Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
Rassilon001 chapter 31 . 4/29/2010
Someone obviously put a lot of research into this story, and it shows. From the multiverse theory to the Kyoto landscape to the TV programs and scientific theories and guest celebrities. Its beautiful. I could easily see this story being animated as a continuation of the Haruhi Suzumiya Chronicles. In particular, Kyon’s inner musings/unspoken dialouge. It was a highlight of his character in the show and it’s a brilliant narrative device, and you capture it brilliantly.

Haruhi’s parents were wonderful, I can totally imagine them being canon. The mother I expected. Anyone as spoiled and selfish as Haruhi has to have a very indulgent and more than a little odd parent. Trying to find ghosts and enjoying everything weird or unusual that happens around her. Her father was a bit of a surprise, but I suppose it was a welcome dash of reality to the situation. And even he had more than a few traits readily familiar to viewers.

I also expected his search for a new place to be both fruitless and tiresome, and damned it all if I wasn’t right. But it was certainly some interesting places he found. And some rather curious coincidences that kept him square in Haruhi’s lap (not that either would complain much about it). And then there was that false advertisment at the perfect place. Mikuru just had to go and spoil his dream of the ideal place to live. That was awesome.

And I just about felt my jaw hit the floor when the parents found out about the SOS Brigade and tried to bring it down (and, of course, end the world without realizing it). And then a fight between Oruki and Kyon (well, more like a one-sided beating). That was so tense I was biting my nails in anticipation. And when they stumbled upon the Tentacle Monster battle I just about spit out my soda. You certainly have a knack for misdirection and surprise.

Ryoko? Alive? Well... kinda more like a poltergeist evil spirit thing, but still, that’s even better. Pity it was all just a fantasy... or was it? Pitu Naru-chan didn’t get a chance to see that freakiness. She’d probably love it.

Oh that Mud Wrestling Tournament was beautiful. Beautifully conceived, excellently executed. I’m a little surprised it cut out when it did, I would’ve enjoyed seeing the rest of the girls matches. Kyon vs Koizumi? Not so much. And I admit I’m curious to know what kind of punishment was meted out, but in reality, you made it that much more filling to the reader by leaving it up to their imaginations. Good job.

Now that final confrontation in Kyoto, with the world ending and storming and chaos all aruond, and Haruhi and Kyon confessing to one another... I have never seen better. That was truly epic. So much so that I, in fact, name this the greatest Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya fanfiction. Ever. Proclaimed.

I would pay good money to see this animated. Not much money, since I’m poor, but the principle applies. That good. Six stars. The Omake was cute too.
Sashu chapter 31 . 4/27/2010
no you dont get a choice in the matter. my boss-ness demands a sequel i read this in one go.
Pythag chapter 32 . 4/26/2010
Absolutely amazing fanfic. Without a doubt, it is the best I have ever read. I really hope you continue with this, since there is nothing out there that can match up. I find myself comparing all the other Haruhi fanfics with this, making them seem so inferior :P

Anyway, thank you for this amazing story, and good luck with whatever you want to do.
Sashu chapter 7 . 4/26/2010
i feel so bad for kyon. the one girl who is god has fallen for him. he is totally screwed.
Lord Keyboard chapter 32 . 4/23/2010
This was a great fanfic, and I'm kinda sad that it had to end this way. Just to let you know, I'm 100% behind a sequel, though it seems like it may take some time. Keep up the good work!
Nederbird chapter 32 . 4/18/2010
It's a bit sad that it has to end, because it was really good, as in extraordinary! I'm being honest here, this counts as among the best fics I've read on the anime section. I would have written this earlier too, but the lack of any stable internet connection deterred me from it.

With the risk of repeating what I'd said before, I'm going to comment a bit on thy characters. Thou've managed to keep the canon characters amazingly true to their personalities (at least from what I've seen of the anime), while thine original characters fit so perfectly into it all that it felt as if they'd been there from the very start. Like thou wrote in thy first bonus, Oruki really does resemble Harima on some points, but he really is thine overall badass anime character: all manly and macho except when his wife/girlfriend is near him. I don't really know if the original story lacked such a character or if it did just as well without one, but with thine interpretation it'd certainly seem like the former. Naru on the other hand seems like the polar opposite, kind of like thy favourte childhood plushie toy that thou'd bring with thyself everywhere thou'd go, except she's got a penchant for black magic and demons. Funnily enough, that combination doesn't seem the least bit strange as it somehow just translates into the typical anime weirdo character x4. Then the two of them being Haruhi's parents just perfectly explain why the girl herself is so unbelievably weird and bossy. I also suspect that Naru's craziness has rubbed off on Oruki, seeing as how he enjoys torturing Haruhi's potential boyfriends (or even boy friends?).

Still, it doesn't explain how in all hell the two of them got together. Good thing thou wrote that omake!

I can't come up with anything to criticize about this fic so I'm just going to continue praising thee. James Randi: now that's an original idea. Okay, not fully original since thou didn't come up with him thyself, but I haven't ever seen anything remotely close to what thou did on this site. Really, when I came to the chapter where Haruhi was going to comfront the (in)famous sceptic, I had a hard time keeping myself from cracking up (middle of the night, didn't want to wake others). That was original thinking, yet it seems to be such an obvious choice for any plot involving Haruhi that I can't understand why I haven't seen it before.

The climax was simply majestic! When I read it, it felt as I was watching a movie. I could vividly picture the scenes before me: Kyon struggling with his bicycle up a steep road in the rain; the Kiyomizu-dera being lifted into the sky; the two of them tumbling through the trees' branches. Thy style is so... how do you say it... "imprisoning", or that's at least what we Swedes say when something's so immersive thou can't pull away from it. It's really sad that it's come to an end, even though I know that everything has to sometime. Now I won't have the joy of seeing another alert for this popping into my inbox, because those always made my day, believe me. Thou'rt really giving thyself too little credit when thou say that thou'rt surprised that this became so popular. Myself, I'd buy this if I could, because it's things like this that're really worth spending money on.

I'll at least still have half an omake to read, which I know already is going to be quite enjoyable. Now, I only have one request, one that I hope isn't all to selfish. I'm wondering if thou could give me thy thoughts on my reviews: are they good or does it feel like I'm just brownnosing? Is there anything I can improve? Did thou like them? Even a short reply would suffice. )

Well, that's all. Looking forward to thine omake update!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar, Nederbörd.
Andmeuths chapter 32 . 4/16/2010
A magnificent classic , to be honest . The only weakness was that , for some reason , the Climax did not move me as much as the rest of the story . How many more Omakaes are you going to make by the way ?
7MukuroRealm7 chapter 32 . 4/14/2010
Hello. I will not review this Omake, because words cannot describe its' awesomeness. I waited until now to review, because today is the first anniversary of this story. Congrats on an excellent story. I hope to see more from you. Until next time,

Mukuro Out
tatewaki2000 chapter 31 . 4/12/2010
I do hope there is a sequel. :)

And thank you for the fun!
tatewaki2000 chapter 30 . 4/12/2010
Bravo.
tatewaki2000 chapter 25 . 4/12/2010
Simply stunning.

The chapter compelled me to review.

The others...I was too dazed to remember that darn button.

Wonderful writing.
Col98 chapter 32 . 4/11/2010
I really enjoyed reading this, I don't really have much else to say aside from how perfect it was. In a way, you've inspired me in my own writing.
blackdragon0 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I took a look at your profile - please don't remove this story as well! It's great.
gcleemon chapter 32 . 4/7/2010
XD i knew naru was a air-head but dam great omake part, keep it up!
specter626 chapter 32 . 4/5/2010
This is an awesome contribution to the fanfiction community. Also the best MoHS story I have ever read. Thank you for taking it all the way.
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »