Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
InfiniteDragon chapter 33 . 9/26/2011
Well, it's not the 'best' story I've ever read (no offense), but it's by far the best Haruhi one, so no surprise that it's both the longest and has the most reviews by quite a bit. :)

Honestly, though, I really only had two issues, one of which was pretty minor, and the other (even both combined) wasn't enough to make me stop reading- and I'm pretty picky about what I read, so... Don't take this too harshly. :)

Mostly, I feel the story would have been better with a beta- there's several spelling/typo or missing word errors scattered throughout (1-2, rarely 3 per chapter), and for me at least, I find even a few of those to be pretty disruptive in a story.

The other part is more of a style issue. I think I know 'why' you never show Kyon actually speaking. It makes sense, given the anime/manga's penchant for the same thing.

However, I also found the story a bit hard to get into, and a few times, less than clear about what was going on- like, how much of his stuff was spoken out loud, and how much was he only thinking? That's the more major of the problems, btw, though still not a huge one. Clearing that up would help (quite a bit) to make the story better, but it's not a huge detriment as-is.

Anyway, still the best Haruhi fic out there (at least on this site) so you must be doing something right. :)
name chapter 11 . 9/25/2011
i hate hate hate the wizard of oz so so very much my family are fanatics and not just my imediate the whole stinkin lot of um i saw the damn cursed movie 1 2 many times
DBNY94 chapter 30 . 9/12/2011
You do realize that Kyon's memory loss after the confession is one of the most over used plot devices in the history of fanfiction
tsuki chapter 15 . 9/11/2011
1st off, i wish to thank you for allowing anyone, login or not, to review! (i'm only here via psp) 2nd, i want to apologize for my late review. (tests, work, friends, too much to do, so little time) i started reading this fic on the 3rd of this month, and i could not, i repeat, COULD NOT! stop reading. it was truly amazing in a lot of ways, both obvious and subtle. if anything was bad, it would be the occasional grammer error, but the story was very great! i'm looking forward to your works! _
S.K. Will chapter 33 . 9/1/2011
That's the best fanfiction I ever read!

Dammit, why the hell do we have only ONE book of HS in France! I think I'm gonna read them in English, after all, if I could read this fic, why not the books?

Anyway, I wanna thank you for writing this fic. You're just awesome!
Unsigned chapter 27 . 8/11/2011
Wait, if she never met Kyon, wouldn't she never have founded the SOS Brigade?
Gxmwp chapter 33 . 8/9/2011
i read this all in 2 days and LOVED IT!
GrippenJ39 chapter 31 . 8/5/2011
Honestly, I was surprised to even get into Haruhi, even more so to finish both seasons. But I never expected there to be such a great story out there continuing the plot. Even if it started before Season 2, this could've came anywhere in the timeline. I wanted to thank you for producing such an... (is there a word to describe this?) story.I happily await the continuation of the second story.
thegamesnurd chapter 31 . 8/5/2011
Let me say: That was spectacular. I'm rather pissed that I came upon this after you finished. But I saw you have a sequel, and I can't wait to read it. As for this, this was marvelous. The story was really, the best one I've read on this site, and there's a reason you have the most reviews on the series. I like the way you interpreted Naru and Oroki, as well as the other original elements, and supernatural stuff you made had an amazing blend of humor, storyline, and of course romance. I noticed several misspellings, or things that struck me as odd, but really, this was great! I can't wait until the sequel is done!
Durandall chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
I've heard so much about this story, and had been putting off reading it for a while but I couldn't finish this chapter. Haruhi's alright when she thinks Kyon's going away, but then descends into the stereotypical tsundere that's so popular in the fandom ... and isn't seen anywhere in the books, outside of subtle hints (and, for the record, she's remarkably dere, not tsun, there). Actually, in fanon, she's really just tsuntsun, the dere is almost never shown. More's the pity...

Unfortunately, Kyon as a buttmonkey/extreme doormat is my absolute least favorite theme in Haruhi fanfiction (right after uber-tsundere no-character-growth Haruhi (which you are skirting very close to, here, IMO)), and watching Haruhi's dad beat up Kyon for no evident reason really just didn't do anything positive for me. Gotta agree with the review on tvtropes, especially if what he says is true about later chapters (actually ... it was that review which finally prompted me to read, wondering, 'Is that true? It can't be! It's such a popular story!'). :\

Your technical skill is a little above average, and your story structure as I could see was ... solid enough, though probably you could have made the first three chapters a bit more concise. Just a difference in ideals, unfortunately; schadenfreude isn't my thing. I think you're okay on Kyon's voice, though some things felt _remarkably_ off, such as Kyon's extreme cognizance of Haruhi's concern for him before he tells her he's moving. That's okay; you can chalk that up to characterization. The voice is pretty close anyway.

Normally I would say that this is where I wish I could be more supportive, but given the number of reviews you've gotten, I'm surprisingly okay with being a harshly critical voice in a sea of compliments (just understand that my intent is to reach you, and not cause harm/deter you from writing; I yell because I care). You know what you want to write, and it obviously does work for a goodly number of people. This is commendable.

I just happen not to be one of them ... but I am extraordinarily picky. I do wish I could enjoy it more. Perhaps the flaw is mine, for not being able to laugh at the pain of others...

Anyway. Good luck in future works, and continue to write with as much confidence as you already have. Just listen to those who you think are most able to correctly advise you, and ignore those who can't help you (like me).
meterion chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I read this soooo long ago, but I remember what a poignant and brilliant story it was, and I just had to add it to my favorites. I love your work!
Reaching out Stars chapter 33 . 7/17/2011
I'm sorry if this is too blunt but...

This is the absolute best Fanfiction I have laid my eyes upon.

I congratulate you for formulating such a great story and OCs.

And I encourage you to write the sequel as fast as possible; I need more Haruhi/Kyon!

Thanks :D

Starseeker358
Reader1123 chapter 26 . 7/7/2011
First, let me get this out: I LOVE YOU...R STORY.

For me, this was golden: "It's even possible that someone is peering a look at us at this very moment, using what he believes to be fictional events for story telling purposes."

Who in there right mind would want to imagine the two of us, sitting in a bathhouse, talking about such nonsense. And if he's actually taking the time to write any of this down, he needs to go outside more. And what if he can see into my thoughts? Get out of my head, dammit!"

I was rolling on the floor, laughing like crazy, I think I made 3 laps around the whole room before I stopped.

Anyways, great story oh, and fix this:

"What? You that parallel universe stuff you were prattling on about?"

I'm looking forward to read your sequel, I reread this story, to keep it fresh in my mind when I get to the second.

ハルちゃんときょん君ラブ!!
saiyan prince1 chapter 31 . 6/26/2011
this is one of my new fav fics. this was an awsome fic. i am glad that i got to read it. thanks again for it all. i wonder if you will ever write more to it. maybe what happens to them in the future. or if they move into their own place
applecake6 chapter 33 . 6/12/2011
That was one of the best (if not the best) fics I've ever read. I know a few people already said that, but it truely was. Everything was perfect. It's no wonder there's so many reviews. It was hard not to laugh at some parts and made me want to cry at others. I'd like to make a decent one with critic and stuff, but I'm bad at that.

And there's a squeal? HELL YES!
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »