Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
Of Naught chapter 25 . 2/8/2011
So it's done: Haruhi confessed to Kyon.

Usually, I criticize clichés like this (I facepalm, looking back at all the clichés I've used myself), but when they are so well made with freshness to it, I can do nothing but applaud. So I applaud you whole heartedly. It's very hard to make a clichéd situation into a very enjoyable experience, but you have done that nearly perfectly.

Mirai Dramatizer chapter 33 . 2/8/2011
I spent from about one AM to four AM reading this story, and I gotta say. It was well spent. This story was utterly fantastic in every way possible. Sure, it had a couple grammar issues here and there, but most stories do, so it didn't bother me much.

What did bother me was this. You portray Haruhi, Kyon, and the others perfectly. I swear, you right them almost exactly like Tanigawa does for the ten light novel volumes. I seriously envy you for that, man. Seriously win.

I originally thought the setup would be very cliched, but I gotta say, you made the plot and development of the story overly enjoyable, making this one of best stories I've ever read on this site.

Also, I'm really glad to know that there's a sequel in the works. Just more for me to read! Yes! This pleases Replicaaa!

All in all, fantastic job on a fantastic story. Now, to move on to chapter one of the sequel!

~Replicaaa
Whatev3691 chapter 33 . 2/6/2011
I just read this over 3 days, and it was really great! The characters were mostly very IC and the story was interesting and similar to what I would expect from the canon. I also really appreciated the references to the light novels, because I looove the light novels (when will number 10 be out, damn it!). Your writing style is similar to that of the books, and I liked it. Since you clearly love TMOHS, I suggest you read the light novels of Toradora!, another romantic-comedy (but more romantic than TMOHS) that I find to be very alike. You can read the translated novels on baka-tsuki. org, where you may have read TMOHS novels. I'll eagerly be awaiting the sequel!
Livi -Gamanganime chapter 33 . 2/5/2011
Ouh..

I forgot one thing..

For me, some chapters are predictable.

Like where Haruhi is hiding.

I'm kinda pissed because kyon is so stupid to realize that. (still, i like the part when he's crying)

and when kyon lost his memory.. Cliche..

Well, still like the story though. Awesome. Great job!

Looking forward for your sequels!
Livi -Gamanganime chapter 33 . 2/5/2011
I've been reading this fic nonstop.

I really love the story ~nyoro

every character has their personality being well delivered.

And the story is super duper awesome!

Can't wait for the sequel.
Of Naught chapter 21 . 2/3/2011
Well... things kind of got predictable during the last few chapters. The outcomes of the mud wrestling and the actions throughout were pretty cliché along with this chapter. The reading through the diary is done waaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

HOWEVER, you've made a super cliché into an enjoyable and unique read. Your writing skill and understanding of characters has been what's kept me reading continuously. Kudos to you.

Necrophiliator chapter 33 . 2/3/2011
On a separate note, I would like to compliment you on the composition and structuring of the last few chapters. While most authors tend to lose wind and fuck up the climax, you seemed to pace yourself through fairly well. Although some parts and phrases are rather off-sounding and out of character, and capitalization was used rather poorly, it was still a job well done.

You have some spelling mistakes by the way. They are spread throughout the chapters.

Also, I fuck corpses.

~Necrophiliator
Necrophiliator chapter 30 . 2/3/2011
This is good stuff, I think. Whether intentional, you mirror the style of the light novels well. Good job babe.
Of Naught chapter 14 . 2/1/2011
I do believe by now that you have far surpassed the review count of The Melancholy of Kyon, with what? 1331 (with this, 1332) reviews and counting for 33 chapters. THAT'S JUST FREAKING RIDICULOUS MAN! Anyways...

LOL ROFL. What happened to the notion that these "mundane problems" have "the simplest solutions?" I mean, an epic battle with a tentacle monster and Haruhi's parents finding out about the crazy stuff? But who cares? The epic battle was still epic. I wouldn't have liked this any better any other way.

And it looks like Kyon's procrastinating again. This time with his not wanting to admit his feelings for Haruhi. Ah... but then it just wouldn't be the same.

~ Of Naught

P.S. Wise words from Peppy that could have helped the Brigade: "Aim for the open spots!"
Of Naught chapter 10 . 2/1/2011
How the world/universe is usually saved: 1. Stopping an alien invasion. 2. Stopping nuclear war. 3. Stopping an evil overlord from taking over the world/universe. 4. Or keeping said overlord from destroying the world/universe. 5. Preventing the natural balance of things from destabilizing 6. You get the point.

How the world is saved in TMoHS series: Keeping a certain high school girl happy.

Odd how there's so many clichés in the series yet the method of saving the world isn't one of them.

Anyways, great chapter once again!

Of Naught chapter 9 . 2/1/2011
Ooh... so now we get into the saving the world again phase. I've been waiting for this.

Kyon could have just said he wrote stuff in the literary club, but oh well. That may or may not have worked against Haruhi's father.

Anyways, time for me to read on!

Of Naught chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
Wow. Just wow. It's like I'm reading the actual novel. Awesome job.

Now I must read more.

Mader Levap chapter 33 . 1/30/2011
Omake: boy meet girl, boy lose girl, boy recover girl. Classic story that never gets old. :)

And... sequel? YES! :D
Ramblings-And-Randomness chapter 33 . 1/29/2011
Wow... I can see why this is the most popular story in the fandom. It's amazing! I read it straight through nonstop, which took three hours, and loved every minute of it!

I particularly like how your writing style is so close to the light novels. One thing I've noticed about them is it's tricky to tell when Kyon's talking and when he's thinking, and I've gotten the same thing with this story. That's not bad at all, because it made me feel like I was reading the light novel that never was written.

Thank you so much for writing this and I'll definitely be back to read it again!
Haruhifan chapter 33 . 1/28/2011
At long last this great story comes to an end. Man was that a long wait, a year I think? But the wait was worth it after hearing about a sequel. Good luck JonBob, I know you will write soemthing great again XD
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »