Reviews for All Along the Watchtower: The Joker
skywalker05 chapter 4 . 2/28/2010
I do find it unlikely that anyone can get used to broken legs enough to shrug it off alright, but you've probably done more research than I have. Amusing meeting between the two. And those song lyrics at the begining...XD perfect. I'm definitely going to follow this.
skywalker05 chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
A slick origin story for the nickname-and we get to see his mom! lol Nice!
skywalker05 chapter 2 . 2/28/2010
And I just realized all the chapter titles were the mnemonic. I salute your genius. :D This one especially also really characterizes him powerfully.

"Though his mouth remained straight and shut and his rapidly flicking eyes never turned to her, he spent the next few seconds laughing hysterically." Brilliant! This so explains his apparently stoic personality in flight school. You write so well how much he enjoys flying, how much he wanted to jump. And "practical joke"...win.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Really good! I love the idea of seeing into the past that ME just hinted at, and you characterize our Jeff nicely with things like "hree more corridors and two more caring glances later". I supposed he'd hate for me thinking "aaw". You give a great picture of the academy and what he has to do in getting around it in daily life (Jon Grissom as hatrack lol). Also, that mnemonic...lulz. Moving on to read more!
Jasmine's Nightmares chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I loved it! The second chapter was a bit overly technical for me (huh?) but I loved all of it nonetheless.

I won't go into much detail about how well you grasped Joker's personality on this one. In fact you nailed it. That's more-or-less how I view Joker, myself.

Remarks: "Every good boy deserves favor"? Hm...(insidious grin)

Piano lessons? PIANO LESSONS? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I can totally see Joker agonizing over a keyboard, even though it never occured to me before.

Nice work with the chapter titles, following the E, G, B, D, F(?) sequence, by the way.

Say, is the "All Along the Watchtower" fic event open to "writers"?
rutger5000 chapter 4 . 6/6/2009
I've also read all along the watchtower: The Thief by knightfall. And I enjoyed his story just as much as I enjoyed yours. You're both great writters, and I'm thrilled to read your collaberated work.
R-I-C-A-R-D chapter 4 . 4/15/2009
I liked your descriptions of piloting the ship during the training flight. Personally, I always found it odd that a person would fly a ship without some kind of flight stick but that's just me.

Looking forward to All Along the Watchtower.
decuvieri chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I've been excited about this since I saw it mentioned on your profile. I read The Thief before getting over here, and I have to compliment how well you two collaborate. I've been involved in several projects with multiple members so I know sometimes it's hard to sync up, but you two have done a good job of it.

I'm really impressed with the characterizations. Joker's irritation at people is played up but not overdone, which is certainly commendable.

And how I laughed at the chapter titles. "You know the old memory aide, don’t you?” Brilliant, dear sir. Brilliant.
The Odd Little Turtle chapter 4 . 4/14/2009
good stuff

the thief was good too

surprised me that you guys would have alenko accidently break joker's legs though

jeeze! poor joker!
Mr.Snickers chapter 4 . 4/14/2009
excellent story, very intriquing and well written background on how Joker got his nickname and his friendship with ...can't wait to read more...and this is definitly going on my favorite stories list (and thats not a very long list just so you know lol)...alright well i guess im gonna go see if your partner wrote "The Thief" as well as you wrote this...keep up the good work...peace