Reviews for American Girl
RoryCullen chapter 44 . 6/24/2013
That was interesting that Edward asked permission to have Bella join him at his families home for Christmas, rather than discussing it with Bella. It just seems like something they would discuss with each other and not ask permission from the parents about. Maybe she could join him at his family's home a couple of days after Christmas and stay for New Years. It would be a way for her to see all the decorations and they could have a big New Years meal together. I wonder what you will do. I'm surprised that Edward said they would have to live together for a long time before he would want to get married, I mean isn't that what they have been doing for over half a year now... living together at least part of the time? Interesting. It seems like she is ready to jump, more so than he is and I would have thought it would be the other way around.
RoryCullen chapter 43 . 6/24/2013
Jacob got a dig in about the tattoos but really he didn't say or try anything too bad. Edward kept himself in check but still he has to just got to stop with the evil eye towards Jacob and let the whole possessive thing go. I suppose I have to remind myself that he is only 19 though and first girlfriend and all that. Poor Rebecca worked hard to make them a turkey that didn't turn out, because of the power outage, and what ever she did instead to try to cook the beast obviously didn't work because the turkey got burned.., maybe the barbecue or something, (been there done that), but at least she tried. Poor girl worked hard for them and then they make fun of her. What kind of crap is that! I'm just kidding. A woman's work is never done or appreciated though it seems, well at least in some cases. I looked up the 59 Impala, that is sure quite the car and you are right it has a huge back seat, but does not seem to have four doors. Oh well.
RoryCullen chapter 42 . 6/23/2013
I am glad Renee is coming around... now both sets of parents are being accepting and supportive. Its about time Renee. I am surprised that a little inclement weather would keep Angela away from seeing her best friend and her new boyfriend? Hopefully they get to meet sometime while they are down. Things seem to be going well other than that.
RoryCullen chapter 41 . 6/23/2013
Well I guess they are all pretty silly, but "all's well that ends well".
RoryCullen chapter 40 . 6/23/2013
Oh boy... couldn't they let Rose and Bella have one night out with Jasper without them? They took off on their parents and Alice, when everything was going so well. Silly, horny guys. Hopefully they don't get the wrong impression by something they were not supposed to see at the bar.
RoryCullen chapter 39 . 6/23/2013
Yeah, Eddie, I think you seriously need to get a handle on your possessiveness... or is it insecurity. Whatever it is... cut it out. Bella I guess has forgiven Jacob and what wants to give him a chance as her friend? If so then an explanation to Edward is in order and I have a feeling that will be forthcoming from Bella in the next chapter. Edward is still getting used to having a girlfriend, having intense feelings for someone and doesn't want to lose her I guess.
RoryCullen chapter 38 . 6/23/2013
His parents did not seem as bad as I thought... they are not snobs after-all. Esme is warm and welcoming, and even though I agree that absent parenting is not great parenting, they obviously love Edward very much and were both trying to get to know Bella and to be polite. I was surprised that Bella was not a little angry with Edward for bringing up the 'family baggage' at the dinner his parents set up to meet Bella. It was hardly the time or the place for that. How embarrassing. I think many of the things Edward said were out of line given the situation and it being the first time for Bella with his parents, but I liked that Bella stood by him nevertheless. I didn't like the whole blanket endorcement to treat her like a whore behind closed doors thing that Bella sprung on Edward though, I guess she is a whole lot different than I thought. I sure hope he continues to treat her with love and respect and not like someone he has paid for.
RoryCullen chapter 37 . 6/22/2013
That's too bad, Edward's parents are not only too distracted to be good parents, they also seem to be snobs... at least Carlisle doesn't seem to be the nicest.

I liked what Edward did for her birthday, he made it special in a unique way, without over doing it. I like that this Bella doesn't over react to being pampered by the man who loves her.
