Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
Rahuratna chapter 17 . 7/26/2013
Hi there! Although I am completely hooked on this story and would love to continue reading it forever and ever, I think I'm way overdue for dropping a review.

I think that the plot and level of complexity in this story is truly amazing. The manner in which you include so many characters and never skimp on detail, thoughts, dialogue and keeping them as close to canon as possible is one of the main reasons I love reading this. I'm only on the 17th chapter, but I recognise an epic when I see it.

I am a big fan of the Naruto Hinata pairing, I think because I have a thing about rooting for the underdogs, which is pretty much what they both are. I love it when they overcome obstacles through sheer willpower and perseverence and this story clearly showcases such an inspiring form.

I also like that the other characters are also given their due. I really liked the realistic confrontation between Sakura and Kakashi. I am actually a huge Kakashi fan and he is my all time favourite character in the series (closely followed by Naruto, Hinata and Shikamaru). I identify him as a greatly flawed, damaged and neurotic man who builds defenses around himself from human interaction. That being said, I wouldn't call myself a true fan if I did not recognize these flaws. I wish such a confrontational scene had been included in the actual story, as I found his earlier neglect of both Naruto and Sakura as inexcusable.

That brings me to Sakura. You did a wonderful job with her, not changing her personality or love for Sasuke, but educating her to the reality of the ninja world, her own worth as a ninja and human being, and above all, the REAL meaning of teamwork. I must say, Sakura is one of my least favourite characters (first impressions die hard), but the manner in which she is often brushed over and under-developed really annoys me.

There are a hundred other things I would like to say, but I will include them in future reviews! Thanks for the gripping, exciting and fantastic read!
Ana chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
Hinata and naruto romance
WarKnyte chapter 43 . 7/17/2013
Excellent story. I do hope for and look forward to more chapters. I've enjoyed reading this greatly as it is well plotted and characterized.
Ragtagmeat67272 chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
The best story I have read so far keep it up because I really like where this is going.
saoirsewolf chapter 43 . 7/11/2013
You can use this ark to show how much Naruto and Hinata kick butt! Oh, I was wondering , when are they gonna realize that Hinata has fast healing?
Kell Shock chapter 8 . 7/2/2013
Mental energy? It's Spiritual energy, not Mental energy. Why else would they do so much meditating? Even in the manga and anime, there are scenes where Team 7 is sitting around meditating. I can understand Naruto's chakra control being shot due to the seals being released, but Mental energy should have nothing to do with that.
xaburame15 chapter 19 . 6/26/2013
As a starting writer I realized how much reviews mean to a author so I decided to review more to the stories I read,I really enjoy reading your story and I wanted to say its really thought out his training and some of the ideas you come up with. I like it
Uraharaisgod chapter 12 . 6/20/2013
Question, why is only 1/3rd of Konoha quaking in fear of the upcoming bout of Naruto homage from Konohamaru? Surely the females are just as much at risk? (Konohamaru nearly K.O'd both Ino and Sakura with his alternate version in the manga, it was Naruto who punched Konohamaru for daring to pervert his perverted technique to make a *Boy on Boy* version (suspiciously looked like Sasuke and Sai))
Black chapter 18 . 6/19/2013
Getting tired of your ... fanfiction - Just started reading your amazing story, and I'm going to comment one think that i find tiring ( only one, because otherwise plot is amazing, i cannot see any spelling mistakes, and naruto isn't almighty in chapter 2 :P) - what is it with Jiraya ? How a legendary sennin belives that he is unable to protect his balls against a young girl and 3 dogs ? I saw Jiraya get bashed by sakura, ino, anko, tsunade, kurenai, hana, shizune and much more, just to show how "dangerous" kunoichi can be - It's always like this - Jiraya do something for me ! - No - I'll attack your balls/beat you to a bloody pulp - if it's a male speaking - Bring it on punk ! - women/ little girl - oh yeah my master, shall i clean your toilet too ? Tiring !
Entoarox chapter 33 . 6/19/2013
I have to disagree with the 'defeat naruto', rather I think he would be forced to draw on the kyuubi to dangerous levels.
Elemental superiority means very little to the power of the bijuu who causes tsunami's simply by waving a single tail after all.

Combine this with the fact that your naruto is more then willing to kill if he needs to, and any victory that the mist ninja may have, would end as soon as naruto goes bijuu mode.

After all, yagura was under a genjutsu and still took large effect for the rebels to defeat, if naruto reached the three-tailed state without mei there to aid them, the mist ninja would be toast.

Honestly, there is very little that can defeat a jinchuuriki to begin with, and the power of kyuubi itself is almost impossible to defeat. (Naruto just has the shit luck that those things that can go against kyuubi are also the ones who are after it.)

This is not even taking into account what features of the restored seal will now be able to aid naruto.
The seal in cannon was already incredible, and in your story that version is a weakened version.

Hell, the only reason naruto cant just ass-rape them is because kyuubi is still working against him.
Should the seal manage to force kyuubi asleep, or kyuubi choose to aid naruto, then the people capable of actually defeating naruto immediately drop down to 3 at the current time in your universe.
(Pein: rinnegan, Tobi: sharingan, Itachi: Sharingan)
There are after all only three known bloodlines capable of stopping kyuubi's power, and all of em are a direct relation to the sage himself. (I'm not counting Minato's sealing because that doesnt stop kyuubi's power, simply locks it away in a jinchuuriki, not a option if its a jinchuuriki ass-raping you.)
Entoarox chapter 22 . 6/18/2013
From what I understand about summoning, it takes both chakra and control to summon a boss.

Naruto was afterall stuck summoning tadpoles and small toads untill he overcame the 'control' part of the requirement by supplying a literally inhuman amount of chakra.
onlytoask chapter 11 . 6/11/2013
There are some problems with your writing. First, you use too many exclamation points. And two, you switch perspectives all the time with no warning. You go from writing from your point of view to suddenly being in Naruto's or Hinata's or whoever's minds. And I've noticed that you tend to exaggerate the amount of time things take to happen. Like when Naruto was fighting you said it took three minutes. There is no way in hell that took three minutes. It would have been more like 45 seconds. And the story itself is lacking in logic in some places. For example, when Shizune disabled Naruto. That was literally a death sentence had Shizune and Hinata been defeated. Or when they tricked those councilors. That's absolutely ridiculous. What were they supposed to do? They were faced with ninja who could kill them in an instant. Did they expect them to sacrifice their lives when it wouldn't have done anything? Honestly, I wish I wasn't so far into this already so I could stop reading. It would be too big a waste of time to just stop now.
onlytoask chapter 10 . 6/10/2013
I got really confused at the end there. It's probably because I read the first half of this chapter like a week ago and just now read the rest, but still. I thought there were three brothers, one was fighting Tsunade, one fighting Shizune, and one fighting Hinata. If Shizune and Hinata killed their opponents and both were visible from where Naruto and Hinata are, then why isn't Shizune there? And why is the third brother there? I thought he was fighting Tsunade.
onlytoask chapter 9 . 6/6/2013
There's nothing wrong with Kiba. It's perfectly understandable that he's pissed off. I don't get why you don't seem to lie him.
onlytoask chapter 8 . 6/5/2013
I still can't stand the idea of new Uchiha. I know it's completely irrational, but it's really fucking with me. I'm actually worried it'll get to the point where I won't be able to continue the story because of it.
2,867 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »