Reviews for Proof of Heaven
Lovinett chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
gah! i'm really anxious to see where this goes! i lovett so far! omh. i really like the plot, and i'm not sure about lucy yet. lol. please update soon! :D
SwanofMischief chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
WE! A HIT OF PAMENA! I GOT MY FIX! YAY! This is gonna be awesome, I can tell. ~T.D.D.
linalove chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This is so good!Please write more!XD
User Not Valid chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I hope he dosen't get all sweet-natured again. Sweeney is WAY cooler than stupid Benjamin Buttface XD Update soon!
seriouscaseofthegayface chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Hello! Remember me? Long time, no review, huh? Sorry about that, I did read The Shadow Proves the Sunshine and I absolutely adored it, but I've been so stressed lately I haven't had time to write a big long review :S! Sorry 'bout that. But yes, I really enjoyed TSPTS (is that the abbreviation? I suck at accronyms!), and judging by the first chapter of the story, I know I'm going to love this too!

I knew by reading the summary that this was my kind of fic! One of those 'what if's that keep me up at night, plus it's a Sweenett (right? RIGHT?)

Anyway, I loved this chapter! Nellie was, as always, her wonderful hilarious self. Lucy was a bit...odd, though I suppose she's a bit shaken up about the whole husband-gets-deported-and-then-shows-up-15-years-later-all-different-and-moody thing. I also ADORE the way you characterise Johanna! She's just so innocent and carefree, and I already love her (considerably more than I do in the movie/musical!)

Funny story, I was reading the chapter and I started thinking 'Okay, we get that Sweeney just came back and all, but everyone's crying a bit TOO much!' and then you come out with this line: "if Eleanor has to see one more person cry she thinks she might scream" which was oddly appropriate, seeing as my name is also Eleanor xD!

Well, the review box thingy seems to be malfuntioning, so I'll sign off here. Can't wait for the next chapter!

-Ellie :D

P.S. What's this about Mrs Lovett boots? I'm unbelievably jealous!
eppie chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Sweenett, huh? Wow...I'm excited to see how that transpires.

Great first chapter. As always, love your characterization of...well, everyone.
xDoubleIndemnity chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
AWW, 'Auntie Nell'! I'm loving the relationship between Johanna and Nellie already. Lucy is her mother but Nellie seems to be the person that Johanna would confide in for things. And i love the whole scene with the passing the gin back and forth and Oblvious!Lucy. “Would you like for me to tell them we’re closing early?” “Course not,” Nellie frowns, turning to her. “That would be rude.” - LOL, i agree with both Nellie and Johanna. Gossiping is rude too but only if the people know it. And i love how Lucy just knows things (mind you, i still hate her) like Nellie's cursing. But i love Nellie's reaction, and Jo's as well. "A knock on the door after sundown is rarely ever a good sign - it either means they’re about to be annoyed by a bothersome tax collector or murdered. " - I LOLed at that. I love the description of the reunion, and this: “What are they talking about, though?” “The weather.” LMAO. I like it when Nellie deadpans, in all of your stories. Sorry for all the quoting, but i just can't pick my favorite! There are too many great lines! Update soon, love!
Ms. Rosemary Mees chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
"Her mind can only focus on one thing, one thought that leaves her light-headed and trembling.

He’s home. He’s home. Benjamin Barker is home at last."

I am intrigued to say the least. I was surprised to find out that you've put up a new story so closely following SPS. I am jealous of your abilities. Anyway, the story is (as always) a wonder.

I can't wait to see where is goes.
Todd666 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
This is awsome so far! Update soon, pet!
Tristia chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Love it. Yay, I'm so glad you're writing another Sweeney fic; I was so gutted that the Shadow Proves the Sunshine ended - that was one of the best fics I have read on this site, and this new one looks to be just as good. Can't wait to read more,

Lili x
DojoGhost chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Wow. WowwowwowwowwowwowWOW. I'm already on pins and needles in anticipation of what you're going to do with this storyline. And it's a Sweenett? HOW are you going to pull that off? Without making Sweeney an absolute slimy cad, that is. Because I just can't see him cheating on Lucy. Not when she's still all normal like he remembers, and he's still in love with her, and all that...Anyway, I ADORE the relationship between Nellie and Johanna! And Lucy somehow able to know (mother's ears!) whether Nellie is using questionable language, or slipping Johanna some gin. "Auntie Nell", classic! So fitting, since Nellie really is like the "favorite aunt" with whom Johanna can share all kinds of secrets and get into all kinds of potentially trouble-causing scrapes...I can just see her going to Nellie for some girl talk when she might not be comfy approaching her mum...I'm seriously in love with this story already :D :D :D
mischieflover chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
YAY! you're back! i'm so happy! this is all very exciting ;)

i love the story idea, and most i definitely can't wait to see what you do with it, being so talented and awesome.

more more more!

~ml
ff345 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Woohoo new story! I was so excited to see a new Sweeney fic from you in my inbox lol XD

Well I *love* this first chapter! It's a very ineresting and very original idea and I'm so intregued to see how it's going to play out - especially as you've said it will be Sweenett. Even though Lucy and Johanna are here Sweeney still told Mrs. Lovett he isn't Benjamin Barker anymore, and I like how you've described the changes she's noticing in him. I'm guessing that once Lucy finds out how much prison has changed him she's going to realise the man who's returned to her isn't the same man she married, while Mrs. Lovett will find this darker side of him even more suited to her. Ooh I wonder if he's still going to want his revenge on the judge for sending him away, and if so I suspect this won't be something Lucy will understand or support.

I really loved this part: "They’re quite the odd sight, Mr. and Mrs. Barker - like a living contrast between the glow of morning and the dark of night. Two things that are never associated with one another, and actually seeing them together, like the look of the morning sky before the moon has disappeared, is enough to momentarily render the watcher breathless." That's such a beautiful way to describe them and put as such I can really picture the image of the two of them together, dark and light like that and see how they just don't seem to fit.

I have a feeling I'm going to be rather fond of Johanna in this story too, I'm already liking the personality you've given her and the relationship between her and Mrs. Lovett - "Auntie Nell" Aww hehe XD Lmao at her giving Johanna gin behind Lucy's back!

Eek I'm excited for this story, this first chapter has certainly built up a lot of anticipation and I can't wait to read how everything's going to play out. Wonderful job sweetie! XD
SweeneyToddRocksMySocks chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Wow. I really like this story. I usually don't like Sweeney/Lucy fanfics but for some stange inexplicable reason, I like this one. Mrs. Lovett is so lovable. I adore her relationship with Johanna. It's so sweet!
Scarlett Masquerade chapter 1 . 4/15/2009