Reviews for The Woods are Lovely, Dark, and Deep
allvampedup chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
Man, I love your food references! You always describe the food - I don't know, I guess it's just more personal, but I like it... it's very J.K. Rowling of you!

I bow down to your wit, too. Seriously, Bella's mental commentary is hilarious and, again, it just makes your whole story that much more compelling and sort of reader intimate... you probably have no idea what I'm going on about (this is a little too much babbling!)

And you're much better at updating than me (most are, but still!). I hope you keep this up because I can't wait to read more of your humour and literary genius!

I'm trying to write you a long review - just because I love to receive them myself! Anyway, what more can I really say other that I love, love, love your work and I'm on tenter hooks waiting for more!

Ooh! And Angela's a sweetie, it's good to balance out the skanky bitchiness, we can only handle so much ;)

Thanks for updating!
cindysark chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
I always love Angela :-). I was disappointed that we didn't get any Edward in this chapter but I can see how you needed to fill in some background. In any case, I can't wait for the next chapter!
greengirl34 chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
Christina~

Your story is "like my own personal brand of heroin!" :) Can't wait for more - yea...movie night, sitting next to Edward...so many possibilities!

I'm so glad Angela made an appearance, so Bella has a girlfriend to talk to!

My favorite line: "I don't fucking fawn." Of course, I liked it as I too have an affinity for "fuck and all of its cognates!"

I also liked your author's note about not owning Twilight except for the copy from Barnes and Noble! Now that we have emailed a few times, I can really hear your voice in your story coming through Bella. And no, not just the f-bombs! You also had the T-minus parts and several other parts...I loved the anticipation of this chapter, how she was trying to make it through the time until she sees Edward again.

I only saw 3 errors - I was reading fast...but they weren't anything too bad...definitely fast typing and we will all forgive you for wanting to get it out fast for us!

So...about that little snippet? Do I get to see a preview soon? :)Hope so!

~ Krista
bemily chapter 4 . 4/23/2009
I think Edward is a misunderstood, tortured soul with major issues. With a velvet voice, sex hair and that body! Interesting story - can't wait to see where you take it.
allvampedup chapter 4 . 4/22/2009
I love it! Seriously, I can't wait for more, I'm hooked now. I've gotta say that I love your Jessica (though, obviously she's a skanky bitch) she makes me laugh! Hmm I wonder why Edward needs to come with a warning label - other than being too good-looking for it to be healthy ;) Nah, I don't think he's a jackass, he's obviously been through a lot and, hey, he's trying, right? Can't wait for the movies! Cosied up on a sofa or side by side? Either way, it's about to get interesting! Looking forward to your next update! But, remember to take your own advice and take it easy ;) Beautiful story so far and I'm sure it won't disappoint!
lanamoosh chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
I read the first two chapters on and had to come over here to see if there were any more. Yay! There were. Of course, that means I'll have to wait longer over there for something new, unless you post the newest of the new here and wait patiently for the other to catch up. Is that confusing or what?

Anyway, it was better than Cats!

Rest easy. No glaring grammatical errors either. I'm really a stickler for those (not that you can tell by my reviews, but that's beside the point).

I love Bella for her clumsiness and her insecurities. I hope she won't forever be teenage crush Bella around Edward, but I don't blame her for the initial meeting. I mean, serious, if I met him in the middle of the night, I'd be there too. I'm curious what has poor Edward moaning and crying and whatnot. The whole screwing Doris and other quips had me laughing out load at my computer (which elicited strange looks from husband, but oh well).

Thanks for the story. Does a long review equal quicker updates? I can be verbose.

-L
Shamatt0403 chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
okay my curosity is definitely peaked. You have some of the funniest lines in this story. Bella trying hard not to picture Edward naked - Damn there he is. Adding this to my favorites.
ResoluteWriter1120 chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
Sigh..

Who couldn't love an even more tortured Edward?

;D

Anyway, loved this chapter!

Can't wait to see what happens at the movie!

Update VERY soon please!

:]
giniawest chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
This is very well written, and I love Doris. She reminds me of my meddlesome grandmother. LOL Yes, I think that Edward is tortured, but isn't that why we all love him so. We all want to kiss away his pain! Hm

I look forward to the next chapter...

~Ginia
sorcerergirl90 chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
i hate when edward gets so cryptic. it is so haed to figure out what he is trying to say.
cindysark chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
I'm totally in to this story right now and can't wait for more! I'm excited for their 'non date'!
Hayley chapter 4 . 4/21/2009
Hey,

I feel I need to say a few things, contextually, so you fully understand my review.

Firstly, I am particular about fluidity.

Secondly, I am a speed reader. That sounds stupid... I mean it in a serious word per minute way. Description doesn't get lost, but it means my emotional reactions precede my intellectual.

Thirdly, I am a stickler for humour. It doesn't matter how 'Syliva Plath' someone thinks they are, I want some.

Now, how to put this?

You. Need. To. Write. Your. Own. Book.

I LOVED the way you wrote, it was truly a pleasure! I say things like 'truly a pleasure' and I used capitals for emphasis. That's how much I like your writing. It was so fun! The comment about the name Bella Swan being reminiscent of a "fat bird" had me laughing so hard my mother thought I was having an episode. She came in my room and gave me that ‘shush now, you adopted child’ look. Please. Write a book. No. A saga. Then I will read it and be content for the rest of my days. You already have the skills, just think of a plot. (ha ha).

Good Luck and Thankyou.

PS If I spell funny it’s because I’m Australian – we do things different Down Under.

PPS Your use of inoffensive swearing is particularly endearing. Keep it.
greengirl34 chapter 3 . 4/21/2009
Great description of Mr. Masen - I love the boxers and thin t-shirt and especially love the green eyes, I always wanted to see Edward with green eyes ever since Carlisle mentioned it in New Moon, thanks for fulfilling that wish! :)

I liked the Red Timber Lodge - Established in 1901 - nice touch!

Jessica AND Lauren - high school all over again! LOL!

I love all of your setting description - very detailed!

So, can Edward read minds even thought he isn't a vampire? I know in S.M.'s stories he mentions that they all carry special talents with them when they become vampires and they are intensified, so are you running with that? Just wondering!

Thank you!
cindysark chapter 3 . 4/21/2009
I love it so far and love the descriptiveness of it. I know you said you were worried about it as well as how long the chapters are but I think you are doing a great job and in my opinion, chapters can never be too long! Can't wait for more!
SimplyDazzling chapter 3 . 4/19/2009
This is story is incredible. Absolutely incredible- and it's new, so I'm totally excited for what's to come. It's so beautifully-written and well done, you have me completely hooked. I really love your writing style, and love what you've done with the plotline. Seriously though, the angst you've done so far is also beautifully done, and has just the perfect amount to make it fantastic. Oh, and I also love Darkward. xD

I really can't wait to see where this story goes, and for the next chapter. I hope you update really soon!~ Keep up the AMAZING writing(:

-Justine