Reviews for That tiny missing detail
Chronicles of an Insomniac chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Aw! Thats cute. I love when she gets him small things that don't cost a lot, but mean a lot. Like the grapefruit she got him in one of the first episodes. That was my favorite part ever!

clumsybookgirl13
ion bond chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
This is so cute! It's all about the small things.

I love the concept of "transgenic bendiness."
nattylovesu chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
thanks for this...very refreshing lemonade ficlet among the "runes" of the stories that do not remain true to the characters of the show..

thanks for keeping the hope alive...
Aurora2424 chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Wow Mari, this is just lovely. One of the best pieces of fanfic writing I've seen in quite some time. It is very subtle, but the way you manage to interweave details always makes your pieces feel like much bigger, connected pieces of the DA world.

Here are some of my favorite lines:

"She had stolen jewelry and ancient vases, raided a stock of best Canadian maple syrup and organized a year’s supply of Mexican toothpaste, found an antique French dictionary for Logan or underwear in giraffe fur-style for Kendra." - it just brings a smile to my face when I read this line. The international details are believable and connect to the Pulse. The items all ring true with the canon - especially tooth paste and giraffe fur-style underwear (very amusing).

"But it was more than just a matter of convenience and being prepared for all occasions. It was almost like laptop Logan was more relaxed than computer Logan. At the desk, amid cables and screens and the looming presence of Eyes Only’s camera he was tense and driven, not allowing himself any break or distraction. With his laptop, however, on the sofa or just parked in front of the big windows Logan seemed more easygoing, less subdued, the difference subtle and just enough to make her wonder how he’d been before Eyes Only." - And this is just plain insightful. Very believable and wonderful understated. These are the details that come to be an alternative canon in my opinion.

And finally, the point of her mission is very touching. Both Max's desire to find this item for Logan (and the perfect recall way she does it) and Logan's own sentimentality for his old laptop.

This story also has the duel purpose of taking into account why the laptop he had in the show was so old-fashion. So to sum it up, this was simply wonderful!
BookWorm37 chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Great story. Cute and very nice ... but why is it rated M?
Brian2008 chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I thought this was a very nice vignete with an authentic Season One feel to it.
Marcus Sylenus chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Beautiful!

I love the small details, Logan sharing the story of the laptop, Max remembering instantly where to find the replacement, the Evil Mastermind, conquering the world one box of Baby Food at a time! :P

And the end, it's SO S1! Max downplaying the meaning of the key for Logan, making such a small matter of it and integrating the gift into their usual dynamic by demanding breakfast in return...it's perfect.
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
AHH! I'm grinning so widely that I can barely type (well, that and other reasons!)- a missing space key! Now where in the world would *that* idea have come from? :D ;}

Of course, when I saw that I tried to read but gobbled my way through - perfect as usual and so much fun. I know *exactly* how Logan feels without that shift key (as in, I really, really know!) - what a great gift Max gave him! And not that I also know that stubborn feeling of bringing along a laptop, when others think it might have better been left at home... :P (do you suppose Max was stuck carrying it for Logan? :D)

Will calm down and read better and leave a proper review tomorrow but so much fun to see Logan's gap-tooth computer get its missing 'tooth' back ... ;} Thanks for the fun!
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This is so awesome!

I love the dichotomy between "office Logan" and "laptop Logan" and how he's different outside of his protected environment. Just when we thing there's nothing left to obsess about, you hit on a cool little detail like that. I like it when Max feels good about stealing from bad guys, like they've got it coming. I'm also hung up of Kendra's giraffe fir underwear - that deserves it's won story right there! And the image of Logan getting a laptop after the pulse, sitting outside the Canadian border trying to get a signal to reconnect to the world and download family photos is just amazing, making me think about how mch more we would lose than just bank records if all the computers just died. (Six week until the Pulse, better back up our files! ;P)
Alan Grey chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
A pleasent addition to ML cannon that was a welcome break from all the MA which continually floats through cyberspace.

I did not notice any spelling mistakes but them I am admitidly not the worlds best speller.

This story is one of those things that I enjoy reading as its about relationships and the little things. Max went out of her way to do soemthing for Logan which she was not required to do.

Just left me wondering why this was rated M and not Teen. Is it because she is stealing?

Liked that the guy got his power through manipulation of Baby food. It's a small detail that made me smile.

I'm not aware of anything being off with the Shift key plot either so I think from technical standpoint your safe. The guy just happened to have a computer similar to Logans.

Enjoy reading your pieces and hope to read more soon.
jfg207 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
That great. Max doing a little thing like that to make her "friend" happy again. It's so cute...