Reviews for Reconstruction
Crzy-Insane-Mental-Cyco-Teen chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Lovey janto! Brilliant!
WickedBlue chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Awe, that was beautiful. Very sad, but so sweet.
Raynbowz chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Very nice story-lots of angst, but a happy ending. Excellent!
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Great story! Wow, there's an idea- that way of it happening differently. And I like how you're looking into the aftermath. Because PTSD is such a serious and horrible thing for any people, but it's not written about as much. And you wrote about it so well. Both for Jack, barely responding at first thinking he's still there, brooding and fragile and nothing helping and all, and Ianto, trying to deal with it all AND help Jack, and no wonder the stress is too much. And I love the end- learning where Jack is right before he comes back, and things change. And I can see that, too- really, helping people can be the best therapy. Thanks!
vertigoSWAY chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
This is one of those fics I keep coming back to no matter what. I love the emotion captured in between the lines. It's times like these when we realize we live by the moment and not by what's coming.
Ravenja70 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
so tender - wonderful!
Jessie Blackwood chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Often thought Jack ought to be more psychologically disturbed than he is, after everything he's been through as a character. Like this, it seems real somehow, you cannot go through that and come out OK. PTSD is a serious illness. Some people don't know what to do, how to react (Gwen for instance). I like that Ianto is human too, stressed and breaking. Mental illness is hard on the carer too, even though they are devoted to the person they are caring for. And the person they care for needs to know that, to understand that too. Good story, sensitively treated.
Solsbury Girl chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
I like people's take on the "After the Valiant" as much as the post Countrycide. There always seems to be more unsaid than said in those episodes. This was unexpectedly good.

And I love the idea of the dinosaur on the construction site. If ever I nick the idea for a comedy oneshot and forget where it came from, I thank you here, formally, upfront! But tell me if that would be a taboo thing to do.
CosmicalMadison chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Oh, you've almost got me crying now... Anyway, *great* job. You have the emotions done to well. I, too, thought there wasn't enough of this in the show. I'm a sucker for post-Year broken!Jack Janto fics. :)
Teufelkind chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Oh dear, now I'm all teary eyed! Great job!
bbmcowgirl chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
This was really good. It gave real insight into what Ianto was feeling. I always thought the episode was wrong in the way it portrayed Jack. Watching the episode you'd think that being imprisoned, tortured and repeatedly killed had no affect on him at all, and that's just not possible. Of course they only have an hour.

Do you plan on a follow-up story so we can see how Jack and Ianto are coping? I'd love to read it if you do.

Judy
Galadriel1010 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Still absolutely wonderful, so glad you've posted it up here as well XD

Gx
cjh4ever chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Interesting and moving story. I like the ending very much, so like Jack to give rather than receive comfort.
lenc chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Very sweet and realistic. Love the way you have them both so concerned for each other, and the ending was lovely.