Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
No punishment chapter 31 . 2/1
Wtf! This was blatant assault from Haruhi's dad! wtf favoritism did you have! Are you an abusive father too, author!? It's either that or you're incompetent when it comes to the law.

Either way it doesn't matter. This story sucks and I glad you weren't able to complete the sequel you piece of turd.
Stupid author chapter 10 . 2/1
This is assault plain and simple. I'm guessing Haruhi's dad gets away with this? Man author it's like you don't know half of how the world works. Your story sucks a lot and I'm glad you weren't able to complete the sequel because it'd be just as terrible.
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 10 . 11/3/2016
Well, Kyon was a fucking idiot here. The first thing he should have done was find out why she didn't tell her parents. Seriously, knowing the reason why she never told them or why her father would be so against it would make it far easier to reason with him or convince him.
Lancelot Du Loc chapter 26 . 9/15/2016
Koizumi just destroyed the 4th wall
Altria Arthur Pendragon chapter 31 . 8/28/2016
Just want to note a fan-theory that Kyon's real name is 清水 京介 (Shimizu Kyousuke, Western order: Kyousuke Shimizu) - based on the "regal-sounding" nature of "Kyousuke" and how Kyon's last name's alphabetic position.

Apparently "Shimizu" can also be pronounced "Kiyomizu." Seems quite familiar... Fitting for a temple that shares his last name to be the place where he finally confesses his love.
DarkMasterStarr chapter 12 . 4/14/2016
Reading this, I got to say - from at least Chapter 12 - I like the story. It's got quite a bit of great moments that I like, and the humor is good, although if anything, it seems more dramatic than humorous at this point. Though, I got to say if your intention was to make Oruki a character you could relate to, I'm not seeing it as of yet. In my opinion, he's trying too hard to be a Tragic Hero - and failing at it. As a father, he's not very good in my opinion because he is selfish, and sounds like he's more worried about having a daughter that is widely successful in "everything she does" - because he was not in the past - than a daughter who wants to live up to her own potential and is happy. In other words, he makes the common mistake a lot parents do: they want to dictate what their kids do in their lives. Oruki also loses empathetic points or sympathetic points (in my own opinion) because he has literally beat the crap out of the main character just because the MC was trying to defend his own daughter. Even if Kyon lied to him, he was only trying to talk to him, and didn't even start the fight. That's just now how appropriate you should be. Not to mention, he still intimidated Kyon to keep doing chores around the house after he assaulted him, AND gave a half-ass apology. His treatment of Haruhi is also something to abhor. He pushed her too hard, just because she changed over time - instead of talking to her, and sitting her down like a father should do to his child, and ultimately pushed her away because of it. Even she lied to you, can you blame her since she felt she couldn't come to you about her issues because you ran away from it? No, I can't relate to him.

So I hate him. I don't hate him on a technical part. I like how flawed he is and he is well-constructed. He's not a two-dimension character. I just don't think a lot of people can relate to him after Chapter 10. Nevertheless, that is besides the point. I enjoy the story so far and I think it's pretty good.

Onto reading!
chaosindeath chapter 13 . 3/12/2016
DD. d. u. w. e d. d. d. d dfde d. d. e. d d. e e. d e. DD. d. e. d. DD f. I. I. tde. d. d d. de. DD. d. I. g d. e d d. f. d. d. DD free d. DDD ff d d. so e. d. w d. d d. df. oe. e d e. f. d. e. d. d. d. d ed e d. d d. D. d. edD. d. d. d. d. d. d d. f d e. g d d. e d d. d. e d. d d d d. Iy. q d d. d d de fd efd fd. I. DDD re. d de. dq d. f d DD d. d. d. f d. e. e d. p d I r. d DP. DD. d. DD. ed. d. rest in f to e fde DD. DD e e. d. f. d d. ed. d d DD d DD. I f e DDD d DD D ed u. fdefdfd DDD d d. d. f deff
KMF-G chapter 31 . 12/31/2015
Not bad, not bad at all.
KMF-G chapter 28 . 12/31/2015
Crappy fruitcake Kyon is off! Just end him, Haruki!

And my opinion is all mine!
KMF-G chapter 18 . 12/31/2015
Actually it is a pain in the ass to understand where Kyon's thinking and speaking is as you read Haruki answering to him in his smartass thinking in this chapter end.

Overall story sounds more likely to anime format, which is good.
KMF-G chapter 2 . 12/30/2015
Why you good for nothing author! You are making Kyon into some emo shithead! Anyway so far is no good...
flickerz394 chapter 31 . 12/29/2015
This is (currently) my favorite fan fiction of all time. The story actually sounds like a proper Haruhi story; the drama, the psychological themes, the randomness, the supernatural, it's all here!

The author does an excellent job portraying the canon characters while also bringing life to their own. I found myself laughing a lot of the time while reading Kyon's inner dialogue!

As for the story concept, I actually thought it was ridiculous at first. Well, I still do, since the father would have said no even if his wife endlessly begged him. But hey, anything can happen when Haruhi's practically God :P

In conclusion, this is one of the good fan fictions I would recommend to Haruhi fans alike. Yes, the concept would never work in real life, but this isn't real life to begin with! Definitely worth checking out!

8/10
PrinceMittens chapter 15 . 11/22/2015
Oh my God. Wizard of Oz. Scooby Doo. What's next? XD
PrinceMittens chapter 12 . 11/22/2015
Haruhi is a brat. x_x
CookiesOnFridays chapter 22 . 9/7/2015
Kyon isn't just a dense mother ****er, he's a whimp. In my opinion, he deserves the things Oruki said in this chapter.
1,547 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »