Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
Black chapter 18 . 6/19/2013
Getting tired of your ... fanfiction - Just started reading your amazing story, and I'm going to comment one think that i find tiring ( only one, because otherwise plot is amazing, i cannot see any spelling mistakes, and naruto isn't almighty in chapter 2 :P) - what is it with Jiraya ? How a legendary sennin belives that he is unable to protect his balls against a young girl and 3 dogs ? I saw Jiraya get bashed by sakura, ino, anko, tsunade, kurenai, hana, shizune and much more, just to show how "dangerous" kunoichi can be - It's always like this - Jiraya do something for me ! - No - I'll attack your balls/beat you to a bloody pulp - if it's a male speaking - Bring it on punk ! - women/ little girl - oh yeah my master, shall i clean your toilet too ? Tiring !
Entoarox chapter 33 . 6/19/2013
I have to disagree with the 'defeat naruto', rather I think he would be forced to draw on the kyuubi to dangerous levels.
Elemental superiority means very little to the power of the bijuu who causes tsunami's simply by waving a single tail after all.

Combine this with the fact that your naruto is more then willing to kill if he needs to, and any victory that the mist ninja may have, would end as soon as naruto goes bijuu mode.

After all, yagura was under a genjutsu and still took large effect for the rebels to defeat, if naruto reached the three-tailed state without mei there to aid them, the mist ninja would be toast.

Honestly, there is very little that can defeat a jinchuuriki to begin with, and the power of kyuubi itself is almost impossible to defeat. (Naruto just has the shit luck that those things that can go against kyuubi are also the ones who are after it.)

This is not even taking into account what features of the restored seal will now be able to aid naruto.
The seal in cannon was already incredible, and in your story that version is a weakened version.

Hell, the only reason naruto cant just ass-rape them is because kyuubi is still working against him.
Should the seal manage to force kyuubi asleep, or kyuubi choose to aid naruto, then the people capable of actually defeating naruto immediately drop down to 3 at the current time in your universe.
(Pein: rinnegan, Tobi: sharingan, Itachi: Sharingan)
There are after all only three known bloodlines capable of stopping kyuubi's power, and all of em are a direct relation to the sage himself. (I'm not counting Minato's sealing because that doesnt stop kyuubi's power, simply locks it away in a jinchuuriki, not a option if its a jinchuuriki ass-raping you.)
Entoarox chapter 22 . 6/18/2013
From what I understand about summoning, it takes both chakra and control to summon a boss.

Naruto was afterall stuck summoning tadpoles and small toads untill he overcame the 'control' part of the requirement by supplying a literally inhuman amount of chakra.
onlytoask chapter 11 . 6/11/2013
There are some problems with your writing. First, you use too many exclamation points. And two, you switch perspectives all the time with no warning. You go from writing from your point of view to suddenly being in Naruto's or Hinata's or whoever's minds. And I've noticed that you tend to exaggerate the amount of time things take to happen. Like when Naruto was fighting you said it took three minutes. There is no way in hell that took three minutes. It would have been more like 45 seconds. And the story itself is lacking in logic in some places. For example, when Shizune disabled Naruto. That was literally a death sentence had Shizune and Hinata been defeated. Or when they tricked those councilors. That's absolutely ridiculous. What were they supposed to do? They were faced with ninja who could kill them in an instant. Did they expect them to sacrifice their lives when it wouldn't have done anything? Honestly, I wish I wasn't so far into this already so I could stop reading. It would be too big a waste of time to just stop now.
onlytoask chapter 10 . 6/10/2013
I got really confused at the end there. It's probably because I read the first half of this chapter like a week ago and just now read the rest, but still. I thought there were three brothers, one was fighting Tsunade, one fighting Shizune, and one fighting Hinata. If Shizune and Hinata killed their opponents and both were visible from where Naruto and Hinata are, then why isn't Shizune there? And why is the third brother there? I thought he was fighting Tsunade.
onlytoask chapter 9 . 6/6/2013
There's nothing wrong with Kiba. It's perfectly understandable that he's pissed off. I don't get why you don't seem to lie him.
onlytoask chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
I still can't stand the idea of new Uchiha. I know it's completely irrational, but it's really fucking with me. I'm actually worried it'll get to the point where I won't be able to continue the story because of it.
SilveredFoxeh chapter 27 . 6/3/2013
Hello! Enjoying this so far, I was just wondering if it might ever be picked up again. It's been a fun read but I fear I'm getting closer to the end of what you seem to have written!

