Reviews for An Angel Doesn't Belong in a Fruits Basket
amichalap chapter 5 . 12/3/2010
very nice. apparently misato and shigure agreed ahead of time what they'd tell everyone else. now that i've read this far, i can see some parallels between the sohmas and the eva pilots, the ones they saw in their dreams. kyo's really similar to asuka, they seem confident, but deep down have self-loathing problems. tohru and shinji both seem to be the apologetic type, like asuka said. and rei and yuki, well, it's not very easy to explain, but if you've seen both shows it's hard not to see they have some things in common. maybe it'll become clear later. try and update this story again, it's really good!
amichalap chapter 4 . 12/3/2010
nice chapter. asuka is very much in character this whole chapter. i like the way she seemed to soften up when she learned tohru's mom was dead. shinji seemed in character too. i don't blame tohru for being confused by what's going on. please update this story soon.
amichalap chapter 3 . 12/3/2010
nice. this show how much tohru's friends care about her. kyo knowing asuka's name before she said it, and his attention to her when they 1st saw her, really hints at his dream. asuka's rage at the fact none of tohru's clothes fit is perfectly in character, and i love the way she reacts when she learns the shirt belongs to tohru's mom.
amichalap chapter 2 . 12/3/2010
pretty good. nice touch having the doll enter the picture. i guess this gives a hint to what kyo dreamed about. hana's comments are disquieting, but also a nice touch. i loved the little scene with rei and tohru in the girl's room. i can see why rei's statements could freak a person out.
amichalap chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
very nice 1st chapter. i wonder what kyo dreamed about. and tohru seeing rei seems to mirror the 1st episode of evangelion, was tohru seeing him in her dream? misato saying she's 'seen stranger things' seems to fit, given what happens during the show's run.
NeoMiniTails chapter 5 . 6/7/2010
Hmm... I wonder when you updated this. I never realized that you updated this story until just now when I decided to look at your account and see what you've updated recently.

I'm sure glad that I've watched Fruits Basket so it's much easier now fo see how the two shows combine. I must say, I do like this chapter a lot. You write Asuka amazingly! I felt her scenes, her dialogue, her bitterness for Asuka after the events of The End of Evangelion.

Shinji was also pretty well-written, loved the physical descriptions of his movements. It's easy for someone, even if the person never watched Evangelion, to see what kind of guy he is. His dialogue fit him but I didn't feel him as much as I felt Asuka but still a very good job on him.

For Kyo, he was third best written character on this chapter. I wouldn't say it was amazingly done but he was in character. I liked his dialogue better than Shinji's however that isn't saying much as your writing for dialogue is already done very well...

No major complaints... No grammar mistakes that I can remember... I can easily see this scene on the anime...

Oh and I enjoyed Shigure and Misato's exchange.

Good job. Update soon.

Until Next Time,

smile,

Neo
Tri-Emperor of The Twilight chapter 5 . 8/21/2009
Great story so dramatic.
NeoMiniTails chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
Hey I didn't exactly get to review it before because the site was messing up and showing error messages. Either way, I really enjoyed it. I don't remember if I found faults other than the fact I prefer the manga v of Eva but that's just personal. Lol.

Great chapter!

Until Next Time,

;) Smile,

Neo
NeoMiniTails chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
Really good chapter! Awesomeness!
NeoMiniTails chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
Another amazingly written chapter. However, if you allowed anonymous reviews, you'd have much more rviews for your stories. Furthermore, if someone anon flames you, you can just delete the comment. Flames hardly ever happen though so I doubt you'll have to worry about that.

Enjoyable suspense in this chapter
NeoMiniTails chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
So I've finished it, the first chapter. I really liked it and for once, I wasn't really paying attention to grammar but it looked good. _ Rei is alive, yay! _ I love people with the name Rei; theyre always hot anime character... -drools-

Nice introductory chapter to your story... If nicely advertised, it would keep people reading it. Cool chapter and nice characterization of Fruits Baskets from what I remember the manga being like and the anime...

Hmm will Shinji be in this story? I have a feeling he will be with their dreams. Good job with creating the creepy scene; you're pretty good at making horror- like scenes.
ArmorBlade chapter 4 . 8/4/2009
It's got a good start, like how you fitted in some random clues of what was carried over such as the doll. Good vibe to it also. But you tend to forget who you are describing in which action, messing up him/her and repeating a name when it's clearly someone elses action - I suggest you do a quick edit of the chapters for that because it does get quite distracting.

Otherwise a well done crossover I think.
The Sixth Child EVA-04 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Oh my god! Do-

-wait. Is there an echo in here?

...

Weird.

Anyway, do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for a story JUST like this one? The whole "Take a more lighthearted anime/cartoon world and stick Evangelion characters into it" thing? Why hasn't anyone done that sooner?

You're writing almost exactly the type of story that I've been hopeing someone would write. The way I would do it(if were a writer)would be to take Shinji, Asuka, Gendo and maybe Misato and afew others(depending on the story), alter their "backstorys" a bit(ie: No Angels, no Eva's, no Nerv, etc, to better fit the new world they're in)and put them in a more lighthearted world and see how its characters react to them. (The way your doing it for THIS story is cool too, thou.)

Think about it...

Evangelion/Azumanga Daioh, Evangelion/Ouran High School Host Club, Evangelion/Ranma 1/2, Evangelion/Love Hina...

How about Evangelion/Lucky Star? Can you imagine how Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa, Miyuki and the rest of the characters would react/interact/deal with someone as shy, timed, introverted and completely F'ed up as Shinji Ikari? Someone as loud, aggressive, extroverted and just as equally F'ed up as Asuka Langley Soryu? Someone as cold, cruel, manipulate and just down right evil as Gendo Ikari?

Anyway, I love your story so far and I hope you update again soon. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Ps. Maybe when you get the chance, you could do more EVA crossovers. Maybe some of the ones I suggested?(Hint, hint)

*cough* EVA/LS *cough*

Pss. This story is Shinji/Asuka, right? That's my favorite pairing. S/A 4 EVA!
hitsuzenbutterfly chapter 4 . 6/30/2009
Oh my god! This is one of the BEST crossovers ever! I loved how you kept everyone in character, the whole concept of Fruits Basket/Evangelion-everything! I love the suttle hints of Evangelion, by the way. "Doll"... Well, I hope you update this! I am definitely interested. You, my good author, have great skill, as well as a great story so far. XD
mystlady chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Oh my god! A crossover between Evangelion and Fruits Basket, I never thought I see one in my lifetime! It's a pretty neat idea and it's a shame that no one else is reviewing this. It's very well written! Anyways, thank you for writing this unique crossover!