Reviews for The Ten That Were Taken
Pause143 chapter 9 . 7/31
I absolutely love your story. Are there going to be any more chapters?
same guest again chapter 9 . 6/13
By the way I just read the review below my last comment. I know how that person feels about your Snape and Dumbledore but I'd much rather see Harry win by pitting the dark camp and light camp against each other- using his brains rather than dumb luck for a refreshing change from canon. He could take pages out of Narcissa's and Dumbledore's books but manipulate truly for the good of all rather than strictly for his own self-interests. Anyway, until you write more that is how it is going to end in my head!
Can't imagine how much it would suck for Neville if Augusta had adopted Harry. She seemed to have little enough patience for raising one child. Would poor awkward Neville have ever grown into his own man or would he forever live in Harry's rather large shadow with Augusta constantly and unfavorably comparing him to his adopted brother? I hope Neville would persevere and somehow manage, but it would be one more hardship for him, as well as a guardian deep in Dumbledore's pocket for Harry. It might make for an interesting brothers story but I was still over the moon when Dumbledore cut his losses and withdrew Augusta. I thoroughly enjoyed reading part one and part two and hope you will decide to write more some day. Even unfinished it was a real gem.
awo chapter 7 . 6/12
Agree with you about Bones. I think some readers have a higher opinion because Harry always seemed impressed by her. JK's Harry wasn't the sharpest pin in a lot of ways. His perceptions are highly subjective and suspect to me at least as they are too often at odds with other canon evidence. By the way, it is really refreshing to see characters function as clever thinking people as opposed to just getting told over and over how clever they are supposed to be. You have done a far better job of illustrating political maneuvering and problem solving than JK ever did.
at-nightfall chapter 5 . 8/18/2014
The three German spells should be:
(1) "Finde mein Kind" (find my child)
(2) "Ich bin der Vormund!" (I am the guardian!)
Erziehungsberechtigter is a modern word. (And is a constructed word.)
(3) "Zeig mir das Kind!" (Show me the child)
But a German would say:
"Zeig mir mein Kind!" (Show me my child!)
Using a "Sie" would often be done in modern German between humans.
But in stories and fairy tales commands are nearly always done in the simpler "Du" form.
wmadavis chapter 9 . 5/17/2014
I've just read these two stories and they are quite extraordinary. I've never seen a story that showed a young Harry trying to determine who to trust while deprived of an reliable guardian and while being subject to manipulation from several sides. It's a pity this story has been abandoned. It's really quite unique. Perhaps you could come back to it long enough to have Potter and his friends kill off Dumbledore and Snape. That would give these stories some satisfactory closure.
sena chapter 9 . 3/8/2014
please please... if you have really abandoned it could you please mark it as abandoned in the summary?

I would normally not ask for this - there are so many abandoned ones - but this one is absolutely fantastic. I am a totally confirmed HHr fan, and Millicent Bustrode is as far from Hermione as I can imagine - both in canon and fanon.

Yet your background work in the first few chapters of the previous story has been so awesome, so thought provoking, that I willingly, happily, continued reading it.

I am actually writing this review when I am still in the 8th chapter of book 1, because I couldn't wait to see if there was a sequel and how far it had gone.
nintschibintschi chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
amazing story thanks for writing a sequel
not at home chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
it is a great shame that this is a lost fan-fiction doom not to be finish it both parts are very good
Philosophize chapter 9 . 2/10/2014
Please don't abandon this story...
Queenxvissy chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
I love this story so much. I just wish you'd go easier on poor Harry. And the exorcism power is interesting. I've never thought of anything like that before. I hope you will update soon or at least tell us the story is abandoned. This hope is killing me! You're a great writer, keep up the good work!
scifianime chapter 9 . 10/17/2013
Loved your Roaring Snake story and looked forward to its sequels but note that The Ten That Were Taken has not been updated since 2011.

Please continue as your plotting, characterisation, logic and writing leave me wanting more!
carick of hunter moon chapter 9 . 5/15/2013
The both parts of this story are very good, they are well thought out with an intelligent plot and character that the read can engage with both to like and to hate, the writer display great skill in crafting this story and it is a great shame that it has not been update in the last 2 year as it is one of the best example of this type of Harry potter fan-fiction I have had the pleasure to read and is well worth finishing
reader713 chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
Is Sirius not a possibility as guardian?
Why hasn't anyone looked at James/Lily's will(s)?
Trousseaux chapter 9 . 2/27/2013