Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
Devil Reader chapter 33 . 9/17/2012
Fantastic story, I can't wait to read the sequel. My favorite chapters were from 30 to 33; basically the lovey-dovey confession scenes.
Avery chapter 31 . 9/2/2012
Wow. Thank you for that. Seriously , this story made me so happy ! This is hands down one of, if not the best fanfic I've ever read. I don't know what else to say other than thank you and good work! I just hate the feeling you get after finishing reading a story :( well, I have to be up in... 1 hour... Cheers from Ontario !
Tokkyon chapter 15 . 8/31/2012
Omg that's so weird! I started reading chapter 15, but I was just etching a scooby doo movie this morning (I've loved it since I was a kid :3) and I was trying to match Haruhi characters to them. Coincedenses like this happen so often it's creepy...
Misaka 20.001 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
wawawa it's great fanfic :D
what should i say again?you keep the tension up and down and up again. huaah
and moreimportantly almost all cast is not OOC

congratz, it's my first complete fanfic and i will hunt another complete fanfic, good luck in your another fanfic :3
Harulist chapter 31 . 8/22/2012
I recently had finished watching the Haruhi Anime a few days ago. Just like all animes I finish watching the first thing I did was go look for some fanfiction to see what direction others would take. In any series.

so I made it so that the story with the most reviews was the first one I read (well, yours was actually the third) I was completely blown away at how many chapters it had. I was afraid that when I started reading I would get bored and just stop, I love to read big stories like this but when I start I usually don't finish...

I was so glad that when I started reading yours I was completely proven wrong. I read the words in the characters voices, while I was reading I went "HAH! That sounds like something they'd do!" You did a great job with Kyon's monologue and it felt like I was reading a script for actual episodes. If there was a season 3 of the show I would seriously hope they did it something like this.

Your story was amazing and whenever someone asked me to play a game I usually play, or go out with them or something I was reluctant to say yes. I hope that one day I'll be able to be as good as this. I could tell you put so much work and effort into this story that at the end I was so sad it was over. You did a great job, I can't say that enough XD.
Kacaw chapter 31 . 8/17/2012
Wow, just wow. I really, REALLY, enjoyed this story. Bad things happen when I get hooked, like not sleeping and then not doing my assignment but HEY, it was TOTALLY worth it. Man, honestly, this is the best fanfic I have read in years, if not THE best. I absolutely loved how you portrayed Kyon, reading his narrating was exactly like in the anime, everything was just so well executed. Naru and Oruki were damn well made by the way, props for that. I loved the pacing of the story and...Ok I need to stop writing before it turns into an essay about how awesome this was, and believe me, I could do it, and that is attributed to the story's AWESOMENESS not my essay writing ability. Damn, there I go again, but this is just one of those stories that stays on your mind for DAYS after you've finished reading it. Alas, the fanboygasm must stop here as it is getting past my bedtime, thank you for writing such an epic story and sharing it, really appreciated the read.
Sincerely,
Microtomb.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 13 . 8/11/2012
Oh, you unbelievablly evil you! Though I kinda saw that coming when Haruhi's parents suddenly decided to give up.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
A common mistake when it comes to pepper. While it does create the burning sensation it is a completely chemical one. I usually eat bread and or Phoenix dactylifera (Don't blame me, it is right from Wiki. though it seems they call it "date palm" too) to deal with it. Don't know about milk though (I hate milk anyways).
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 8/9/2012
I just started watching the series, and frankly? It was a fresh taste. Maybe try the books later, but from what I saw in the series you did a convincing job in your story.

Great job.
bbfan77 chapter 33 . 8/7/2012
Ohmygosh! :D This story.. is perfect! :D And so long..! To tell you the truth, I was a bit discouraged at first when I saw that it has over 200 000 words, but reading it was more than worth it I absolutely loved it! :D And I found myself giggling at some points
The Omake was awesome as well :D
Aw man, you got every character just right Their personality and behaviour, it was just like watching a real episode! I could definitely imagine Haruhi's parents the way you described them, everything fits perfectly
(Poor Kyon.. hehe.. what would a fan fiction be without a little whump of the 'main' character :3 )

Ah, anyways.. I noticed some mistakes in grammar and spelling tho.. but I can't remember where, heh.. just a few tho, little over 5 maybe? Still, the story was one of the best fan fictions I've ever read

And I see there's a sequel? :D Wonderful, wonderful news to keep me from doing some actual work.. :)
(I just hope you're still writing and updating, heh.. Sadly, I know that loads of people give up on their writing.. Maybe this isn't the case :) )

anyways, again, the story was brilliant, loved every chapter of it and I hope the sequel will be even better Cheers!
n00dl3gal chapter 27 . 7/23/2012
ZELDA REFERENCES FOR THE WIN!
n00dl3gal chapter 24 . 7/23/2012
If the Tamaru brothers are around, does that mean Vic Mignogna is voicing one of them? VIC IS HERE? YESSSSSSSSSS!
n00dl3gal chapter 11 . 7/23/2012
Kyon dreamed he was in the Wizard of Oz... and he was Toto. God I love that boy...
Aidea chapter 33 . 7/18/2012
Que hermosa historia, ambas, la de Kyon y la de los padres de Haruhi tambien :')
Creo que voy a llorar.
Mark chapter 30 . 7/18/2012
Hey JonBob.

I thought I'd like to give you a full review rather than just saying 'OMG dude, this suucccks!1!' or 'OMFG its teh most awesome thing evar!1!' I would like to break down every point of this work and see what I think. Also, I'll say my criticisms first, followed by my praise before an overall opinion at the end. With that in mind, let's get rolling!

Despite being a minor complaint, it appears that quite a few spelling errors slip through your proof-reading phase. Maybe you should consider getting a 3rd party to check for errors? That way it's easier to spot any spelling mistakes. I could rag on grammatical errors, but since it's from a 1st person perspective I'll let it slide since I know that Kyon isn't the biggest grammar Nazi either.

A more significant issue I have is that, whilst the work focuses heavily on Kyon, Haruhi and her family, there are times when other significant characters receive far less screen-time. Heck, I even think that 3 of the main characters (Itzuki, Mikuru and Yuki) receive less screentime than the other 3 minor characters (Taniguchi, Kunikida, Tsuruya). Maybe there's some kind of revolution in the works?

Despite these complaints, I find that the praise to offer this work is staggering and I'll focus on the big one first. You know how a lot of works on this website are along the lines of 'let's dump character X in this situation and see what happens' or 'what would happen if I was there?' or something similar? These can make for enjoyable reading but I'm always reminded of the fact that its fan-made. However with this...it actually feels like Haruhi Suzumiya. It's hard to explain, but unlike other works I've read, when Kyon monologues I hear Crispin Freeman's sexy voice ringing through my ears. When Haruhi is running around being...well Haruhi, I can hear Wendee Lee's distinctive tone shining through the narrative. Giving something the feel of a show is not easy to do, but you accomplished this feat with flying colours.

I'm also very happy that your two OC's didnt succumb to 'Fan-Fiction syndrome', a terrible ailment to all works with OC's where the character is immensely wealthy, successfully and loved by all, but instead real people with actual flaws. It's almost as if you split Haruhi into two seperate people (which makes sense if you think about it). Not only that, but the way in which the relationships between the OC's and Kyon is explored in depth and, while there are some facepalm-worthy moments, most interaction is coherent and relevant to the narrative.

What I most love is how you have developed Haruhi as a character. I've heard people complain that Haruhi wanting to do normal things, such as shop for clothes and eat at a restaurant are things she would rarely be interested in, and while I'm tempted to agree, I find myself unable to. You see, it's out of character for the Haruhi we know to do these things, but the way in which you have delved into her mind and examined what makes her mind work as led your narrative towards this direction. So in a way, you have developed Haruhi to the point that what was previously out of character is now a consistent part of her personality.

Overall, I have to say that, as one of the first works I've read in full, this is...outstanding. Simply because it feels like it belongs in the storyline and fits in so well. Other than the odd spelling error here and there, the work is essentially faultless.

However, there is one big complaint which I've been saving and it goes thus...while I understand that everyone has their own personal issues in life, waiting EIGHT MONTHS to update the sequel is almost inexcusable. At this stage, I would strongly suggest writing the entire story first, before releasing it to this site chapter by chapter every few weeks. It will be better than leaving fans in the dark.

Sorry for it being so long! And please do not take anything written here at a personal level; everything I say is said professionally.
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »