Reviews for The Paladin's Grace edited version, reposted
penny4him chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Although this is a tale of angst it was nevertheless a beautiful story and well-written. Wonderful descriptions; you conveyed the thoughts and emotions so well.
Misplaced Soul chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I'll try to point out what I like, and what makes a promise for interesting story:

1 Milla hm wonder why... *winks*. But honestly, I know that it was merely an introduction, but I'm convinced I'll come like her more.. *for I hope it's not the one and only chapter?*

2. Fight scene - i usually lack good fight scenes, the ones that I could picture

3. Fallen Palladin, I hope that this plot will be also elaborated. I find such characters interesting, their motivation, inner second thoughts, regrets *if any*

This is a promising teaser. I'm counting on more?

Regards

MS
Thazienne chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I absolutely adorn the premise of this story. The saying the one must be caution when fighting monsters lest they become one themselves immediately comes to mind. A paladin in the most basic element is a warrior that draws their glory not from who or what the defeat but what they protect but this often is forgotten because power corrupts. The precarious balance of law(execution of justice) and goodness(delivering forgiveness) and the needs to make both coexist... a near impossible feat.

But this is a very solid start though I wonder who Milla worships. If I had any qualms about the story it would have to be with the lack of description of the environment one of the great freedoms of writing fantasy. Outside of that I really enjoyed it.