Reviews for Proof of Heaven
TrixieFirecracker chapter 2 . 4/22/2009
What a wonderful chapter! Personally, I didn't mind the kiss because it shows us how much darker and wilder Benjamin has become and how he suited at all for Lucy anymore.

I loved your phrasing of Mrs. Lovett's reaction to Sweeney Todd's name. I can't wait for Sweeney and Nellie to be alone together.

I have no fears that this will end up a Sweenett and I'm enjoying the ride you're taking us on.
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
OH GEEZ I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to review! My only excuse is school- and that I helped my sister to write a paper about Willy Wonka xD haha she loves him.

ANYWAY. OMIGOSH. I'm so happy you've started a new story-AND WHAT A STORY IT WILL BE. I'm kind of... shocked. Lucy is there, alive and not insane. Johanna is there, on Fleet street. Sweeney is there in all his gloomy glory. Nellie's there, in love with him. And it's going to be Sweenett. O_O ! ! ! ! ! O_O ! ! ! ! ! OH TIM BURTON'S HOLY STRIPY SOCK! ! ! ! O_O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I'm totally awestruck. How can it be Sweenett without Sweeney being a wife-cheating asshole? Because, as much as I dislike Lucy, I'd hate to see him cheating her, even with Nellie... Please update soon, these MAJOR twists are making me extremely curious!

...

And I certainly hope that Sweeney isn't "doing anything" with Lucy upstairs, because that'd break my heart for Nellie and make me feel very sick. I can't help it! The ever-so-dominating imaginary Sweenett cells in my brain are rejecting or killing all Swucy ones... LOL. And this, dear children, is what happens when you try to do your biology homework while typing a review.

I'm not making any sense! 8D Whee-he-he-hee
roberre chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
So, from the get-go, I am in love with this story. And I mean LITERALLY from the get go. The first word had my attention immediately. And the following words only served to capture that attention in an iron grasp. So, there you have it, I am hooked. A loyal follower to the bitter end! Although, I'm hoping that ends of any kind are very far off.

I adore your characterizations of everyone, especially Nellie and Johanna. The way you write their interaction just makes me so happy. Nellie is strong-willed, incorrigible, witty, and spunky, and absolutely perfect. She's so hilarious, and yet you write her with such depth that I'm astonished. I can hardly imagine another Nellie besides yours, let alone one that would be better. And Johanna is fantastically fleshed out, especially for someone we hardly see in the movie. The exchanges between them are hilarious and enlightening, and... yeah. (-lame ending)

I love the never-leaving customers. I've had a few people like that at the pizza place before, and all I wanted to do was swat at them with a towel and yell "SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. LEAVE." xD So her frustration is perfectly justified. In my opinion. haha. I love the fact that they have crazy children, too. xD

And it's great how Lucy has a foul language radar. LOL. It's totally a mom thing, for sure. And it's great that you could add Nellie's irritation with knitting into the story. Because... I don't know. I love it. For whatever reason, it's one of those things that really solidifies her character traits and personality into my mind. If that makes sense at all.

And LOL LOL "“And because you can’t seem to complete knitting anything - whether it be a pair of socks or a scarf.”" Socks. -happy sigh- I can't believe I missed that the first time around. I'm such a laser. Haha.

Nellie threatening the beadle is love, and the whole 'either tax or murder' kind of thing was sheer genius. ALSO sheer genius, is the return of Barker/appearance of Todd, and how Nellie can't even pour booze because she's so fixated on watching. And the line about Todd and Lucy, how they're so different and yet still something beautiful, if not haunting, is amazing. AND... the whole thing. Poor Nellie when Lucy brings Todd upstairs, and 100 LOLs and a -rlofl- to Todd and Lucy's conversation about "the weather". xD Good times, for sure.

And I honest to goodness burst into laughter every time I think of Nellie exploding into hairpins. Seriously. Why can you write something so hilarious in the middle of an emotionally intense scene and still pull it off beautifully? Just wondering.

