Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
Dragon Man 180 chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Nice chapter, very informative. But things don't look good for Naruto, he's got external threats, ie Kumo, Iwa, Akatuski, and Orochimaru and now an internal threat of Kyuubi wanting to make him pop like a balloon. I hope he gets a lucky break soon!
Gravity The Wizard chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Cool Update! I like the concept of Crone of the Seed it seems like a very realistic concept that could have taken place in the Naruto series. I find your protrayal of Kyuubi-teme very spot on. I guess there will be no Chunnin Day Exams version of Kyuu-teme here.
OutlawKnight chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
another great chapter and some interesting ideas, also I can't wait to see the spin-offs
Lady Cinnibar chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
This story is brilliant. I hate to admit it, but it's the best take I've seen so far on the challenge. I am thoroughly enjoying the depth you're going to on covering all sides of the events, and it's done close enough to the series that I can actually picture it happening. Yes, it's somewhat OOC, but I've never yet seen any fanfiction that's truly in character, because only the author knows the inner motivations of their characters. I don't particularly care as long as it's a believeable build upon the displayed personality in the show. You make me seriously tempted to read the manga, btw, I've only seen a half dozen of the anime, so I really should get a grip of the true basis for the Naruto stories. Thank you for sharing this gem, and I look forwards to more.
Paladeus chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

Yup. It was disappointing to get to the end of what was posted.

Likes:

It was a good way to get Naruto moving, by having him instinctually try to get away from the tickling. I can see that, sleeping arrangements and having Hinata help him with certain things like dressing, bathing and potty breaks having been an interesting way to get her comfortable around him (especially if he didn't have the coordination to direct himself while going number one... *shifty eyes*) Thankfully, you aren't as sadistic as you sometimes seem.

I'm glad to see that the Nara-Aki-Yama group is upset with their knowledge. They didn't actively help or hinder Naruto, but not helping was as bad as getting aggressive with him and his development. I'm a little intrigued that it hasn't become more widespread to know that Naruto is the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi yet. I had thought you hinted that it was going to become public knowledge. Still, nice to see it surprised, and they really only did just leave, though I hope to see the Yamanaka family's meeting that Ino was called to.

Nice way to incorporate the Kaguya bloodline, by not having the body destroyed. I know Perfect Lionheart said his bloodline in Chunin Exam Day could be used, so I'm curious to see if that happens or not, and when, if it does. You seem to have taken the healing bit, and possibly bloodline theft, but his senses could be adapting, or just the change based from those seals. I would have said the illegal seals could have damaged the chakra matrices enough to allow that much to bleed through so it was like CED, but you had Jiraiya say the seal was now actually stronger than before, so I'm not sure and still curious. Likewise with whether or not the bloodline, should one come about, is going to be shared or not. We DO know bloodline theft is possible, even in the anime/manga, so this is just something to look forward to in the future.

As for dislikes, I don't remember the formatting being as bad in this one, so that's good. I would say I would like to see some fluff, but I'm a fluff-a-holic, so I'll just wait and see. They're only two days out, at the moment (depending on where you start the next chapter.) I am not sure about others, but I always see this challenge as a major fluff type of potential.

Regarding the harem idea, I'm indifferent. I like them, if done tastefully, but I maintain that I cannot like the idea of more than two, MAYBE three girls, or it gets to be too much. They are good, occasionally, to have more, but I usually think that Hinata deserves him all by herself. Sakura has always been a b1tch to him, so I usually only like seeing her under his authority as a sex slave (usually in darker ones) or pet (or both.) Ino is my second-favorite girl, but mostly because she's cute, hasn't really hurt Naruto that I'm aware of (excepting the kiss with Sasuke in the beginning when ALL of the girls attacked him) and ... well, she's feisty. That's gotta be fun (usually, I feel the point of harems is for the sex, more than necessity. CED is a rare exemption from this rule. It's there, but all off-screen, so to speak, and done in a tasteful way.) Again, I'm a fluff guy, so harems can also mean romance, but Hinata would HAVE to stay centric in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Paladeus chapter 5 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I've gotta say, I'm pleased to see someone play to Tsunade and Jiraiya's weaknesses. I hadn't seen that yet in this challenge. I know I mentioned my own plans for Tsunade in my first review, but it doesn't count when I haven't posted it. So, I'm happy to see it, all said and done. Different, yes, as you play to her lifestyle in the past decade or so.

Still highly looking forward to the next chapter (and saddened to find it is the last, at the moment) so I'll say adieu and keep going.

PS: Same dislike.
Paladeus chapter 4 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I have to say, I very much like the depth and complexity of this story. I LOVE these things. They literally MAKE the story. That's why I try to write it and why I adore Perfect Lionheart's work so much. It absorbs me and is enjoyable.

I'm perfectly happy with a straight pairing that isn't harem. Hinata is just too adorable to not be happy with.

I'm also very, very, VERY pleased you don't have a female Naruto somewhere and Hinata being bisexual. It makes me so mad to see so many female version of Naruto in this challenge. I can't figure out why they are there! I absolutely loathe gender-bending stories. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was that we haven't even had to SEE a Naruko form yet.

I'll admit, your Sakura is a pleasant change.

I'm still a little blegh about the formatting. I don't know what it is, but it's still jumping to the next line in the middle of a sentence or between sentences that shouldn't change and paragraphs that should be separated aren't. That's really my only dislike, again. I'm rather enjoying this whole thing and will be C2'ing it.

Paladeus chapter 3 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I was rather curious about how the majority of the Clan Heads would be in this. We know Hiashi doesn't really care for Hinata and more the clan, but the others, usually, seemed to be generally good. I've been wondering about that. Some are good, some are bad, some are "better him than the traitor" and such. It's interesting to see.

To be honest, I'd review more properly, but I'm wanting to get to the next chapter.. Eheh...

Loving the chapter length, though. You made a hint at lowering the word count, so I thought I'd push that in there.

Only dislike is still the formatting. The story itself is great so far.

Paladeus chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I absolutely LOVE the seals limiting Naruto's ability! People don't normally tend to focus on those, but I absolutely love the concept. I plan on exploring them greatly in my time travel story, but MAN! You did a wonderful thing, here. And the best bit, it's likely. People may not have been, I'm thinking the Yamanaka, but not everyone in all clans are the same or good. There's always a baddie.

I'm really looking forward to a horny Naruto stalking his prey (read: Hinata) and them doing the naughty. Even if this doesn't have lemons, it's a fun concept to think of. They obviously don't have to do sexual things, really, but maturity happens physically and mentally based on the stress of the body. Training for a kill or be killed profession, most will mentally mature a lot, and physically is handled by anyone who trains properly. Especially a stamina freak like Naruto and taijutsu specialists like Hyuuga who train from when they can walk, it seems.

The black canister thing and such is nice. I like that people think to add those in.

Only real dislike, so far, is formatting. It's still off for some reason. You've got lines that break when they shouldn't, even during someone talking and paragraphs/sentences that aren't spaced apart from one another.

Paladeus chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I'm an avid Naruto/Hinata shipper. I'm generally okay if one adds Ino into the mix, but I don't really care for Sakura. I'm not saying this to try and lead you into a harem or specific members of such a harem if you go that route, just giving my thoughts. Hinata and then Ino are really the only ones I really care about. Others are just there for the sex as far as I'm concerned, though, Perfect Lionheart is the only one I've seen do a large harem well. I normally can't see more than two girls because I would think it takes away from the honest love and affection a person can feel. More girls would usually be seen as sex objects in a dark/evil Naruto story.

I like how you have the council having motives and abilities that work, but aren't stronger or more powerful than the Hokage. I've started and finished the first chapter to this challenge, though I'm not posting it, and I blame them giving themselves the power by slipping those abilities in while Tsunade was drunk, personally. So far, Tsunade has been innocent in all of these I've read, and I think that it's strange for the Council to be able to do that in a village that's created with a military structure where the Hokage should rule everything, as the whole place is all about military strength and power. I liked your approach, because they aren't so powerful, but use the abilities they have to do the most damage, just as political snakes would and could do.

I already said I dislike Sakura, but I approve of her being human in this. Same with Kakashi. I hate the guy. In months of training, he taught them all tree-climbing, only, and only Sasuke learned anything else. Poor Sakura learned nothing, as she was already able to do the tree-climbing exercise and the bastard should have taught them all more control.

As for dislikes, you've got formatting issues. That's really the only thing I disliked aside from what appeared to be a few words missing here and there, but nothing bad. All pretty minor.

highblade chapter 6 . 5/8/2009
great story, you have the plot going well and while I am not a fan of Sakura, I am glad that she is not being portrayed as an irredeemable fangirl with an insane fixation on the Uchiha. For the pairing of whether it should be harem or not, I would say yes, but keep it small. Hinata is really one of the few characters that really fits together with Naruto. The other Harem members would be up to you but keep it small, to maybe five or less. If the story is well written then it doesn't matter if it's a harem or not, but I think that Naruto deserves one for all the crap he's put through.
Shadow65 chapter 6 . 5/6/2009
please update soon
AiSard chapter 6 . 5/6/2009
Land.. of Vegetables? ~_~ lol

anyways, love this fic. Your the third one whos taken up the challenge that ive read (technically fourth.. but one sucked so bad im not gonna count it)

really love reading the power plays and so on so forth, hope you update soon
Darak chapter 6 . 5/6/2009
I don't understand why the civilians like the Uchihas so much, they were shown as so arrogant that most civilians would have been treated as cattle and thus most likely would have resented it at some point. I would have expected the ninjas to idolize the Uchihas not the civilians, after all no Uchiha ever did something for the civilians.
Darak chapter 5 . 5/6/2009
It is too bad Daimyo Sama but perhaps your successor will see light if not then his might do (there issue dealt swith as it should be and execute the council member as well, there's no reason to keep them)
2,859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 168 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 188 .. Last Next »