Reviews for Raging Fires
Speaking of gifts, didn't Erik say he had a present for her on Christmas? "In a box with a bow"? I've read this before, but it was back in '12 shortly before you posted chapter 76, and I don't remember this gift coming about later. *brow puzzles, lips purse*
woodland59 chapter 76 . 10/28/2014
I love this! Please update!
HellaPhantom chapter 14 . 7/13/2014
Wow REALLY not a Raoul fan huh... I can't say I'm a fan of this particular characterization of him, but hey, it's an E/C fic so I guess I can't complain much.
HellaPhantom chapter 10 . 7/13/2014
Pros: This story is so adorable fdajfdajfdkslajfdkal;jfdkl;sajfdlk;sa
Cons: anachronistic vocabulary sometimes

/BUT IT'S SO CUTE AAAAAHHHH
HellaPhantom chapter 8 . 7/13/2014
*Chagny
WolfShadow1 chapter 76 . 5/30/2014
I have enjoyed reading your story up until now...is it going to continue?! That would be awesome!
Mirrors2014 chapter 76 . 5/12/2014
Ummm... I'm assuming that this is the end? I hope not! Please continue if it isn't!
Mirrors2014 chapter 45 . 5/6/2014
I am going to tell you the truth. I nearly died laughing in this chapter! Erik has a lot to learn... Doesn't he? Lol! Poor Christine.
dksaga chapter 21 . 3/19/2014
Read this last year in a crazed rush. Rereading it now much more slowly and savoring it.

I love your Erik. Some of your moments in his head are my very favorites in all of fanfictiondom. With that "fuck you, she's mine now" thrown up at the god looking down at him, you won. All of it.

Looking forward to working my way through this, just remembering how it's angst heaven, and the romantic bits are heartbreakingly lovely, and the angsty bits are heartbreakingly heartbreaking, and the sexy bits are utterly scorching.

Wishing I could find more stories from you. Not to mention hoping you'll update this story someday ...
bwayphantomrose chapter 76 . 11/19/2013
So hopeful that this is not the end of the story and that you have more to follow up and continue upon - I am not one to rush author's to update if they are not ready to submit the next chapter; that being said, I do hope that it is soon, simply since I enjoy this story so much!
Phantomphan1 chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Oh oh oh... Will you ever update this? Perhaps you could write us a little note in your profile to let us know whether to wait or give up. This story is so intense and marvellous and deserves an ending.
dksaga chapter 76 . 8/15/2013
So after a marathon of a few days of starting this story and finishing this, I think it is still incomplete? But it's time to weigh in.

Your story is wonderfully emotional and angsty and romantic as all get-out, all my favorite things for stories to be, but it would've benefited from some solid beta'ing. Aside from particular minor grammatical issues you've got (then/than, who's/whose, and object pronoun misuse are the biggies, along with stray spelling errors), your dialogue is confusing at times because you put the follow-up thought on the same line as the dialogue itself. Some chapters don't have this issue, so perhaps you did have different betas dealing with it, and some betas are definitely better than others. But when it does occur it can be distracting and make it hard to follow who has said what.

I hope this story isn't being abandoned, because it really is so all-encompassing and achingly written, and I'd love to see where you were taking them. It was a wild ride, and feeling Christine's growing maturity and strength and confidence has been lovely, and feeling Erik's corresponding loss of control and strength and confidence has been heartbreaking.

Hoping things are going smoothly IRL for you and that you update someday soon ...
123 chapter 45 . 5/14/2013
I'm about half way through reading this fic and I adore it! I notice you haven't updated in a while, I hope this is not abandoned?! It is really terrific and you are a good writer - not many fics hold my attention 45 chapters in, and yet with yours I'm glad I've still got almost the same amount to go!
Best wishes
123
Bergamotte chapter 76 . 3/24/2013
craftydevil, it has been a while since other people reviewed Raging Fires, so I'll jump in and give you my thoughts. I love your story and I really hope you won't abandon it! Obviously many people hope that. More than one-quarter of your reviewers have marked the story as a favorite, and there are almost as many follows as faves.

The biggest conflict in Raging Fires seems to be within Erik's mind. He now has everything he ever wanted; he just can't forgive himself and can't let go of his self-hatred, let alone love himself. During his formative years, all the atrocities he committed were "do or die". He was not to blame. But he doesn't see that and can't abandon his feelings of guilt. In recent years, he sometimes allowed a darker part of himself to take over and do things that were completely beyond his control. He doesn't see that either. This man doesn't cut himself ANY slack . . . despite having had a childhood that no one should have to endure, having been treated brutally by society throughout his entire life.

Erik prefers not to speak about his problems with other people. Yet, if he could, he might be able to work past them. I don't know whose counsel he would most benefit from, Nadir, Christine, Cameron or even a person who isn't in the script yet. But he needs to open up to someone.

Erik has spent enough time spinning his wheels. He needs to move ahead, forgive himself and put his ghosts to rest.

How about it, O craftydevil? Can we have more chapters and happier ones soon? Many thanks.
Bergamotte chapter 6 . 3/21/2013
craftydevil, I absolutely love your writing style. Just thought I'd pop in and say that before I've read too many of these delightful chapters. Your writing is elegant.