Reviews for The Woods are Lovely, Dark, and Deep
fuzzy0682 chapter 6 . 6/10/2009
I'm really enjoying this story!
sophowee chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
Everyone keeps recommending this fic on Lion Lamb and I decided to give it a try lol. This fic is just SO good, you're truly amazing and I'm already hooked hehe. Can't wait for more ;)
jedigirlsc chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
I just found your story and read all the chapters up to 9. Great story, wonder what role the Cullens will play...hm...looks from side to side...
Smeckles92 chapter 9 . 6/10/2009
i LOVE this! It's actually amazing. I love your Edward, and im dying to know his secrets. Please update soon! Please? :DD
Hayley chapter 9 . 6/9/2009
(AKA The Australian who you previously referred to with the analogy of red bull).

I have three things to say:

1) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. For several reasons. I love the asides. And the swearing. Mostly I loved: 'I just need to... build an elevator'. I was cracking up for AGES. Dear God.

2) Keep going woman. You can't bloody well leave me here now can you?

3) I'm not having a brilliant time in my life at the moment but your story gets me to crack a smile (and several ribs)everytime. I love your fanfic, you are really non - self aware which makes for brilliant writing. I love your intelligent albeit sneaky references to other brilliant literature (Nurse Ratchet will continue to haunt me Freddy Krugar style for the rest of my LIFE - Oh God, now I've mentioned HIM I will definately have trouble sleeping. shit.) You keep getting better and better - with every chapter you write it's so evident. You're clearly naturally talented so just keep writing for the love of God.

Now. I've done my bit so go do yours - I want a solid hour of work please, no excuses.

Love Love Love,

Redbull Hayley
hammondgirl chapter 9 . 6/8/2009
I started my review while reading so that I could give you a sort of play by play. I just laughed out loud. A lot. "I opened my mouth in horror. “I didn’t.”" Fabulous. Okay, so I read a ton of it before I came back to comment. I'm so sad right now about how Bella is interpreting Edward's statements, but I have a feeling that what he is saying does not mean what she thinks it does. *sigh* I love this, but it is really sad right now. Thank God “My penguin panties?” just made me clap my hands with laughter. JFC that was brilliant. Dear lord I was right about what he was saying... and the plot freaking thickens with the black case & the cigarettes. Wow. I just found a new favorite fic. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 8 . 6/8/2009
Alright, so it doesn't happen very often, even though I love it when it does... I totally just got lost in this chapter. I could feel the rain falling & I could hear the ambulance siren blaring. This was an excellent chapter. Seriously - amazing. Oh, and ooga booga, silly girl. I loved this chapter so much that I don't even have a coherent review to give to you... Just know that I got lost in it while reading & that I freaking LOVE it when that happens. Thanks for the little trip to Port Angeles in my mind. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 7 . 6/8/2009
I loved this chapter! Especially Edward's reaction to the Jessica-spit debacle. I love how he hadn't smiled yet, and now he not only smiles but laughs. Priceless. And the fact that Jessica saw the two of them leave just makes me giddy like I'm back in high school & the prom king just asked me to dance... *sigh* Great story! ;)
hammondgirl chapter 6 . 6/8/2009
Oh man, when he was walking closer to her & saying he was drawn to her I about had a heartattack just as Bella was about to... That was a great scene & I can't wait to read more like it. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 5 . 6/8/2009
"All I could do was hope that I wouldn’t catch oral herpes." Okay, I just spit Dr. Pepper out. I love this. Oh, and I forgot to quote my favorite line from the last chapter, so I'm doing it now: "“Screwing Doris,” I said without hesitation." Fan-fucking-tastic.

Alright - so onto this chapter... I love the character of Angela. She's like everyone's best friend rolled up in an easy to write & read character that just fits in fic. Loved the chapter. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 4 . 6/8/2009
Oh I absolutely loved their first real conversation. It was fantastic. And at first I thought Edward was a complete jackass, but now I'm leaning more toward the whole - tortured soul thing. Loving your story & reading on... ;)
hammondgirl chapter 3 . 6/8/2009
Yeah, I want some more of Edward in his boxers too... I love your a/n's at the end of your chapters. This chapter was so cute & reminiscent of the beginning of "Twilight." I'm just as intrigued by your Edward (as your Bella is) as I was in the book. Can't wait to read on, but I just had to tell you that I'm loving it so far. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
Yeah, I'm completely hooked right about now. I love your detail, btw. Why would you apologize for it? It only made me get more wrapped up in not only your character, but the story as well. ;)
hammondgirl chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I came across this from a rec somewhere or another & I'm definitely liking it so far. Half-naked Renee & Charlie just about killed me because I was laughing. That is horrific & completely adorable at the same time. Can't wait to read more & just wanted to tell you that I'm liking the idea so far! ;)
Demosthenes91 chapter 9 . 6/8/2009
So this is how I spent most of my Sunday. I know I got here from a rec... I can't remember if it was from another author, or from the lionlamb community over on LJ.

All I can say is, I'm glad I followed the rec...

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a slew of damn good WIPs, so, when I hit the end of this chapter, I literally wailed "No" and kicked my legs about...

Sad, but true.

I didn't know if this was a WIP when I started, so now, I have another spectacular and enthralling story I'm on pins and needles for in terms of updating.

*sigh*

And really, this is a great story.

You have a fantastic vocabulary, and you use it quite deftly to color a scene or witty bit of dialogue. The turns of phrases you use and the fluid way the dialogue flows is simply wonderful.

Altho', Tits McGee is hardly what one might call great literature, it's a phrase that made me laugh aloud and will be stuck in my head for awhile!

I'm glad that I at least stumbled upon this after Bella had revealed her 'secret'. One down, one to go...

Granted, as much as I hate waiting, it's great that there truly is mystery here. Because there is no EPOV, we, as readers, are trying to piece everything together just like Bella, and as anti "instant gratification" as that may be, it's also kinda fun. I hate waiting, but it makes the actual reveal that much more worth it.

I greatly look forward to the next chapters, and thank you again for sharing such a wry and well written story with the rest of us.

5,437 | « Prev Page 1 .. 343 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 .. Last Next »