Reviews for In Dark Places
Vanechka chapter 22 . 12/29/2010
ROFL I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH LIKE CRAP.

I mean, it started off looking half-serious, with Pent and Louise (well, those two are married anyway.)

But-but-but...

SERRA LOL
TeaspoonChild chapter 24 . 1/23/2010
I loved number 22. I can just see the look on Mark's face, which is saying something, because no one knows what Mark's face looks like.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 23 . 12/7/2009
Wow. Just the other day, a co-worker and I were discussing how a dream of a dead friend or relative can go so far to resolve one's feelings. Very insightful of Xane to induce just such an "encounter" between Marth and Camus. Nice to see Xane's powers being used at all in a constructive way instead of for laughs, at that. I do like how you write Marth- not a total angstbucket, but self-reflective and serious and therefore prone to these darker moments. The moment of Xane's transformation was a little unclear; I had to go back and re-read it a second time to get what he was up to. But overall, this was an effective little piece.
Harukame chapter 22 . 12/4/2009
I think I'll go with Mark on this one

"What -"

Hilarious.
Shadow Star.EXE chapter 22 . 11/29/2009
WTF LOL.

Okay, that was stupid and crazy. XD

Made me laugh a lot. Thanks for the laughter.
Imuka chapter 22 . 11/26/2009
I love this one. (in a platonic way)
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 17 . 11/14/2009
This one is so sweet and appropriate, with all the right notes of melancholy realism underneath the glamor and romance. Also, this is probably the first time I've ever seen an author address the very real "downside" to marriage from Caeda's perspective; far too often writers have them blithely jumping in together with no regard to the consequences. Even worse, writers have them fooling around during the war instead of waiting until a more appropriate time to "meet," as you put it. Very nice.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 16 . 11/9/2009
Very nice opening line! I like the implication of the "size" of Camus, both physically and metaphorically. FEDS is so scant on these kind of physically grounding details that I love when an author incorporates them. Anyway, this is as short as it is moving. I appreciate your take on Marth and Nyna both- Nyna is a little mawkish and a little creepy, but under the circumstances it seems right. As for Marth, both his attempt at making things "worth something" and his realization that his efforts don't really matter seem completely in-character. One error- you have "lost" as "lots" at a key point in the dialogue.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 15 . 10/29/2009
Aw. Gilliam-as-mentor is nice use of an underused character. A fitting, and not sappy, ending to this little character arc for Amelia. Gilliam's er... creative metaphors...were a nice touch.
Shadow Star.EXE chapter 14 . 10/26/2009
This is awesome stuff here. I love what you have done up to now. The term "short, but sweet" definitely works for your drabbles.

I hope you update more. I'll definitely keep reading. :)
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 14 . 10/26/2009
Aw, this is very sweet. Gilliam's detail about the armor- Frelian metalwork plus Rausten magic- was a charming idea, and I like the way this is so grounded in the physical senses. Ephraim's mock reprimand over Amelia's habit of being early is also cute. Looking forward to the next part!
Kitten Kisses chapter 9 . 10/13/2009
I must've missed this chapter. Darn myself.

I love this. Good thing I checked to see if I'd read it. The last bit is really great, by the way. Favorite line? Hm...

[His chubby features will soon disappear and be replaced with lines and angles - he supposes it runs in the family, for his father once told him that he, too, was once a little cherub.] It's all too true, isn't it, that one ages much too quickly? And in this way, so will Roy follow in Eliwood's footsteps, growing old before his time. Must be a family curse, haha.

Kitten Kisses chapter 12 . 10/13/2009
This one is definitely one of my favorites from you. I remember it from the 365 Drabbles on LJ. Not that I stalk your FE work or anything. (Of course...not.)

Anyway, I love that you can write seriously. I also love that you can write with a wonderful sense of humor.

And sometimes, you write with both in one story. God, if you wrote a Fire Emblem chaptered thing, it would be amazing. Yes.

Anyway, I love the contrast between Eliwood and Hector, and how Lyn plays the part of "Middle Ground". So I have two favorite lines for this one.

[And she…well, when the two of them were off with Mark drawing up maps and charts and strategies, she was female enough to remind them of the women and children involved.] Of course, I'm biased toward Lyndis, but I love this line. I don't think Lyn would be of much use to the army as far as planning goes, because that is definitely not her niche. But what you described? That's so her.

[“She says ‘Hec’tr, when I f’rst – f’rst met you – you – Lyn! I’m tellin’ a story ‘bout your purple friend here!”] And this is a favorite because, hell, it MUST BE. This is so Hector. It reeks of him.

Kitten Kisses chapter 11 . 10/13/2009
Oh yes. I remember this one. Haha!

My favorite line's this one: [“You wasted your time. Used to pick at his food like a little girl…maybe he hit puberty.” Hector spooned out and flung the last bit of gruel in Oswin’s direction, eliciting a grumble from the knight.]

MAYBE ELIWOOD HIT PUBERTY. Great idea, Hector. And then of course, his childish (prepubescent) action of throwing food at Oswin? Epic Win.

Kitten Kisses chapter 10 . 10/13/2009
I'm so jealous of your ability to just write the smallest things while making them so very powerful. I loved this drabble. I honestly think it fits Lucius's character quite well to do something like that. After all, his past is clouded. My favorite line was this one: [Without memory there was no personal history, and without personal history there was little to affirm that they had lived at all.]

Just...wow. Wonderful work!