Reviews for Meet the Suzumiyas
The Writing Prokaryote chapter 15 . 9/24/2013
Creepy...
The Writing Prokaryote chapter 10 . 9/23/2013
Oruki could get arrested for that...
Rory O'Kane chapter 27 . 8/10/2013
Bah! I knew where Haruhi was going to go as soon as the stage was mentioned. Kyon sure is clueless.
Rory O'Kane chapter 16 . 8/10/2013
This story so far is very good at evoking understandable scenes and realistic characters. Maybe I’m just in a receptive mood today, but I really jived with a lot of the things described so far. I could relate to a lot of what has happened so far in the story.

Like Haruhi distracting Kyon while showing him how to use a knife – I’ve been in a similar position before. And the fear of a bedside statue moving, like the turtle did – I was afraid of that when I was a little kid, so I really felt scared at that point in the story. I could also relate to Kyon’s experience of living in a stranger’s home and using their towels and shampoo in an early chapter. Basically, a lot of situations felt real to me.

I also like Haruhi’s parents, especially her father. He’s really rude and annoying, and I wouldn’t like him, but I kind of understand him, and he seems realistically complex. And what we’ve been shown of their past and characteriztions makes total sense in explaining Haruhi.

Haruhi’s actions such as the kiss in the night, the fear of apologizing, and the constant berating are very in-character too.
Uberlemming chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
Out of interest why can't Kyon live with Nagato?
Uberlemming chapter 3 . 7/5/2013
You have far too much description of clothing and similarly unimportant things in this chapter. Yes, it is occasionally good to give a really detailed description of something but yours didn't fit in here at all and just served to distract me from the story. Look for examples in books of long description and see how they manage to integrate it with a chapter without dragging you out of the action.

Otherwise an interesting start to a story. The concept is good and I look forward to seeing where you take it, I just hope it is not to more of the kind of writing you slipped into a few times in this chapter :)
Guest chapter 33 . 5/27/2013
This is the epitome of the fanfiction.
Every movement, piece of dialogue and action has been perfectly in character, and it is for that reason that you've created something absolutely golden.
KonoSetsu Lover chapter 33 . 5/7/2013
After 5 days of nonstop reading, I have finally reached the conclusion. And I have only ever been this sad before once in my life, during a certain scene of Disappearance.

That being said, I have never felt auch a feeling of true conclusion in all my life. Meeting the Suzumiyas only took a short while to enthrall me, and has easily become my favorite fanfic, and one of my favorite stories ever.

I have a few of the light novels saved on the ipod that I used to read your piece. After the epilogue, I needed some time to think of what to say here, so I read a bit of Rampage. It took me until one of the manga images until I noticed the change. The only other fic that wrote the characters so perfectly is Cries of Haruhi Suzumiya, another favorite of mine.

In short, you have crafted a masterpiece that I will defend with my life as a prime example of how to write fanfiction, an I look forward to reading the sequel.
KonoSetsu Lover chapter 19 . 5/4/2013
I just read the mudwrestling chapter, and...Uh.
How do I put this?

...

I love you. That is the most vivid picture any fic on this site has ever given, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Now if you don't mind, i'm gonna go re-read it a dozen times.
Kittyhuntress chapter 14 . 4/25/2013
Wow, you written the story in Kyon's POV perfectly and portrayed the other characters in like manner. Good job!
Dogbreathsan chapter 33 . 4/1/2013
Thank you. The omake is a sweet story. I particularly enjoyed - laughed out loud at times - the parallels.

Thanks again for Oruki and Naru. Haruhi couldn't ask for better parents. A less tsundere father, maybe, but not better parients.
Dogbreathsan chapter 20 . 4/1/2013
Hi
Thank you, thank you very much. I'm enjo ying this story immensely. It is very im aginative taking on a subject I would no t have thought approachable.

From a narrative approach you are doing very well. The story flows nicely, the a ction sequences were great an you most c ertainly have Kyon down well-nigh perfec tly.

But please, for all that is holy in Stru nk & White please please get an editor. Another pair of eyes reading for style n ot narrative. Someone who can help you k eep the tense of your verbs straight and help you keep your usage in line (light ening is the act of a gravid uterus repo sitioning itself in the pelvis; lightnin g is an electric spark in the sky). Spel ling and grammar are not picayune, they help maintain the flow of your narrative . When one comes across a mis-matched te nse construction it stops the flow of th e narrative and then becomes a distracti on. Really, I'm sorry to pick nits at yo u in this regard. Your story is so compe lling and fun it hurts to have to back u p and make sure I understand where the n arrative is going.

But, picked nits aside, thank you. Remem ber, this is *_your_* story, and you are doing an excellent job of telling that story. Heh, your story is rapidly becomi ng canon. Take pride in that. And, again , thank you for sharing your story with us.
Dogbreathsan
LALALAND chapter 32 . 3/29/2013
I loved it haha

I thought the story was obvious, but you proved me wrong!
Dogbreathsan chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
OK, good start. A nice mise-en-scene that is logical and stays within canon. I look forward to the remainder.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/24/2013
This is fantastic. I always let my emotions through, like laughing and sometimes talking to myself, as I read. I'll have to say that you could have at least made Kyon a littler more mad here. I mean, most people would go nuts from the embarrassment and frustration dealing with that kind of ordeal. But yeah, I love your story very much.
1,565 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »