Reviews for Escape from the Hokage's Hat
landoffire chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
i liked this chapter. i wonder what itachi will do? i'm looking forward to what inoichi will do to his clan member, and what ino will have to do with it? i'm looking forward to nartuo's friends reactions to everything. looking forward to the next chapter. keep writing, you have a really good story going here. update soon please.
Deathmvp chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Another nice chapter to this story. I personally like how you have the plots going on that will interact with each other.

As to your note about doing a independent thing for some of it I would recommend agents it. Keep it all in one story even if you get some chapters that do not have Naruto in it.
qwe123 chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Great work so far! Hope you won't abandon your story, just like the others of this kind were. Your plot is indeed unique. Unique in a good way. In my opinion, the best of all challenges so far. In addition, I hope the story won't end up being a harem - they are so dull and simple when compared to one big love story with a happy ending :) Harems kill the mood.
Shinigami chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
So those limiter seals were making Minato's seal weak? Kakashi will be LIVID if he was to find out! PLEASE have Jiraiya find out and tell the ninjas that! In fact-it would be karma irony if Naruto's precious people defected to some enemy village like Stone or Cloud or Sand...Since Sand and Stone are short on ninjas. The failed invasion prolly cost Sand 3/4 of their ninjas...Cloud needs more bloodlines. But no idea why. If some of the bloodline users were to move to Cloud willingly. Then Cloud wouldn't have to resort to kidnapping. Why doesn't the kages try to make a deal with Naruto and Hinata instead? They are young, and more likely to listen, if the kages were to explain their problems. It gets annoying when whole villages resorts to grudge matches with innocent kids...No matter what the author of Naruto claims-Naruto and Hinata are UNDERAGE! They aren't even 18 yet!
DragonMaster4381 chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
This is one of the more interesting attempts as Perfect Lionheart's challenge. One of the things that originally caught my attention was that this was labled as a Harem story. I know there are a lot of them out there, but many of them are poorly done, more so few of them ever allow Hinata an important role in the story. I vote that you still do a harem based story but give Hinata the more important role within it, like say the alpha wife or something. For hoots, you could even add Shizune into the mix since she seems to like Naruto a lot. If you want to make it a good story though without it being too frustraiting, don't make a harem larger than six or seven females and make sure all of them are compatable with both Naruto and Hinata.

The most compatable girls I could mention to you at the moment aside from Hinata would be Shizune, Shion, Ayame, Kurenai and Anko. Other possibilities that would bring in odd or mixed elements would be Ino, Tenten, Temari, Hana Inuzuka or maybe Sakura...depending on where you wanted her character to go.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
vnvanman chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Nice to know what other factions think about Tsunade's stunt and Konoha's current situation, it gives a heads up to what's to come. I not surprised of the ever growing list of people wanting Naruto dead or captured, things are never easy for the good guys. And one more thing, I still vote for NaruHina, no harems.
Kasuchi Koichi chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Great. Not only does Naruto’s team have to deal with Orochimaru and Akatsuki, but also Kumo and Iwa. It’s funny how Naruto and Hinata are the only members of the Rookie 9 that have whole countries as enemies.
Thyrokio2 chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Really a good chapter all around, the Tsuchikage blowing up his advisors was pretty funny.

Good work
Dragon Man 180 chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Nice chapter, very informative. But things don't look good for Naruto, he's got external threats, ie Kumo, Iwa, Akatuski, and Orochimaru and now an internal threat of Kyuubi wanting to make him pop like a balloon. I hope he gets a lucky break soon!
Gravity The Wizard chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
Cool Update! I like the concept of Crone of the Seed it seems like a very realistic concept that could have taken place in the Naruto series. I find your protrayal of Kyuubi-teme very spot on. I guess there will be no Chunnin Day Exams version of Kyuu-teme here.
OutlawKnight chapter 7 . 5/9/2009
another great chapter and some interesting ideas, also I can't wait to see the spin-offs
Lady Cinnibar chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
This story is brilliant. I hate to admit it, but it's the best take I've seen so far on the challenge. I am thoroughly enjoying the depth you're going to on covering all sides of the events, and it's done close enough to the series that I can actually picture it happening. Yes, it's somewhat OOC, but I've never yet seen any fanfiction that's truly in character, because only the author knows the inner motivations of their characters. I don't particularly care as long as it's a believeable build upon the displayed personality in the show. You make me seriously tempted to read the manga, btw, I've only seen a half dozen of the anime, so I really should get a grip of the true basis for the Naruto stories. Thank you for sharing this gem, and I look forwards to more.
Paladeus chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

Yup. It was disappointing to get to the end of what was posted.

Likes:

It was a good way to get Naruto moving, by having him instinctually try to get away from the tickling. I can see that, sleeping arrangements and having Hinata help him with certain things like dressing, bathing and potty breaks having been an interesting way to get her comfortable around him (especially if he didn't have the coordination to direct himself while going number one... *shifty eyes*) Thankfully, you aren't as sadistic as you sometimes seem.

I'm glad to see that the Nara-Aki-Yama group is upset with their knowledge. They didn't actively help or hinder Naruto, but not helping was as bad as getting aggressive with him and his development. I'm a little intrigued that it hasn't become more widespread to know that Naruto is the Jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi yet. I had thought you hinted that it was going to become public knowledge. Still, nice to see it surprised, and they really only did just leave, though I hope to see the Yamanaka family's meeting that Ino was called to.

Nice way to incorporate the Kaguya bloodline, by not having the body destroyed. I know Perfect Lionheart said his bloodline in Chunin Exam Day could be used, so I'm curious to see if that happens or not, and when, if it does. You seem to have taken the healing bit, and possibly bloodline theft, but his senses could be adapting, or just the change based from those seals. I would have said the illegal seals could have damaged the chakra matrices enough to allow that much to bleed through so it was like CED, but you had Jiraiya say the seal was now actually stronger than before, so I'm not sure and still curious. Likewise with whether or not the bloodline, should one come about, is going to be shared or not. We DO know bloodline theft is possible, even in the anime/manga, so this is just something to look forward to in the future.

As for dislikes, I don't remember the formatting being as bad in this one, so that's good. I would say I would like to see some fluff, but I'm a fluff-a-holic, so I'll just wait and see. They're only two days out, at the moment (depending on where you start the next chapter.) I am not sure about others, but I always see this challenge as a major fluff type of potential.

Regarding the harem idea, I'm indifferent. I like them, if done tastefully, but I maintain that I cannot like the idea of more than two, MAYBE three girls, or it gets to be too much. They are good, occasionally, to have more, but I usually think that Hinata deserves him all by herself. Sakura has always been a b1tch to him, so I usually only like seeing her under his authority as a sex slave (usually in darker ones) or pet (or both.) Ino is my second-favorite girl, but mostly because she's cute, hasn't really hurt Naruto that I'm aware of (excepting the kiss with Sasuke in the beginning when ALL of the girls attacked him) and ... well, she's feisty. That's gotta be fun (usually, I feel the point of harems is for the sex, more than necessity. CED is a rare exemption from this rule. It's there, but all off-screen, so to speak, and done in a tasteful way.) Again, I'm a fluff guy, so harems can also mean romance, but Hinata would HAVE to stay centric in my opinion.

I look forward to seeing where you go with it.

Adieu,

Paladeus chapter 5 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I've gotta say, I'm pleased to see someone play to Tsunade and Jiraiya's weaknesses. I hadn't seen that yet in this challenge. I know I mentioned my own plans for Tsunade in my first review, but it doesn't count when I haven't posted it. So, I'm happy to see it, all said and done. Different, yes, as you play to her lifestyle in the past decade or so.

Still highly looking forward to the next chapter (and saddened to find it is the last, at the moment) so I'll say adieu and keep going.

PS: Same dislike.
Paladeus chapter 4 . 5/9/2009
Hidy hidy,

I have to say, I very much like the depth and complexity of this story. I LOVE these things. They literally MAKE the story. That's why I try to write it and why I adore Perfect Lionheart's work so much. It absorbs me and is enjoyable.

I'm perfectly happy with a straight pairing that isn't harem. Hinata is just too adorable to not be happy with.

I'm also very, very, VERY pleased you don't have a female Naruto somewhere and Hinata being bisexual. It makes me so mad to see so many female version of Naruto in this challenge. I can't figure out why they are there! I absolutely loathe gender-bending stories. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was that we haven't even had to SEE a Naruko form yet.

I'll admit, your Sakura is a pleasant change.

I'm still a little blegh about the formatting. I don't know what it is, but it's still jumping to the next line in the middle of a sentence or between sentences that shouldn't change and paragraphs that should be separated aren't. That's really my only dislike, again. I'm rather enjoying this whole thing and will be C2'ing it.

Adieu,