Reviews for The Woods are Lovely, Dark, and Deep
Emilie Fauve chapter 3 . 5/1/2009
I'm curious as to why he got out of bed in the first place to open the door. Had she made some noise to make him curious? And really...was she not curious to see if there was someone else in the room with him...maybe that "Jessica" chick she'd seen earlier? (For the record, I didn't like the casting choice of Jessica for the movie).

What time of year is this, did you ever say? I mean, it's raining, so obviously that rules out one season...are Lauren and Jessica the same age as Bella? Does the entire population of Forks high work/live at this place? :)

And wow...Doris got a knee-jerk reaction from Bella. I know I have definitely wanted to kick random strangers more times than I can count...
Emilie Fauve chapter 2 . 5/1/2009
What do you get when you mix two Stephen King novels and a turn-of-the-century hotel in Forks, Washington? Chapter 2 of a story named after a Robert Frost poem. :)

I think your Bella and I have the same brain. I have definitely been guilty of an overactive imagination where stuffed, taxidermied animals are concerned. They're f-ing creepy.

That Doris is quite the busybody. I can practically see the matchmaking thoughts swirling in her mind as she giggles inwardly about "Mr. Masen." Really, Bella? Like all concert pianists are old and decrepit. You're twenty-one. Go to a piano bar. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I was further concerned with the story when Bella fell out of bed, tangled in her sheets, and hit her head on the table. I did that exact same move not two years ago, my Junior year of college. Only it was out of a bunk bed, and I hit my head on the way down.

Sharks like blood...but so do vampires. [
Emilie Fauve chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Ah, what a lovely start to this series.

The first thing to analyze in any work is the structure. The interweaving of backstory into the rising action worked very well. Bella's narrative voice is extremely gifted at imagery and descriptions, particularly in the backstory, but we don't catch a glimpse of what she was feeling during those times, which might give us a clue as to what brings her to Forks.

Which is precisely the right method to go by. Lure your readers in, make them a part of the story, but don't disclose too much. Just as in real life, full disclosure is a bad idea, in any situation. It should be gradual and subtle, mysterious, and entirely intriguing, in an entirely frustrating way.

Well done. On to chapter 2!
allvampedup chapter 6 . 4/30/2009
Amazing (as ever! I've come to expect nothing less of you!) I'm totally head over heels for your story now. Bella's commentaries have me in stitches - she's hilarious!

What? No food? I confess myself disappointed ;)

Was Lauren with Mike? Maybe I'm dense but I can't remember if Jessica was with him or not... besides, now I hate Lauren even more. Intrigued to find out about her debt...

I adored the opening of this paragraph; it was so visual and mysterious, I had a sort of Eden image in my head. I was blown away by your writing, it was intense and beautiful and I'm in awe of you!

Oh! Thank you very, very much for recommending my story - it makes me giddy to think that somebody likes it enough to suggest it to other people! And your story is so amazing I'm humbled to think that you think mine is even mediocre let alone engrossing.

So now, of course, I'm really excited for your next chapter!
kar0245 chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
I really like your story! It's so easy to get wrapped up in..Also love your playlist! Can't wait for an update ]
Shamatt0403 chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
My curosity is definitely peaked
bemily chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
Thanks for the update. I really liked this chapter - it had the right amount of action and romance. I liked that they had more interaction and Bella switched the questioning back to him and didn't let him off so easy. Lauren's romp adds to the mystery. What was up with that? Great update - thanks.
ResoluteWriter1120 chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
Okay, I really loved this chapter.

It was amazing!

I was on the edge of my seat when they were so close to each other.

Honestly.

Next chapter?

Please?

Some of us can't wait any longer than a few hours..(me!).

But, I guess I'll have to try.

;D

Update soon, please!

I love this story, and I'm EXTREMELY impatient for the next chapter!
sorcerergirl90 chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
god laurens a skank!
cindysark chapter 6 . 4/29/2009
I love it when authors are excited about their next chapters. It means something good is coming our way. I wish you could speed write too because I seriously can't get enough of this story! You really had me going with the teaser you sent, thinking we were going to get some vampire action in this chapter. Instead we got ::ew:: Lauren action!

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
Kelley chapter 5 . 4/28/2009
This is one of the most original stories out of the entire Twilight genre that I've seen. You're an excellent writer. Very detailed and descriptive, and although this is AU, I think you have the essence of these characters nailed. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see what develops with this storyline!
sorcerergirl90 chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
As much as i can't wait for the next chapter, don't skip class. believe me you miss so much it sucks the extra studying you do to catch up! loved this chapter to, you really are a great writer!
giniawest chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
I love the fact that your writing is so descriptive, it makes me feel like I am there...feeling the rain and smelling the linens. I can hardly wait for the next installment...but don't skip class..LOL
ResoluteWriter1120 chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
Come on!

Why'd you stop it here?

;D

Well, it was wonderful!

I loved it, and I cannot wait until you post up the next chapter!

I really want to see what happens!

Amazing writing, amazing story.

Update soon!

:]
bemily chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
Thanks for a little insight on him - two weeks, never socializes. Of course, it just leave me wanting more. And no appearence in this chapter :(

Thanks for the update and hopefully you won't have to skip class for us to get another one.
5,437 | « Prev Page 1 .. 351 358 359 360 361 362 .. Last Next »