RoryCullen chapter 36 . 6/21/2013
That was as hot as hell. Just the right amount of UST there for a bit and I love that they made up... and how they made up. Hope nothing major happens to harm them again. I looked at the chapter titles and it certainly sounds like something is going to go wrong, but hopefully they will battle it together this time, rather than apart.
RoryCullen chapter 35 . 6/21/2013
Taking it slow, on their first few days of reunion, but that's o.k. I wonder how easily Bella would have been able to put it behind her if Edward had of slept with random girls? Glad we don't have to find out.
RoryCullen chapter 34 . 6/21/2013
I loved this chapter; it was so enjoyable in so many ways. Starting with Jacob. I'm not sure why Bella doesn't want to forgive him and be his friend again, since they were childhood friends for so many years, and he lost his mom and all so it is hard not to sympathize with what he must have been through, but Bella gets vibes from him that she is not comfortable with and doesn't want to resume their friendship, So yeah I can't help but feel sorry for him because he seems like a good guy, but she said "no" so I have to admit I grinned when Edward punched him. I also have to admit that you decided to not delve into that scenario of Bella and Jacob becoming friends again, and him probably going after her and sticking his nose in where it was not invited. That has been done a lot, and Yay... no annoying Jacob messing things up for Bella.

What a surprise when Edward up and left her there when everything was going so good between them, but boy oh boy every single minute of this chapter was pure gold especially when Edward told Jacob where to go, remembered that Bella likely followed through with her promise not to see him back in Forks and wants nothing to do with him (rather than jumping to the wrong conclusion when he saw him exiting her apartment), and Bella seeing all the maps and pictures in Edward's room along with one of her sleeping on his bed-side-table. I love how blunt she was about what she wanted from him when he made it home too. I bet he loved seeing her on his bed and her sarcasm.
Perfect chapter, loved it, thanks so much.
RoryCullen chapter 33 . 6/21/2013
That was a great chapter. Emmett getting Edward all worked up and jealous over Bella is exactly what will work to get Edward to take his head out of his ass. I love that Edward put the maps and pictures up on his wall. He won't be able to see her words written on the back... but I guess he will remember them and can take the photo down and read it again if he forgets. Emmett had told Bella that he saw pictures of her, and they didn't do her justice, I guess he must have meant the ones on Edward's phone, and he must have fibbed about knowing Edward received a box from Bella with more pictures, since Edward just got them while Emmett was talking to Bella. I do hope Bella makes the next move again... although Edward might surprise both of us and go see her after what Emmett just stirred up
RoryCullen chapter 32 . 6/21/2013
Hey, i love that Emmett and Rose were both warm and accepting of Bella...even encouraging. i was expecting the opposite from Rose especially. I like when she actually turns out to be nice and supportive with Bella for a change. Way to go... girl-power. I am also relieved that Edward did not throw out the pictures... maybe he actually got some of them enlarged and put in frames or posters? I sure hope Bella continues to take the next moves to get him back, since he really doesn't know what to do and therefore probably won't do anything.
RoryCullen chapter 31 . 6/21/2013
I love Van Morrison, but boy if I were in Bella's shoes I wouldn't want to listen to him right now. She is going to have a weep-fest, listening to the song Edward used to sing to her. I don't think I would be able to cope.
As for Edward's reaction, well I really don't think he was looking for a way out of the relationship, an excuse to break-up with her, so all I can think of is that his inexperience in relationships is showing. I mean he loves her, she loves him, she did something stupid keeping this from him because she didn't trust him or the depth of his feelings for her to forgive her lie, but so what. He should have been mad at her, and perhaps disappointed in her, but talk about over-reaction...I think. Edward has to take her off the pedastal he put her on and realize that she is not perfect, she is made a mistake, forgive her and move on. He has to separate the person from their action and hate the deed, but not the doer. Forgive young Edward and move on... be happy.
RoryCullen chapter 30 . 6/20/2013
That was very romantic, there last time together for a very long time. How bitter sweet too. I'm also glad they created some more memories together walking around London.
2,786 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »