Reviews for The Dark Side of Innocence
NightingaleRocket chapter 1 . 7/13
I saw her death coming but... omg you hit me hard.
This never stops being a good fic. This is one of the first Rocketshipping fics I ever read and I think it ruined me for liking a lot of other fanfiction. This is just such an amazingly heart wrenching story and everything is spot on. Well done. I have reread this at least 7 times, starting all the way back in 2016.
aviciousunicycle chapter 14 . 2/1
This fic never stops being worth rereading.
aviciousunicycle chapter 13 . 2/1
The contrast of the Mondo and Meowth scenes to the Jessie and James scenes is beautiful.
aviciousunicycle chapter 12 . 2/1
The Butch and Cassidy dialogue was spot on.
aviciousunicycle chapter 11 . 2/1
Mondo... This chapter is a rollercoaster of emotion
aviciousunicycle chapter 10 . 2/1
Gaaaaaahhhhh! Mondo! My heart hurts!
aviciousunicycle chapter 9 . 2/1
Ahhhhhhh! Mondo is a precious little bean and all of the trauma he's going through is killing me...but it makes for great drama.
aviciousunicycle chapter 8 . 2/1
Even when I know it's coming, Lana's death still hits me like a right hook to the jaw.
aviciousunicycle chapter 7 . 2/1
This chapter is fantastic. Who wouldn't be emotionally drained after going through what they've been through?
aviciousunicycle chapter 6 . 1/31
Ash, Brock, and Misty were so in character that I could actually hear their voices saying the lines. Angry Jessie was also very well-written.
aviciousunicycle chapter 5 . 1/31
I love the characterization of the other Rockets sitting around and gossiping. I live for the tender scenes between Jessie and James, though. They are beautiful.
aviciousunicycle chapter 4 . 1/31
Augh! You write emotion so we'll. The pacing and the descriptions and it's all just perfect. I feel like they feel.
aviciousunicycle chapter 3 . 1/31
This chapter is so great. I mean, for one thing the bathing scene is just... It's iconic. Like, I saw fanart of that scene and immediately know what was being referenced. This is all such a nice little emotional pitstop so I can catch my breath before continuing.
aviciousunicycle chapter 2 . 1/31
The emotions in this fix are fantastic. This is like something professionally written. I mean, really, I would even recommend it to friends of mine who weren't fic readers or in the Pokémon fandom.
aviciousunicycle chapter 1 . 1/31
I'm rereading this fic for maybe the third time and I'm going to try to comment this time because I love getting comments.
I'd tell you how much I love this fic, but the fact that this is my third readthrough says that better than words could.