Reviews for Gamesmanship
SubRosa7 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I remember reading this story years ago, before I knew how much work writing is! I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I like it. It is one of my favorite takes on the future relationship between Eomer and Faramir.

Thanks again,

Susana
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Love the in-character Faramir! Too often fanfics portray him as angsty and even wimpy, forgetting that he was a first-class (although reluctant) warrior. You've managed to show a good balance of his gentle and fierce sides - well done!
IceAngel7 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Thank you! Read this upon waking up this morning while feeling a little grumpy and now inspired again :)

Loved Eomer's character here, very gravely, if that's a word that can be used about a character. The setting was fantastic, and really atmospheric throughout

Thanks again for a great read :)
Riel-mir chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Amazing wish they can make a movie if this it's like POTC and LOTR. Wow. Thank you for your great story. I love The way you portray Faramir my fav.
Syntyche chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Excellent work. Thank you for posting.
Blonde Shadowcat chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was great! I love how you made Faramir a peaceful chap; he really is an awesome character. Great job!
miriamne chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
wonderful story! I liked how you showed the growing respect Eomer was gaining for Faramir, and Rohan,Dol Amroth and Gondor all willing to protect the other. very nice!
Lady Bluejay chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Very nice - although I agree with Lia - I think Eomer could fight on or off horseback. But perhaps not so well on a rolling ship. LOL.

I liked the scene of the cramped quarters below and the family mucking in together. And of course your very own Jack Sparrow - lovely. LBJ
Lialathuveril chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
I enjoyed this story, especially Eomer's unease on board a ship, mangling of nautical terms and his missing Firefoot. Although IIRC he dismounted to fight Ugluk, so would have no problems fighting on foot. But the fight was well done, I thought, and I laughed at the Faramir-meets-Jack-Sparrow scene. And the final exchange between the two men, showing the respect they hold for each other, was also very nice.

Lia
Mirach chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Very good descriptions of fight, and the whole story full of action! The mention of chess on the beginning, that returned later in deeper meaning was very impressive, and both Éomer and Faramir were very true to their character. Lol, I consider to integrate the phrase "Felaróf's balls" to my active vocabulary... :D
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I love the way you depict Eomer in this story and contrast two equaly brave warriors.