Reviews for THREE OH NINE
Angelholme chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Wow. These just get better each time.

On a side note - if I may ask a question? Why are these distinct, separate stories, rather than multiple chapters in one story? (It would make it easier to add to a favourites list, for example, if it were one story with 20 or so chapters, rather than 20 or so distinct stories).
androshay chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This is the first episode that I wasn't wild about. It kind of jumped the shark a little for me. There was a lot more exposition in your writing in this episode which really took me out of the scene. It's difficult to "experience" this one as a real episode when there was so much internal thought which you wouldn't get in a TV show.

I know some of that exposition was important for this episode, such as the "strike two" between Joan and Dylan, but I would have rather experienced that as a real scene or quick dialogue between her and another character like maybe Grace in order to deliver the necessary info to we the audience. I felt myself wanting to skip some of the longer lead-ins.

Please stick with your crisp setting of the scene and who is there and let the dialogue take care of the rest as you've done in 301-308. Everything you've written so far as worked and flowed flawlessly without need of the exposition. Trust your great dialogue to carry the undercurrent of info or emotion you want to convey.

On a sidenote, I was sad to see Joan have to push Dylan away like that. I understood her motivations, but it came across as almost TOO harsh for her character. While I appreciate the events of this episode in the context of your season, it didn't seem to fit in as well with the rest of your season so far. Still, your efforts in this season have been spectacular.

Now that I'm all caught up I'm doomed to wait for more! Thanks again for your great work and stay true to your own vision as the author (and well... the producer). You've got great instincts and a natural feel for these characters.
CharlesTheBold chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Very good chapter, and in spite of the serious theme - Joan's despair - it has hilarious moments. Like Joan snapping "Where have YOU been?" at God, as if she was a nagging wife instead of his follower, or the image of a 1905 version of Little Girl God. Hope that Joan finds some way to explain things to Dylan.
bookworm33 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
AGGHH! I'm so mad at Ryan! I want to hate him, but he's such an idiot for trying to fight God that I can't help but feel sorry for him, thus negating my hatred for him. It's very frustrating having to "love one another as I have loved you." My sister says you can't really hate or love fictional characters, but I do, so I guess I'm a little crazy like that.

Joe of Arcadia, nice tie in.

I laughed a little at your summary. "A much too long next episode". No such thing as much too long.

Poor Joan. She really does sound crazy some times with her "I won't stop until I bring Ryan down." I mean, we know she's not crazy, but you can almost see Helen's thought bubbles "Maybe we should send Joan back to camp..."

All in all, excellent installment. Have no clue how Joan is going to reconcile Dylan to her, but I have faith in you to come up with something plausible. Thanks a million.
Vartan-LoVer chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
That was an interesting episode, though i am sad to see the end of Joan and Dylan. And I am happy to see Ryan getting partially what he deserves. Hate him tremendously.

And I can see how Joan is being tested in this episode particularly. I'm just sort of interested in how she'll be tested otherwise. And how Dylan will be as well. It's going to be odd, but I have a feeling he's gonna figure out what Ryan said to Joan. I just wonder if it'll be before or after they get back together. Which, i know they will.
quibley chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Ah, I liked that one so much. Great work.
hhargrove chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
That was a great chapter. Keep up the good work.