A truly masterful story!
Sylva Dax chapter 53 . 9/22/2017
No, they've done to Allison what they did to Marcus! Skynet evil!

Who is Cody really?
Sylva Dax chapter 51 . 9/22/2017
The lack of transparency is to blame for a lot of John's problems within the ranks. If I were Jesse, I would come to the same conclusion she did. His treatment of Riley was wrong after befriending her. Our hero is seriously flawed.
Sylva Dax chapter 50 . 9/22/2017
The fall of Jesse breaks my heart. She deserved to know the truth about Derek and the Carter's mission. She needed someone to help her through her pain.

I have enjoyed this story very much, even when I've been frustrated with John and Cameron trying so hard to preserve the original timeline. At this rate they appear to be trapping Cameron into a tragic loop.
Sylva Dax chapter 6 . 9/18/2017
Kyle with Sarah's photo nearly made me cry.
supercode chapter 61 . 9/13/2017
First of all, I just want to say this is an excellent story! I couldn't stop reading it and went through the whole thing in less than a week! Loved the references to the Bible, as well as many sci-fi properties like Firefly and Blade Runner. Your grasp of the characters is excellent, especially your portrayal of a very intelligent, but very human, John Connor. I also loved your portayal of Allison, as I have not seen many Jameron stories that show her in a positive light. If anything, I think you did your job too well on that front...

One of my few issues with your story was that Allison was such a likable character in BTF that I actually was hoping the road to Jameron would go through Jallison. Because honestly, not only was your version of Allison's character completely, selflessly devoted to John, she was also just a a kind, caring person...who just happened to love John enough to take a bullet for him. More than once. So yeah, I feel like, as weird as it may have been for John when he first met Cameron's template, it would have been nice for Allison to have been able to have one night of well earned loving with John before she had to be sacrificed to get Cameron back and preserve the timeline.

Honestly, I think Cameron would have understood John had needed someone at the time, especially after John explained to Cameron he had loved Allison in a different way. And since, you know, John and Cameron hadn't technically been in a relationship before Cameron took off into the future. And John still would have spent all that time trying to get Cameron back. But that's just my opinion.

Another minor gripe, has John never heard of the concept of a court martial, or a brig? I feel like many soldiers, especially Dietz, needed some "time outs" for disrespectful or insubordinate behavior throughout the story.

Finally, I'm still confused about Cody's parentage, namely, how did it happen? Since it's strongly implied John and Cameron are his parents, how exactly was he conceived? Or was he just adopted? And was Cameron the second shadowy figure in the background of Sarah's messages? If so, how could Cameron have been there if she was stuck in the time loop? If not, who was the person standing next to John in the messages?

Anyway, minor gripes aside, this was an excellent story, with a great plot, and as happy an ending as can be expected from a Terminator story, and I'm glad to have read it. Thanks again for writing BTF!
DannyK92 chapter 61 . 8/12/2017
where can I watch it?
DarkDanny chapter 61 . 8/11/2017
You should get in contact with RosieMac. If I recall correctly, she's Scottish.
1,030 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »