Reviews for Hunter's Solace
Redseraph chapter 5 . 2/8/2011
Very good story!
MoonClaimed chapter 5 . 10/2/2010
To tell the truth, I'd really like an epilogue where Kenshin goes to see how Chokichi is doing. Maybe at the beginning of his wondering years?

But anyway, I really enjoyed the story, both the plot and the characters. Or...at least Chokochi and your rendition of Kenshin, Tomahizo I kinda wanted to punch in the face. But I think that's what you were going for. Anyway, awesome job. :)
SAI chapter 5 . 7/7/2010
HEY THAT WAS ONE AWSOME STORY EVEN THOUGHH IT WAS ONLY 5 CHAPTERS
Geckohawaii chapter 5 . 3/10/2010
Um, the major plot was definitely not predictable! I wasn't expecting Tomahizo to bite it, ha, serve him right. You write a convincing post-hitokiri Kenshin!
Lellow chapter 5 . 12/4/2009
so hey! i finished reading the chapters a few weeks ago (during another procrastination spree) and realized I didn't comment! My bad!

Look, i thought this was just awesome:) good job with the story and a fantastic and unexpected ending. It would've been cool if you'd added a bit more Katsura into it but it's awesome the way it is...
Lellow chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I like this story so far... I'm sort of reading it to procrastinate doing real work... but when I get time I'll definately read further... I find your story compelling and your characterizations well realized :)
Heather Logan chapter 5 . 8/3/2009
That was a great ending! I don't think it was predictable at all. At least it surprised me.

The bit about Chokichi being sold by her family reminded me of some stuff I'd read about the history, and I can't really blame her family. It could have been a choice between selling their daughter or having all their children die of starvation.

Great story!
Heather Logan chapter 4 . 8/3/2009
I was going to cheer for the rescue of Chokichi but now I have to say "no!" Dratted mountains!
Heather Logan chapter 3 . 8/3/2009
Aiee! This is excellent! (The fic, of course, not the situation.) I wonder, is the onsen town a real place?

On the bright side, if they survive this, the Bakufu soldiers will be cut off from them. Whether they'll be able to get back to civilization is another matter.
Heather Logan chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
What a bastard Tomahizo is. Unfortunately, I can see that's going to have no effect on how much Kenshin is willing to put on the line to get him back to Katsura safely. It's a good thing Kenshin didn't dilly-dally on the way there, either, since a couple hours later and the Bakufu would've been there first! Eek! I wonder if Tomahizo knows something that the Bakufu need too, or if they're just out to silence him as soon as possible?
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hi Omasu! I'm reading this at last...

I love the visualness of this first chapter - the way you describe the darkness and clouds that first night at the teahouse, and the morning sun and sparrows later on, and the details about the people. It's wonderfully vivid. The set-up is also great. I've come to the end of the chapter with that "oh no..." feeling. Onward...

-Heather
Miseria-Veritas chapter 5 . 6/25/2009
I liked the ending. It was very well thought out, and I loved Chokichi's character. And you are right, it's refreshing to see a few hints of the rurouni in the "Battousai" time. Anyway, loved it, and I want more like it.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 5 . 6/7/2009
Talking about divine justice, eh?

I definitely liked the ending. I'm glad that Kenshin could save the right person, the one who deserved it, even if it meant failing his real assignment – of course, the rebels still obtained the information they wanted, which was a relief. I didn't find it too predictable, because I expected a different, tragic twist, like the girl dying beneath the mud, wood and water, leaving the merchant as self-centered as ever, and the honorable hitokiri to silently mourn her fate.

The whole fic was entertaining and well written; your plot was short yet compelling. I felt very sorry for Chokichi during most chapters, and I enjoyed her eventual return to her village. Tomahizo, on the other hand, was absolutely repulsive, and I totally rejoiced when the gods – or fate – decided to punish him.

I actually found it quite ironic, how a cold-blooded assassin could be so much more human and compassionate than a so-called normal man who used to have a loving family...

It was a good story. Many thanks for sharing!
Warg chapter 5 . 5/17/2009
I was having a real hard time accepting that u'd let the "WHY?" slip through.. hehe.. caught up nicely though.. good read..
Warg chapter 4 . 5/17/2009