Reviews for Castles
XxPriscillaxX chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I just fu**king love it. Fullmetal Alchemist mangaverse is bliss isnt?.
Kayli chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Good job, enjoyed it. Especially the ending.
Xinarie chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Thank you Temeraire. Hee.

Hearts,

Xinarie
favilla chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I really enjoyed this. I love Hawkeye-centric fic, and I think you really nailed the dynamic between her and Roy.

I loved that he blew up the stove. That was cute. :P

But mostly I really liked the parallel between her father and Roy. I remember she'd been scared by her father's absorbtion in his studies, and I don't think anyone's really pointed out yet how Roy's thirst for revenge has consumed him in much the same way. It makes sense that she'd make that connection.

Really well-done. :)
Imogene the Dancing Cow chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Wonderfully written! However, I could not disagree more with the concept! Hawkeye is practical, but she’s definitely an optimist, otherwise she wouldn’t have been so easily swayed by Roy’s dreams. Maybe it’s because I’m not usually a shipper (and let me tell you, it's a painful thing to be in a world full of shippers), but I don’t believe for a second that Hawkeye was devoted to Roy in those early flashbacks. They seemed to hardly know one another, after all. I think she dedicated herself to his dream first, and her intense loyalty to him grew out of that, rather than the other way around.

Also, you mentioned them discussing how the war had changed Roy, but I honestly believe that Ishbal changed Hawkeye more than it did Roy. It’s something that I think a lot of authors gloss over, likely because they’re more preoccupied with Roy’s angst over Hawkeye’s. After Ishbal, Roy more fiercely dedicated himself to his dream and a loftier goal than he had imagined before, but in many ways he seems to have remained the same person. Hawkeye, on the other hand, seems to have majorly reinvented herself (at least on the outside) from that very shy, meek, and soft girl we see in the flashbacks.

And just to be nitpicky (yes, you may stab me), Roy joined the military before Master Hawkeye died. And he’s more the foster son of a whore… or rather a brothel owner or...? All well.

Ack! I hope I don’t sound too mean! I think maybe these thoughts have been building up for a while, and you just happened to catch the brunt of them. Of course, all of this is just my own personal interpretation. I do like seeing other people’s ideas about the characters even if they aren’t on target with mine, so I was certainly glad to read this. Not to mention, it’s always a pleasure to read something by a talented author! I hope my comments have also provided some interest to you.

I just wish I could make myself sit down and write out my own ideas about the characters… sigh. And, yes, Chapter 94 was worlds of awesome, so I'm glad to see a mention! I have no doubt that Hawkeye would really shoot Roy if she had to, though I'm certain things won't actually come to that.
MoonStarDutchess chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Brilliant piece of work! Wonderful writing, wonderful style!