I'll leave another review when I catch up but i would love to know if it might be completed, or if you are just on a bit of a hiatus. Thanks for writing!
Dynamite on Cure chapter 43 . 6/1/2013
Well, now the war seems to be coming to a head in the manga, so i hope you get your writing flow back -
...just as long as you keep away from those listing reasons in threes like detestable bullet points. *shakes fist angrily* Everything will be 'fine' and dandy, i'm sure *cracks knuckles*.
Dynamite on Cure chapter 42 . 6/1/2013
*thumbs up* wow, much improvement. Barely any of those nasty over explanations and what few there were had been mild.
Nice. Very nice.
:D
Dynamite on Cure chapter 41 . 6/1/2013
Finally i saw your writing start to eclipse some of the information. I particularly enjoyed your line in this chapter where it said, "Ah, the joys of teaching children to look underneath the underneath." Or something like that. Now your writing has finally started to have a dimension that /can/ be looked under.
I was delighted to see great improvement in that area of ambiguity that was lacking. While there were still some unnecessarily over explained portions, like the Kumo nins figuring out EXACTLY what happened at the Asuma vs Team Tsunade battle field, there were also times where they were left to speculate, like when Shizune didn't mention they were without the option to resupply or when Hana couldn't be convinced with logic. Now that's the kind of devil may care attitude I would expect from a strong character like Hana. Originality success!
In fact, as I was reading i was siting multiple quotes where you succeeded in said pursuit, but they were unfortunately lost by an accidental page refresh so i can't show you where exactly all the wonderful passages were.
I liked how shizune listed there loses with apprehension and how she left out that they could find a shop to replace their loses any time soon.
Of what i remember, there were times where you headed in the right direction, then fell back into old habits.
I liked how Iwa started to deduce info from the body they received and how they struggled but i got irritated when they figured out "derp, Minato's kid Kyuubi jinchuriki, LOL so obvious."

I truly do hope you keep at whatever it was that helped you improve between chapter 35 and 41. Believe me, I'm elated, utterly giddy to see this trend of growth continue. )
Dynamite on Cure chapter 40 . 6/1/2013
Dude, like I have said many times before, TMI. Why does everyone figure out the correct answer almost instantly and no matter what situation they are in, they can logically rationalize!?
"First, the one he was facing was not the same Namikaze Minato as before, given a few key facial differences. Two, the chakra signature of the assumed Jinchuuriki was moving in his direction, making the blonde his secondary target. Third, given the tradition of the Kages sealing the Biju into their families, he was most likely facing the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki child of the Yellow Flash." - THIS, this right here is where my only complaint to you lies.
There is absolutely no dramatic irony.
YES, we know all these facts about Naruto and crew.
YES, it would be pretty startling to see an enemy stumble upon these facts or have the intellectual capacity for abstract rationality (especially under fire).
...but every FREAKING time with every character is way too often and undoubtedly excessive. They all have the same way of thinking and process of thought. It ruins the specialty and difference of each character. (It feels like reading a story where they try to make Hinata and Naruto have all the same jutsu with Hinata working her way up to 100 clones at once in a week just for the hell of it -infuriating beyond all belief and takes away from specificity/individuality.)
I wish he (Asuma) would have /seen/ the answer somehow instead of rationalizing his way to the truth because it would be more epic. Also, getting away with the information right when it's exposed is too easy. A few near misses are more scary and quite thrilling. ((((I really, really hope Asuma dies without leaking the info and "it was a close call" type of thing.))))
Dynamite on Cure chapter 39 . 6/1/2013
It just keeps getting better! XD
onlytoask chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
I don't like the idea of continuing the Uchiha. I get that it's necessary and that probably is what they'd do, I just don't like it.
onlytoask chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
This story seems like it's going to be good. I'm not thrilled that it'll be a NaruHina, but that isn't enough to stop me from reading it.
2,859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »