Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
Gravity The Wizard chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
I loved it well all except for the part of the Lord of Fire abandoning poor Naruto I hope he pays for that decision. I wonder what are the chances Sasuke-teme is impotent somehow it would seem like poetic justice to me.
Anime507 chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Very good story so far. I like the way you are treating Sakura and Sasuke (and most everyone else) so far. I think Sakura gets treated very bad in many stories, worse than she should (though she does deserve some punishment for her actions). Sasuke is a traitor and thus he always deserves the worst punishment possible.

I really look forward to how you play the Naruto/4th Hokage connection. I would use it to counter the Daimyo's influence and action. The Daimyo would be asking for an uprising if he were to knowingly persecute the child of the 4th.

Anyways, can't wait to read more!
Anon chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Strangely, you have portrayed the Daimyo as a realistic representation of a military leader. But, he does not understand the full scope of what Naruto could do (or his influence in Konoha or Suna), if he does, he would prefer to withdraw his protection from the Council. Much better that many of the Missing Hokage fics I've read because there is a conflict in this story, unlike the rest where Tsunade, Shizune, Naruto and Hinata departed Konoha and leaderless Konoha is depicted as powerless to stop Wave, Suna, Snow, etc, etc from cutting ties and Akatsuki decimated Konoha becuase they cannot find Naruto etc, etc. You get the idea.
Kaiya Smith chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Nice chapter but I think the Daimyo was being a bit stupid. He had to have known that Naruto was not only the hero of Konoha but also the hero of Nami no Kuni and Yuki no Kuni (haven't seen Land of Spring as _ no Kuni). Then again, he probably gets his information from the council, Sarutobi's old teammates, and Danzo. Also, I'd be a bit worried about how Naruto might react to being mentally and physically crippled by seals and that he was being hindered by people that the Daimyo endorsed. If Happy-go-lucky Naruto (who dislikes or hates being weak and useless) then what would a seal-free (sort of) Naruto be like? Sacrificing one for one million doesn't work so well when that one has the potential to wipe out that million if he wanted to. Daimyo of Hi no Kuni might get a big surprise when the alliances his land had with other countries will go up in smoke (that and you'd think he'd realize that the people he just endorsed wanted Naruto to roam through the Land of Fire and draw the Akatsuki's dangerous attention to him and the others he interacts with). I seriously hope he realizes this soon before he finds himself being on Naruto's shit list.
Kasuchi Koichi chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
I don’t know why, but the Daimyo gives me the feeling that he is in on any plans that Danzo, Koharu, and Homura’s plans. I hope Itachi comes into the picture soon to kick some a-ss. If anything, Itachi should be the one restoring the Uchiha clan seeing as how he was the only loyal Uchiha in Konoha at the time of the massacre.
L-dawg chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Nicely done. The whole Uchiha breeding program ought to have those idiots chasing their tails for a while.

Asuma's conversation with the Fire Daimyo was somewhat disappointing. I would have expected the Daimyo to show more wisdom than the foolish Wind Daimyo who created the situation for the Suna/Sound invasion. Asuma should have reminded the Daimyo that the Fourth Hokage (one of the greatest Hokages Konoha ever produced) wanted Naruto to be seen as a hero. By supporting his banishment, the Daimyo is spitting on the honour and memory of the Fourth. The Daimyo's own argument about protecting millions by sacrificing Naruto is the self contradicting. You are in fact endangering millions by making it easier for Akatsuki to capture and extract the Kyubi, thus getting them one step closer to achieving their goal which would spell the end of all the elemental nations.

The whole relationship between a Daimyo and his country's hidden village is somewhat frustrating to me. If a Daimyo is making policies that hurt his own ninja forces then there should be the threat of retaliation. If I were a kage I would sooner eliminate a foolish Daimyo than put up with the crap Suna endured. By hurting your hidden village you are hurting your own country and making yourself a threat to it.
bandgsecurtiyaw chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Great stuff.
Bobboky chapter 4 . 4/29/2009
this is one of the best challenge responses i have read so far.

thanks for writing it and i really really look forward to more.
Shawny Wong chapter 4 . 4/29/2009
I'd like to say that this is one of the better (maybe even the best) "Missing Hokage" challenge fanfics that I've read. It's very good! I especially like the plot twist on the reason that the elders want to banish Naruto.

I LOL'ed at the way you listed Shikamaru's and Hinata's reaction to finding out about the Kyuubi. My favorite line: "Hey, not everyone was born a high level genius."

And the last scene with Shikamaru and the original Ino-Shika-Cho was excellent. There were so many layers to it, metaphorically. The way Shikamaru made his statement was perfect.

I'm going to be another one of those people who thank you for NOT bashing Sakura (and Kakashi). Thank you! Sakura was a little girl with a crush in Part 1, but she matured greatly in Part 2. She's NOT an evil banshee like some fics make her out to be! I enjoy fics that give her a chance.

I'm glad to hear that you're leaning away from the harem idea. And I love the idea of sibling bonds between Naruto and the other girls, instead. :) Naruto is the perfect image of a baby brother that one can tease to death! Plus, I like "sibling-bonds" stories.
RazetheWorld chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
I have read several stories based off the same prompt you are using and so far i like this one the best. As a side note, i think you should keep this a Nauto/Hinata fic. Harems usually work better with stories that have a god like Naruto That just gets laid alot. Having a one on one relationship will make things easier in the long run. But thats just my opinion.
michael68 chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
Nice to see different factions in Konoha being responsible for Naruto's life rather than the Council of Elders serving as the generic "source of all corruption."
1Batman4u chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
moar plez!
DJinnai chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
So far, excellent story-please keep it up!

In particular, the description in this chapter of the respective thought processes for Shikamaru and Hinata were well written and hilarious. Keep up the good work!
readadiction chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
The best of the 4 i think they are?of the challenge of lionheart. Great begining and all believable.
Lil Biatch chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
In my lowly opinion, it's the best "Missing Hokage" yet.

But what do I know?