Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
"Fox Lord," nice!
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 10 . 11/22/2014
Like the thoughts with the ANBU, in that no matter how eccentric the present Hokage(s) are, or the future ones will be, they are far, far better than the alternatives
Renga of the Janin, when I say you are fertalizer that is a reference to how many pieces you will be left in
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 8 . 11/22/2014
LOL on how Shizune regards Naruto-Hinata as being a soap opera for her and Tsunade to enjoy. Also like that yes Tsunade is trying to help someone she cares greatly for, is taking pride in doing the right thing, but she is also investing to make sure she has a replacement Hokage ASAP
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 7 . 11/22/2014
Like the Akatsuki scene, noting how they could all shatter countries but were still diffident towards Pain. The explanation for the 3 year gap was also well thought out
Kumo chapter was well thought out, adding depth to the Raikage. The reflections on the Byakugan were good too, noting how not only was it powerful but also reliable (i.e. less cost than others, and easy to give out), and that maybe a huge bribe over a high-stakes abduction might have been a better idea :-P
Prefer the cannon Tsuchkage so far though
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 6 . 11/22/2014
Inoichi's reflections were some powerful work. Also liked the point that some parents would tell their kids to stay away from Naruto not because of hate but social pressure
Kinda wish that in cannon someone had had a conversation like that with Sakura. Mayhaps not that extreme, but someone should have said SOMETHING
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 4 . 11/21/2014
Like Naruto's reflections on Sasuke, especially given the latter's cannon actions near the end of the series. How Shikamaru absorbed the information of Sasuke's punishment was also an interesting description. Also liked his observations #3, and #9-12
Regarding Sasuke's imprisonment, I have to admit that all the bases to prevent a prisoner escaping on his own seem to be covered, though I do find it interesting that his words imply he still believes he can get free.
GrumpyGrue chapter 18 . 11/15/2014
Quote: "If he tries to defend himself with hollow words, I can strike him down to remove an obstacle. However, if he recognizes me, and still accepts his fate, than (should say then instead of than) any regret will be genuine, and we can count on his true loyalty. The man is smart enough to understand the reasoning behind such a test, and shouldn't hold it against us."

The princess's plan could have gone wrong in many ways. It relies on superstition too much, or that Komei would be in a state of mind suited for her plan. If people thought rationally...or superstitiously, but in a different direction than intended, there are ways that don't give a conclusive answer to Komei's loyalty.

Take 1- Komei: "I was shitfaced when Musou talked me into it! Please forgive me for raiding your panties! I did return them in a box once I was sober, since I was horrified, and it was embarrassing. Not your panties, You have a nice bum, but the action of panty raiding I mean. Oh god, I can't believe I said that. Just kill me painlessly please."
Toki: '...He recognizes me, and accepts his fate, but I still want to kill him.'

Take 2- "Gang, we have another mystery on our hands!"

Take 3- "Hey you! Are those the princess's belongings? Don't you have any respect for the deceased?! Kids these days... Cosplaying the recently dead." *shakes head*

Take 4- "I don't know what you have against me, but I won't just roll over and die. My country needs me, more than ever."

Take 5- "These mushrooms I've taken to eating to drown my sorrow of the princess's death sure give me strange dreams. Since this is a dream, maybe I can fly now! *Jumps off high floor of a tall tower* Weee!"
GrumpyGrue chapter 17 . 11/15/2014
Why is Jiraiya caving in to Hana's shitty attempt at intimidation? She summons the three Haimaru dogs, in his own office, which I bet would have many ANBU around if he wanted to not lift a finger (though he could whoop a chunnin veterinarian's ass easily), and he nearly shits himself in fear? He's a MFing sannin. A sage. Hokage. He let this lil bitch walk all over him.
Plunny.Empress chapter 43 . 11/2/2014
This has been a really great story so far! I've noticed a few very minor grammar mistakes, but are easily dismissible with how well the story flows and all the wonderfully placed character development. I really hope you update soon, but no pressure. ;) Thanks for writing and posting all that you have so far. I really love it and look forward to when you manage to next update. :D
kovs chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
I liked that you actualy gave a good reason for the counsils actions, i like it
Mimikkyu chapter 4 . 10/13/2014
I love shikamaru as a character and the interaction between him and shikaku was BEAUTIFUL! Loved it!
Sparkysbro chapter 11 . 10/11/2014
Well, THAT was an energetic chapter! I was on edge during every scene! I enjoyed the conclusion of the ROOT base raid. Hearing is such a sensitive sense...
Sparkysbro chapter 4 . 10/11/2014
I loved that shoji match!
Sparkysbro chapter 2 . 10/11/2014
I am absolutely cackling after Tsunade's edicts
crystaltyger chapter 43 . 10/6/2014