Reviews for Raging Fires
dksaga chapter 21 . 3/19
Read this last year in a crazed rush. Rereading it now much more slowly and savoring it.

I love your Erik. Some of your moments in his head are my very favorites in all of fanfictiondom. With that "fuck you, she's mine now" thrown up at the god looking down at him, you won. All of it.

Looking forward to working my way through this, just remembering how it's angst heaven, and the romantic bits are heartbreakingly lovely, and the angsty bits are heartbreakingly heartbreaking, and the sexy bits are utterly scorching.

Wishing I could find more stories from you. Not to mention hoping you'll update this story someday ...
bwayphantomrose chapter 76 . 11/19/2013
So hopeful that this is not the end of the story and that you have more to follow up and continue upon - I am not one to rush author's to update if they are not ready to submit the next chapter; that being said, I do hope that it is soon, simply since I enjoy this story so much!
Phantomphan1 chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Oh oh oh... Will you ever update this? Perhaps you could write us a little note in your profile to let us know whether to wait or give up. This story is so intense and marvellous and deserves an ending.
dksaga chapter 76 . 8/15/2013
So after a marathon of a few days of starting this story and finishing this, I think it is still incomplete? But it's time to weigh in.

Your story is wonderfully emotional and angsty and romantic as all get-out, all my favorite things for stories to be, but it would've benefited from some solid beta'ing. Aside from particular minor grammatical issues you've got (then/than, who's/whose, and object pronoun misuse are the biggies, along with stray spelling errors), your dialogue is confusing at times because you put the follow-up thought on the same line as the dialogue itself. Some chapters don't have this issue, so perhaps you did have different betas dealing with it, and some betas are definitely better than others. But when it does occur it can be distracting and make it hard to follow who has said what.

I hope this story isn't being abandoned, because it really is so all-encompassing and achingly written, and I'd love to see where you were taking them. It was a wild ride, and feeling Christine's growing maturity and strength and confidence has been lovely, and feeling Erik's corresponding loss of control and strength and confidence has been heartbreaking.

Hoping things are going smoothly IRL for you and that you update someday soon ...
123 chapter 45 . 5/14/2013
I'm about half way through reading this fic and I adore it! I notice you haven't updated in a while, I hope this is not abandoned?! It is really terrific and you are a good writer - not many fics hold my attention 45 chapters in, and yet with yours I'm glad I've still got almost the same amount to go!
Best wishes
123
Bergamotte chapter 76 . 3/24/2013
craftydevil, it has been a while since other people reviewed Raging Fires, so I'll jump in and give you my thoughts. I love your story and I really hope you won't abandon it! Obviously many people hope that. More than one-quarter of your reviewers have marked the story as a favorite, and there are almost as many follows as faves.

The biggest conflict in Raging Fires seems to be within Erik's mind. He now has everything he ever wanted; he just can't forgive himself and can't let go of his self-hatred, let alone love himself. During his formative years, all the atrocities he committed were "do or die". He was not to blame. But he doesn't see that and can't abandon his feelings of guilt. In recent years, he sometimes allowed a darker part of himself to take over and do things that were completely beyond his control. He doesn't see that either. This man doesn't cut himself ANY slack . . . despite having had a childhood that no one should have to endure, having been treated brutally by society throughout his entire life.

Erik prefers not to speak about his problems with other people. Yet, if he could, he might be able to work past them. I don't know whose counsel he would most benefit from, Nadir, Christine, Cameron or even a person who isn't in the script yet. But he needs to open up to someone.

Erik has spent enough time spinning his wheels. He needs to move ahead, forgive himself and put his ghosts to rest.

How about it, O craftydevil? Can we have more chapters and happier ones soon? Many thanks.
Bergamotte chapter 6 . 3/21/2013
craftydevil, I absolutely love your writing style. Just thought I'd pop in and say that before I've read too many of these delightful chapters. Your writing is elegant.
Chels chapter 67 . 1/21/2013
*nosey Meg finds the lever and learns what the mirror can do*

Me: Ooooohhhhhhh sh*t...
KoffinBat chapter 76 . 12/8/2012
Gah, I hope you haven't abandoned this story yet! It doesn't seem done yet! I'll happily wait if there's more to come though. :D
MsDarkRosebud chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
OH MY GOD, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTERS YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY WOMAN
silken touch chapter 75 . 10/21/2012
I love this story so much. I've been following it from the beginning and I hope it doesn't get abandoned 3
Guest chapter 76 . 10/16/2012
Is it over?
Guest chapter 76 . 10/4/2012
I absolutely love your story! It is very well written, the details, characterization, and plot. Please, please update again soon!
shadowphantomnes chapter 17 . 10/1/2012
Another beautiful chapter. I love the idea of Erik trying to keep Christine away from the edge. I see Erik as a perfectionist so his constant comments on time are very in-character. I'm sure he knows that on some level Christine desires him, as her behavior (and the scandalous dress!) is proving, but it must be exceedingly difficult for him to believe in his deepest heart of hearts that she really does not mind his face. Christine wanting to cook for him is nice, too... ooh, to the Opera!
shadowphantomnes chapter 15 . 9/30/2012
Being drunk does not excuse such behavior, Raoul! Tsk tsk!