Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
Guest chapter 26 . 11/12/2017
I know the last one was posted upon me finishing the fic, but I'd like to say amazing job, and one other interesting moment in this chapter caught my eye.
You surprised me. I'd considered Itsuki's little theory before. Very often, in fact, to the point where I'd actually internally developed stories around that theory that had nothing to do with Haruhi. I don't see people considering that possibility very often, so I was happy to see someone finally "get it." Guess my "unified theory of fanfic and canon timelines" I thought up a couple years back wasn't such a new idea after all.
I'll bet you never expect to see more reviews in your inbox over something so old and so trivial now, especially for a franchise that is so... less than appreciated these days.
Perhaps one day, we will finally get that Season 3. But in the meantime, hope you're doing well in whatever endeavor you've managed to get yourself to. You did a great job here, so I know you can do a great job in whatever it is you're doing.
And never forget - if you notice something that doesn't exist, make it yourself.
Guest chapter 33 . 11/12/2017
It took me until this chapter to realize.
"Naru" means "become."
Not sure if "Oroki" has any particular intentional meaning but I'm amused by at least that first bit, given Haruhi's position.
If you mentioned this at any point, it's here that I confess to skipping most of the author's notes. Surprisingly well-chosen names...
And a pretty satisfying way to add a chapter to this story.
Well played.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/10/2017
As soon as I noticed the turtle I knew I had to say something.
I haven't read past the turtle. But that is most definitely a powerful symbol in the story of Haruhi's world...
After all, they wouldn't have time travelers without turtles.
Guest chapter 29 . 9/24/2017
Gotta say I'm a bit peeved
I'll start out by saying this story is good and I will finish BUT the fact you keep having things happen and then memories lost, confessions being stopped, etc has officially pissed me off. It's nothing but a sneaky plow to keep people reading and it's absolute bullshit. I hope you understand I think your writing is better than that and I hope it never happens again
YowatUp chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
This review will likely go unnoticed by you but I have to say I loved the story from begining to end and I found it to be an Emotional rollercoaster. This is by far one of the best fics in the site and I can hardly think of drawbacks to it. I haven't read any more of your work, but this is great.
I really hope you continue writing, you clearly have a lot of skill, and look foward to reading more from you.
Muppetlord chapter 31 . 5/14/2017

What now? This is like, end game when it comes to HxK fanfics isn't it?
And now I've finished it. Oh boy here comes the post series depression...

But to actually voice my opinion on things. [Spoilers ahead]

This was pretty great. Before this I had only ever read fanfics that were a maximum of 70k so when I started this I didn't think I would have the energy to finish this. Boy was I wrong.
First of all. I've never finished a book in my entire life. Not once. (I'm 21.)

But with this story, I actually lied in bed from 10 pm to 9am last night because I couldn't stop reading. Incredible.

The beginning was so good. Probably the best part in my opinion. Kyon's initial reactions and just the awesome heartwarming scenes of Haruhi and him on the roof. Yeah the first third really had me reading non stop.

The love between Kyon and Haruhi is pretty obvious from the start. So my problem was that when I was about half way through the story it started to feel a bit slow. Like I was just waiting for the magic moment. It really annoyed me that Kyon had such a sudden mood change about 2/3 in. Before that we were told that he couldn't stop thinking about Haruhi and that he found himself looking at her all the time. This was really sweet but then he gets all emo and forgets about it. I know it had to do with that past event and all, not allowing him to feel for her. To me that was quite a boring plot device. Maybe it's just me. I thought it was pretty sudden and just out of the blue. Pretty much as soon as I read about the dream I could see what was going to happen.

I would much have preferred Kyon just having trouble accepting his own feelings without any past event putting a stop to things. But like I said that might just be me. In the end I was satisfied enough with the romance. (Which was my main reason for reading this.)

Lets talk about Haruhi's parents. I'm impressed. When I read the quick summary I wasn't too fond of the idea but like I said, I really loved the first third of the story. Both of her parents were what you could expect from...well...The parents of Haruhi Suzumiya. Her father was the more interesting of the two but that's not saying much because her mother was also a very good character.

The other SOS members were pretty on point as well. Koizumi, excellent. Really liked the relationship Kyon and him had here. A bit more friendly than most fanfics. Which if find is more true to the anime. Asahina-san was probably least present in the story, and when she were there she didn't say much. True enough to her character I guess. :)
Nagato did pretty much nothing for the first half. Then she did a whole lot of stuff in the second half. Not a big problem but I couldn't help but feel that she was kind of a "deus ex machina" in the end. Especially after Kyon's concussion. Which by the way felt totally unnecessary and like a bunch of backtracking. Oh well.

Oh and of course. Have to talk about Haruhi.
Almost fucking flawless. I was so happy to how Haruhi was here. I wont say it was OOC or IC but this is just the way if would have written her (if i ever wrote). She's still bossy and very "Haruhi like" but she's not a total fucking asshole like in Henjin57's Series of HxK fanfics. (Sorry Henjin)

And the way she acts around Kyon is very sweet and subtle. Most of the time. :)

The only thing I felt was slightly out of place was her diary on her computer. I don't know. It didn't feel like something she would do to me but it didn't put me off that much. Still loved the way she was written. 9/10

So much to say, so little time.

Look, I knew I just wrote a whole lot of negatives but really, I loved this. It was worth every minute of the time it took reading it. It's not a perfect story in my opinion. And I obviously have a few gripes but that doesn't stop this from being the best Haruhi x Kyon fanfic I've read.
Van Pat chapter 31 . 4/30/2017
This is the first Haruhi Suzumiya fanfiction I've ever read, and the only regret I have is not finding it sooner! I found out about it yesterday by chance and read through it at lightspeed. There were points I actually forgot it WAS fanfiction from how seamless it flowed. It FELT like the Light Novel, and I loved every minute of it. It was a work of art that made me want to reread Haruhi Suzumiya again, which I think I will do. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this beautiful story.
No punishment chapter 31 . 2/1/2017
Wtf! This was blatant assault from Haruhi's dad! wtf favoritism did you have! Are you an abusive father too, author!? It's either that or you're incompetent when it comes to the law.

Either way it doesn't matter. This story sucks and I glad you weren't able to complete the sequel you piece of turd.
Stupid author chapter 10 . 2/1/2017
This is assault plain and simple. I'm guessing Haruhi's dad gets away with this? Man author it's like you don't know half of how the world works. Your story sucks a lot and I'm glad you weren't able to complete the sequel because it'd be just as terrible.
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 10 . 11/3/2016
Well, Kyon was a fucking idiot here. The first thing he should have done was find out why she didn't tell her parents. Seriously, knowing the reason why she never told them or why her father would be so against it would make it far easier to reason with him or convince him.
Lancelot Du Loc chapter 26 . 9/15/2016
Koizumi just destroyed the 4th wall
Altria Arthur Pendragon chapter 31 . 8/28/2016
Just want to note a fan-theory that Kyon's real name is 清水 京介 (Shimizu Kyousuke, Western order: Kyousuke Shimizu) - based on the "regal-sounding" nature of "Kyousuke" and how Kyon's last name's alphabetic position.

Apparently "Shimizu" can also be pronounced "Kiyomizu." Seems quite familiar... Fitting for a temple that shares his last name to be the place where he finally confesses his love.
DarkMasterStarr chapter 12 . 4/14/2016
Reading this, I got to say - from at least Chapter 12 - I like the story. It's got quite a bit of great moments that I like, and the humor is good, although if anything, it seems more dramatic than humorous at this point. Though, I got to say if your intention was to make Oruki a character you could relate to, I'm not seeing it as of yet. In my opinion, he's trying too hard to be a Tragic Hero - and failing at it. As a father, he's not very good in my opinion because he is selfish, and sounds like he's more worried about having a daughter that is widely successful in "everything she does" - because he was not in the past - than a daughter who wants to live up to her own potential and is happy. In other words, he makes the common mistake a lot parents do: they want to dictate what their kids do in their lives. Oruki also loses empathetic points or sympathetic points (in my own opinion) because he has literally beat the crap out of the main character just because the MC was trying to defend his own daughter. Even if Kyon lied to him, he was only trying to talk to him, and didn't even start the fight. That's just now how appropriate you should be. Not to mention, he still intimidated Kyon to keep doing chores around the house after he assaulted him, AND gave a half-ass apology. His treatment of Haruhi is also something to abhor. He pushed her too hard, just because she changed over time - instead of talking to her, and sitting her down like a father should do to his child, and ultimately pushed her away because of it. Even she lied to you, can you blame her since she felt she couldn't come to you about her issues because you ran away from it? No, I can't relate to him.

So I hate him. I don't hate him on a technical part. I like how flawed he is and he is well-constructed. He's not a two-dimension character. I just don't think a lot of people can relate to him after Chapter 10. Nevertheless, that is besides the point. I enjoy the story so far and I think it's pretty good.

Onto reading!
chaosindeath chapter 13 . 3/12/2016
DD. d. u. w. e d. d. d. d dfde d. d. e. d d. e e. d e. DD. d. e. d. DD f. I. I. tde. d. d d. de. DD. d. I. g d. e d d. f. d. d. DD free d. DDD ff d d. so e. d. w d. d d. df. oe. e d e. f. d. e. d. d. d. d ed e d. d d. D. d. edD. d. d. d. d. d. d d. f d e. g d d. e d d. d. e d. d d d d. Iy. q d d. d d de fd efd fd. I. DDD re. d de. dq d. f d DD d. d. d. f d. e. e d. p d I r. d DP. DD. d. DD. ed. d. rest in f to e fde DD. DD e e. d. f. d d. ed. d d DD d DD. I f e DDD d DD D ed u. fdefdfd DDD d d. d. f deff
KMF-G chapter 31 . 12/31/2015
Not bad, not bad at all.
1,554 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »