Reviews for Please Come Back
Invader Ivy chapter 5 . 5/11/2012
Good story!
TheSpriteOfJayum chapter 5 . 8/21/2011
By the way, yes, I found the song and enjoy it much. The first few times I read this final chapter, with the story calling Dr C by his human name, I still imagined him as a normal person without the cockroach head. On that review for Cherish, I kind of thought it would be Laura as it had been in 1984 when the Invisible Man died, making her in her 50s/60s. Along with the hair color and her being fired in Please Come Back, I kind of theorized. Just my opinion that's all. Please Come Back is one of my favorite MvA Fanfics as it is. Good job!
TheSpriteOfJayum chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
This is my favorite Mva FanFic. And Dr. C. will always be my fave
ThunderRiver411 chapter 5 . 9/14/2009
This was very interesting. He has got to be my favorite character so this is one of the best stories I found on him on this site. Write more soon.

I'm also working on a story. It's a crossover, but if you want to check it out sometime tell me what you think.
PaigeTurner91 chapter 5 . 6/28/2009
Man, you really got the Doc down! It was interesting to learn more about his past life-I'd never thought he'd have a wife, considering his "mad scientist-ness". And it was nice to know she didn't leave him after the "accident"- I'd thought she'd leave-but she took finding out what happened surprisingly well, still cares about him despite his change, and will stand by him.

Now, my favorite moments:

1:Jeffery and Lara dancing around that room- it was such a sweet moment- it shows how connected they are, and only makes it sadder after the accident occurs and he's taken away from Laura against his will- from the one person he loved.

2: His habit of constanly running his hands through his hair-it makes him abruptly aware of his cockroachness after his transformation.

2:Lara trying to attack him after seeing him after the accident- that was pretty scary.

3: Jeffery's confrontation with the person who fired Laura was chilling- if he' s strong enough to punch him that hard, who knows what else he could do?

4: Jeffery being dragged away from Laura by W.R. Monger and his goons. It was just...so sad. He never even got to say goodbye...

5: The ending- Jeffery alone and defeated in the prison cell, left with *nothing*- not even his *name*, and nothing but a watermelon-scented lab coat and a Guy Mitchell song to remember his old life by... And him singing that song by himself, alone...it was just heart-wrentching.

I really think you should write a sequel. We need to know what happens to him after-how he met the Missing Link and B.O.B., and how they became friends and lived before Susan came into their lives.
Alana-kittychan chapter 5 . 4/25/2009
*sniffles* aww soo sad
Katis228 chapter 5 . 4/22/2009
Very well written and very much enjoyed, on my part. Thank you so much for sharing!
Go-Go Spiders chapter 5 . 4/20/2009
Ack, this is kinda late, but I just got around to reading it. Sorry! D:

I loved it! Poor Dr. C. Giving him a wife was a nice touch, because it adds another layer to his character, and drives home just how lonely he must've been when he was taken away. ;_; I like his wife too- she's spunky! :D

Makes me wonder what happened to her after Jeffery was hauled off too.
Fuzzybuni chapter 5 . 4/19/2009
Wow, super sad ending. :(

I liked the story over-all though. It was good. Favourited.
laughndash chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
i just read this and have to say its pretty good . since the docter is free again at the end fo the movie maybe he somehow meets laura again and u could write about that as a 1 shot
GoneTurbo chapter 5 . 4/15/2009
I listened to the song [My Heart cries for you] as I read this chapter, and my god if I didn't bawl like a baby at the end. ;_;

The Guy Mitchell version is better for the effect than the Elvis Presley version.
Rapid Reviewer chapter 5 . 4/15/2009
Aw, that was it? It was good but way too short! You should write a sequal where Dr. C tries to break out or something, or maybe his wife tries to find out where he is and you could write how they deal with all of the troubles...or something. Just an idea, but yet again, you did a great job with this fic!
Deb Zorski chapter 5 . 4/14/2009
This is a great read... I'm a big fan of knowing a character's backstory - so much potential for really great writing and creativity, which you've done. Keep writing - I love seeing Dr. C's sensitivity and being inside his head
Rapid Reviewer chapter 4 . 4/13/2009
This is probably the best M.V.A. fic I've read on here so far. Dr. Cockroach is my favorite character too, and I've always wondered what his life must have been like before the accident. Your fic is awesome and I can't wait to read more!
Nobility chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
What? No reviews? I'm surprised!

Anyway, this is a pretty interesting story (even if the singing at the end of chapter was a little cheesy). I would've never guessed that Cockroach ever would've been married, before- interesting idea.