Reviews for The Odds Are In
Tara chapter 4 . 2/18/2012
Aw, that's it? :( This is a great story so far. I love the characterization of Laguna in particular. Him wanting to hear what Squall says about him is so cute :P..and stuffing himself with ice cream, heh. I'm so sad that it's discontinued ;_;...I wanted to know the significance of the triple triad scene :P and if Squall would show up.
greyr chapter 4 . 11/6/2010
Great story so far. It's a great balance between humour and what seems will be some very fun intrigue. Serious, but funny. Every chapter pretty much had a few things that made me laugh.

The format for chapter four was kind of interesting - answering questions with fitting but mostly unrelated conversations. As usual with your stories, I really love your characterizations. I hope you get a chance to continue sometime. I'll take a look at the rest of your writing in the meanwhile. :)
Z war chapter 4 . 12/14/2009
Hey great story but one quick question. Are you and Enkinda ever going to finish How not to date Blondsi love the story but will u ever finish it.
Maloire chapter 4 . 10/30/2009
Ah! Love that first scene! And the flow for the chapter hahah! Ingenious.

Love the room decoration idea! Haha, I wonder whose great idea that was *wink* (3 the Shumi reference! OH and the whole "Operation Moomba Parade" thing is LOL! Made my day, in all honesty.)

M, Kiros is good at guiding Laguna into making sense of things. No wonder Esthar's still in one piece, eh? Hehe. But really, very good dynamics going on. Good to see Ward still has some presence.

I shall have to quote the line "When in doubt... ice cream heals all wounds." Heheh. I remember hearing the one about assuming, classic.

Can't wait to see what else you have planned!
Maloire chapter 3 . 10/30/2009
Hahahah! Oh Laguna...

Again, I love the balance of humour and the serious bits. The characters are plausable and not overdone (i.e. Laguna's not a total idiot and bumbling moron, although he tries to be sometimes. And Squall's not going all "emo-kid-to-the-max!" or whatever. A good balance.) I can definitely see this playing out in my mind, love it.

Can't believe they'd name a (cat?) Griever XD! Although, from what you've shown, it could be a well-deserved title - heheh viscious bugger!

The banter between everyone is great! And even Ward is there! (So sad how many people neglect him, ah...)

I love the parallels between Squall's and Laguna's circle of friends (noticed this in the game too). Like how Quisty and Kiros are both organized and detailed-oriented (at least in my mind).
Maloire chapter 2 . 10/30/2009
I love the game references and your interpretations. Can't believe I haven't read this story til now!

(Apologies for the short review... I'm gonna go devour the next chapter!)
Maloire chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I'm sorry to say that I haven't heard of the song or group but will try to look for them in the future!

I adore the personalities of your characters, totally matches how I've pictured them! The voices you've given are distinct and true to character - awesome.

A very good mixture of humor and drama (plus the inside jokes! Heheheh, spectacular)!

Must say, I'm curious to see if there'll be any triple triad in the future chapters hehe!
Psyco Turnip chapter 4 . 8/7/2009
I like it. Simply put you have the characters personalities down perfectly and I can't wait for this story to unfold
Psyco Turnip chapter 4 . 6/4/2009
Good Story so far, Can't wait to see what will happen next.
P.O.KILLER chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
YAY! I'm SO glad I got to come back to this! a few minor typos and gramatical errors but keep up the good work!
Miss Kinneas chapter 4 . 5/30/2009
Hey Seventhe,

Just me again _ Glad you re-added Irvine's trademark "Darlin'" back into the story...like the style of this chapter but again I still cant get enough of ur writing - who ever said "Less is best!" obviously never liked Final Fantasy or has read your stories!

And just for interest's sake...I'll be taking up occupation of the 'Love Suite' from now on jks ;P
Noacat chapter 4 . 5/26/2009
Oh, this chapter was genius. I like the way how it went back and forth between Laguna & Co. and Quistis & Irvine. It was very cleverly done. The bit with the shower was amusing, as was Irvine's usually perviness.
Skykhanhunter chapter 4 . 5/26/2009
As Terry Pratchett famously said in Mort, "that was a cinematic trick adopted for print." and it works so well.
sissyHIYAH chapter 4 . 5/26/2009
My choice, eh? Is Irvine wearing his hat? If so...

Hee hee! Great chapter. I love Laguna stuffing his face with ice cream. With anyone else, it would have been a bottle of whiskey, but ice cream and Laguna...just works. And spying on Squall instead of just talking to him? Poor guy. He's a bit of a coward, isn't he?
Lily10 chapter 2 . 5/14/2009
Oh this seems like a very promising fic. Quite an intelligent read thus far - really well thought-out in fact. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next and the mysterious that are going to be unraveled.