Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
ColinatorGX chapter 31 . 10/10/2010
Ya know, I've read a great deal of stories here on .

And I really enjoyed many of them. I enjoyed reading the result of the fan's dedication to the franchises they like, to their readers, and themselves.

And this story has become one of my favorites of all time. Because, remember the dedication authors have to those 3 things I mentioned before? Your story exhales of it. It has the mark of your dedication to it in every single chapter.

So thank you, for writing such an enjoyable story. )
Quizer chapter 21 . 9/29/2010
Look, I'm happy you didn't go the route of the ultimate annoying cliché and have Haruhi catch him red-handed at her computer reading her diaries, but this is barely better. How come Kyon barely has any second thoughts about violating her privacy like that? Is that really like him?

I also don't like the revelation / confrontation that is sure to come in the future. That much is not so much a clichéas a fact of life. But that won't make it any easier or more fun to read, I expect.

Quizer
Teankun chapter 31 . 9/28/2010
Well, I guess I will go ahead and give my review of the story overall. While I will admit the fic defiantly had its moments such as the sweet KxH scenes, the one big thing the story had going against it, near the end, was that it was very predictable. I predicted the thing the adult Miroku warned Kyon was going to happen (even though as I said before I thought it was overly used and clichéd for Haruhi fics) was a closed space: it was. I predicted the place for Haruhi to be at in the closed space was the lovers’ shrine: it was. And, I predicted that (instead of testing their love with a long distance romance) Kyon would remember at the very last moment, get off the train, and run back to Haruhi to live with her: he did. I could have almost have saved the trouble of actually reading the fic and just imagined that I read it. There is a very good chance I could have fooled somebody by lying that I did.

On another note, how would you know what a real life person, (i.e.) James Randi, would say or do? I do not possibly see how he would know what someone would do with the cards. Also, how do you know that he would agree with Haruhi (unless he was just humoring her) that the world would be more exciting with espers, aliens, ect? I, personally, would say otherwise the world would not!

One last note relating to the story I would like to make is that I have absolutely no intention to use your characters mainly because after recently finishing “Sigh,” I surmised that Haruhi cannot possibly have any bossy, dominative parents.

With the actual story aside, I would like to make one other point. I am sorry if you got upset from the assumption that I was accusing you of not doing any other proofreading beyond the word processor’s spell checkers due to all the homonyms that got by in your fic. But, regardless whether I assumed you went a step further or not, the fact remains that you cannot rely on the spell checker for spelling, nor can any other writer; not even me. That rule of fanfic writing still stands. Furthermore, whatever level of proofreading you were doing was not enough. You still needed to do at least one other level of proofreading to remedy the homonyms, and B&M-ing back at me like a whiny, spoiled brat isn’t one of them. Fortunately, it seemed that you did what you needed to fix the homonym problem for the latter chapters.
chaosglory626 chapter 26 . 9/26/2010
When the girl who loves you is a goddess, a breakup can equal reality becoming broken.
chaosglory626 chapter 3 . 9/26/2010
You are pretty good at writing with the style that is used in Haruhi. There are parts where it seems like it is just Kyon's commentary, but everyone else can hear it. A stupid person would just think that you forgot to put in the quotation marks. I see it for what it really is, accurate style imitation, which makes for a nicer story.
L337MASTER chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
This is the best story I've read on fan fiction so far. I think it could pass as part of the actual Haruhi series. Great job.
IdiotFromOsaka chapter 31 . 9/13/2010
Aw... I can't believe it's over already! I loved that story so much! I swear, you just created one of the best fanfics I've ever read. You kept everyone perfectly in character, created some of the best OC's ever, and made a great story! Please keep writing more Haruhi fics and fanfiction in general!
SakuraJade chapter 31 . 9/6/2010
Wow, what a wonderful Haruhi story you have here! I'm so glad I came across this gem :) This is by far the best Haruhi fanfic I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I'm being completely honest when I say that if I didn't know for a fact that this was a fan made story, I'd totally believe it was part of the original Haruhi story series written by the real author!

You did a magnificent job with the canon characters. Each and every one of them was totally in character and Kyon's narration was great along with the way you elaborated on his crush on his cousin from the original and used that as the reason he denied his feelings for Haruhi. And I absolutely ADORE Haruhi's parents! They were amazing original characters! I loved that you gave them backgrounds because that made them more real. I also liked how you gave them each a major trait or two that Haruhi possesses so that we could see where she gets it from (like how Oruki was pushy and Naru had a flare for the supernatural etc.). The best part is that you never deviated from the personalities you gave your characters, meaning your OC characters were never OOC lol I have to say, with an eccentric character like Haruhi it's sometimes very difficult to imagine what kind of people could have created and raised her but you did a spectacular job. I totally bought Oruki and Naru as Haruhi's parents and I have to say that I'm really going to miss reading about them :( I wish they were real! Now when I read other fanfics that have to create parents for her or if the actual author decides to show us Haruhi's parents one day I'm totally gonna be all: "That's not her parents! That's not Oruki and Naru!" lol It sucks but it just means you did an amazing job with them.

You also had one heck of a plot going and though I thoroughly enjoyed it, I feel that the overall title of the story should have been something with a little more punch. "Meet the Suzumiyas" made me think that the story was going to be all about the craziness that comes with living with the Suzumiya for Kyon and maybe some cute, fuzzy moments between Haruhi and Kyon given the two genres you have the story under. But it ended up being so much more than that! Which I was happy about. The story had so much more to it, it ended up being very exciting at the end. I just think a different title would have done the story more justice. You also did a good job with the foreshadowing and with the way you came up with plot points like the haiku book Nagato gave Kyon at the very beginning b/c he was supposed to move and how you tied that into what he had to do at the end to save himself and the world from being remade. The whole James Randi thing was pretty funny too and so Haruhi! lol I'd never heard of him before but I think it's great that you tied reality into the fic :)

For the most part the writing was really good, but there were quite a few typos scattered throughout each chapter which was a bit of a distraction . . . If you didn't have it in you to proof each chapter more than once, maybe you should have considered enlisting the help of a beta reader to catch what your eyes weren't. It would have made the story that much better for sure.

Overall this story was fantastic and I'm so glad you got so many reviews as you clearly deserve them! You obviously put a lot of hard work and thought into this story and so I thank you for taking the time to entertain all us Haruhi fans with a truly wonderful, original, and believable Haruhi fic :) Hopefully it isn't your last Haruhi fic ;)
galilab chapter 32 . 9/2/2010
I finished reading your story.

and I thought: "awwwww, too bad! isn't there some more?"

I just want to congratulate you for your awesome story, characters and plot, I loved it... It was just perfect!
The Legate chapter 31 . 8/30/2010
This has been an incredibly well written story and it has been an amazing pleasure to read these last two days.
SaphireWaves chapter 32 . 8/14/2010
Favorite Haruhi Suzumiya fic. Wonderful writing and commitment :) Aside from a few minor grammatical errors, the writing is amazing and the plot is well thought out. Can't wait to see the rest of the omake!
SuperSonicHero10 chapter 31 . 8/10/2010
Thank You SO MUCH for Writing this Wonderful Story! I loved how you stuck very close to the source material as possible! I loved how you kept all the recognizable traits that each character is known for. I Enjoyed the idea that it was also traveling story. I enjoyed the Idea that this would more then likely be what Haruhi's parents would be like. I enjoyed how you incorperated real life (James Randi) into the story. I loved how the character development was fully fleshed out into a full fledged character arc! But More Importantly I loved How Haruhi and Kyon FINALLY realized that they were in love with each other! Thank You JonBob for writing this Amazing Story! :)
Dancing Mask chapter 32 . 7/27/2010
Wow... I just read the whole story. Nothing I could say that hasn't been said already, going by your tanker of reviews. If you took the time to read and respond, ironically, that would account for any delays when writing...

Fantastic stuff, very in character, and believable OC's. Criticism... I know I always want something to improve on in a review, but I'd feel like a jerk saying something mean just for the heck of it.

I suppose the monster design and amnesia are over-used in stories, but you wrote it so well, and the monster was from Haruhi's subconscious, so it really shouldn't have been something we'd never seen before. So all's great .
The Layman chapter 32 . 7/17/2010
Backstory is always good. Keep it up! (As in, WRITE MORE ALREADY!)
The Layman chapter 31 . 7/16/2010
*claps* Woohoo! Great job, man! I loved it every step of the way! (Naru rocks!)
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »