Reviews for Musings On A Satellite
generalsleepy chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
This is a lovely story. It was really nice to see some focus on Cambot, and the way that you write him is just painfully adorable. The parts about Mike thinking about being a father broke my heart, but then you have sweet and funny parts to balance it out. All around, it's a great character sketch.
BandGeek727 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
How does this not have more reviews?!

When my love for MST3K was reunited I inevitably went looking for prose fic about it, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to find what I was looking for; a serious look at the characters and events of the show without being too overbearing, keeping the charm of the series' humor but still sincere.

This was the first story I found and it fit the bill PERFECTLY.

I loved the flashbacks. The last one probably hit hardest with its irony. And boy, do you ever have some obscure references in these stories! It wasn't til I did some digging that your perfect use of the word 'hapless' had even more meaning.

The flashback with Gypsy was my favorite. So in-character and so sweet. And so well-worded! "A layer of intelligence hidden somewhere, as if it was off with better things to do." Wonderful way of wording that. And it took me a couple reads to realize Gypsy checking the ship's controls stemmed from concern for Mike.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this. It's just all-around wonderful. :)
FTWinterstorm chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
That was wonderfully written. The Cambot flashback was absolutely perfect. I never thought I'd squee at a fic about a guy and a camera-robot. Bravo.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 6/4/2009