Anyways, this was spectacular, and I am SO PUMPED about what's to come. I can't wait. -bouncing- 8D

Just wanted to let you know that fanfic cut off my last review about half way, and that there was lots more squeeing and a refresher course/summary of why I love you so much at the end. xD
Lovinett chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
gah! i'm really anxious to see where this goes! i lovett so far! omh. i really like the plot, and i'm not sure about lucy yet. lol. please update soon! :D
SwanofMischief chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
WE! A HIT OF PAMENA! I GOT MY FIX! YAY! This is gonna be awesome, I can tell. ~T.D.D.
linalove chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This is so good!Please write more!XD
User Not Valid chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I hope he dosen't get all sweet-natured again. Sweeney is WAY cooler than stupid Benjamin Buttface XD Update soon!
seriouscaseofthegayface chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Hello! Remember me? Long time, no review, huh? Sorry about that, I did read The Shadow Proves the Sunshine and I absolutely adored it, but I've been so stressed lately I haven't had time to write a big long review :S! Sorry 'bout that. But yes, I really enjoyed TSPTS (is that the abbreviation? I suck at accronyms!), and judging by the first chapter of the story, I know I'm going to love this too!

I knew by reading the summary that this was my kind of fic! One of those 'what if's that keep me up at night, plus it's a Sweenett (right? RIGHT?)

Anyway, I loved this chapter! Nellie was, as always, her wonderful hilarious self. Lucy was a bit...odd, though I suppose she's a bit shaken up about the whole husband-gets-deported-and-then-shows-up-15-years-later-all-different-and-moody thing. I also ADORE the way you characterise Johanna! She's just so innocent and carefree, and I already love her (considerably more than I do in the movie/musical!)

Funny story, I was reading the chapter and I started thinking 'Okay, we get that Sweeney just came back and all, but everyone's crying a bit TOO much!' and then you come out with this line: "if Eleanor has to see one more person cry she thinks she might scream" which was oddly appropriate, seeing as my name is also Eleanor xD!

Well, the review box thingy seems to be malfuntioning, so I'll sign off here. Can't wait for the next chapter!

-Ellie :D

P.S. What's this about Mrs Lovett boots? I'm unbelievably jealous!
eppie chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Sweenett, huh? Wow...I'm excited to see how that transpires.

Great first chapter. As always, love your characterization of...well, everyone.
xDoubleIndemnity chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
AWW, 'Auntie Nell'! I'm loving the relationship between Johanna and Nellie already. Lucy is her mother but Nellie seems to be the person that Johanna would confide in for things. And i love the whole scene with the passing the gin back and forth and Oblvious!Lucy. “Would you like for me to tell them we’re closing early?” “Course not,” Nellie frowns, turning to her. “That would be rude.” - LOL, i agree with both Nellie and Johanna. Gossiping is rude too but only if the people know it. And i love how Lucy just knows things (mind you, i still hate her) like Nellie's cursing. But i love Nellie's reaction, and Jo's as well. "A knock on the door after sundown is rarely ever a good sign - it either means they’re about to be annoyed by a bothersome tax collector or murdered. " - I LOLed at that. I love the description of the reunion, and this: “What are they talking about, though?” “The weather.” LMAO. I like it when Nellie deadpans, in all of your stories. Sorry for all the quoting, but i just can't pick my favorite! There are too many great lines! Update soon, love!
Ms. Rosemary Mees chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
"Her mind can only focus on one thing, one thought that leaves her light-headed and trembling.

He’s home. He’s home. Benjamin Barker is home at last."

I am intrigued to say the least. I was surprised to find out that you've put up a new story so closely following SPS. I am jealous of your abilities. Anyway, the story is (as always) a wonder.

I can't wait to see where is goes.
Todd666 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
This is awsome so far! Update soon, pet!
Tristia chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Love it. Yay, I'm so glad you're writing another Sweeney fic; I was so gutted that the Shadow Proves the Sunshine ended - that was one of the best fics I have read on this site, and this new one looks to be just as good. Can't wait to read more,

Lili x
DojoGhost chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Wow. WowwowwowwowwowwowWOW. I'm already on pins and needles in anticipation of what you're going to do with this storyline. And it's a Sweenett? HOW are you going to pull that off? Without making Sweeney an absolute slimy cad, that is. Because I just can't see him cheating on Lucy. Not when she's still all normal like he remembers, and he's still in love with her, and all that...Anyway, I ADORE the relationship between Nellie and Johanna! And Lucy somehow able to know (mother's ears!) whether Nellie is using questionable language, or slipping Johanna some gin. "Auntie Nell", classic! So fitting, since Nellie really is like the "favorite aunt" with whom Johanna can share all kinds of secrets and get into all kinds of potentially trouble-causing scrapes...I can just see her going to Nellie for some girl talk when she might not be comfy approaching her mum...I'm seriously in love with this story already :D :D :D
mischieflover chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
YAY! you're back! i'm so happy! this is all very exciting ;)

i love the story idea, and most i definitely can't wait to see what you do with it, being so talented and awesome.

more more more!