Reviews for The Ten That Were Taken
at-nightfall chapter 5 . 8/18/2014
The three German spells should be:
(1) "Finde mein Kind" (find my child)
(2) "Ich bin der Vormund!" (I am the guardian!)
Erziehungsberechtigter is a modern word. (And is a constructed word.)
(3) "Zeig mir das Kind!" (Show me the child)
But a German would say:
"Zeig mir mein Kind!" (Show me my child!)
Using a "Sie" would often be done in modern German between humans.
But in stories and fairy tales commands are nearly always done in the simpler "Du" form.
wmadavis chapter 9 . 5/17/2014
I've just read these two stories and they are quite extraordinary. I've never seen a story that showed a young Harry trying to determine who to trust while deprived of an reliable guardian and while being subject to manipulation from several sides. It's a pity this story has been abandoned. It's really quite unique. Perhaps you could come back to it long enough to have Potter and his friends kill off Dumbledore and Snape. That would give these stories some satisfactory closure.
sena chapter 9 . 3/8/2014
please please... if you have really abandoned it could you please mark it as abandoned in the summary?

I would normally not ask for this - there are so many abandoned ones - but this one is absolutely fantastic. I am a totally confirmed HHr fan, and Millicent Bustrode is as far from Hermione as I can imagine - both in canon and fanon.

Yet your background work in the first few chapters of the previous story has been so awesome, so thought provoking, that I willingly, happily, continued reading it.

I am actually writing this review when I am still in the 8th chapter of book 1, because I couldn't wait to see if there was a sequel and how far it had gone.
nintschibintschi chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
amazing story thanks for writing a sequel
nintschi
not at home chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
it is a great shame that this is a lost fan-fiction doom not to be finish it both parts are very good
Philosophize chapter 9 . 2/10/2014
Please don't abandon this story...
Queenxvissy chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
I love this story so much. I just wish you'd go easier on poor Harry. And the exorcism power is interesting. I've never thought of anything like that before. I hope you will update soon or at least tell us the story is abandoned. This hope is killing me! You're a great writer, keep up the good work!
scifianime chapter 9 . 10/17/2013
Loved your Roaring Snake story and looked forward to its sequels but note that The Ten That Were Taken has not been updated since 2011.

Please continue as your plotting, characterisation, logic and writing leave me wanting more!
carick of hunter moon chapter 9 . 5/15/2013
The both parts of this story are very good, they are well thought out with an intelligent plot and character that the read can engage with both to like and to hate, the writer display great skill in crafting this story and it is a great shame that it has not been update in the last 2 year as it is one of the best example of this type of Harry potter fan-fiction I have had the pleasure to read and is well worth finishing
reader713 chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
Is Sirius not a possibility as guardian?
Why hasn't anyone looked at James/Lily's will(s)?
Trousseaux chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
great
Scabbers1957 chapter 9 . 1/29/2013
Both the original story and this sequel are bloody amazing...the detail and fluid story telling is awesome. I see it has been a few years since last update (R/L is a major headache for authors) I hope that you will update this gem as soon as you are able.
I'll place this gem into my story favorites vault (designed to withstand a Zombie apocalypse) and add it to my story alerts.

:))
BetaPAWDkitsune chapter 9 . 8/30/2012
I really like this fic :) I hope you update soon :)
Dolphelecat chapter 9 . 8/4/2012
This story is really clever! Harry is smart, but he isn't perfect. And while Dumbledore is manipulative and in the wrong, he isn't just stupidly throwing his weight around and having a tantrum every time things don't go his way. He's actually intelligent in his manipulations! I'm not at all comfortable with Lily Potter, but we'll just have to wait and see. Please continue this story soon!
Ibskib chapter 6 . 7/9/2012
"his old dorms in the Gryffindor tower" The author is forgetting that Harry is a Hufflepuff not a Gryffindor in this story