Reviews for Brothers
trisha2364 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This was nice to read. I know I miss the brotherly relationship the way it used to be. But, I think Kim Manners was behind most of that. Now that he is gone, I don't think we are going to see that wonderful brother stuff we all wish we could see again. So... Thanks for this.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
What a wonderful and sweet story. It is so nice to 'see' Dean and Sam being brothers and the bond they share, the brothers we all love even if Kripke won't write them for us.

The faith that Sam had in his brother, knowing Dean would wake up when Castiel came to visit was perfect.

Nice touch Castiel developing a sense of humor.

I did like the message the angel had to deliver to Sam, I would hope that Sam is still praying.

The scenes in the park, first with Dean as he told Castiel any messages need to be delivered to both brothers and than Sam meeting with the angel with Dean in the background, just the way it should be.

Brothers, that's why we love the show.

Thanks again for sharing another story with us.

Until next time, take care.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
What a beautiful, imaginative and powerful story.

That bond between Sam and Dean managed to get past anything, even celestial intervention. If that's for naught, I don't know what anymore.

The start with Sammy being terrified by Castiel's presence broke my heart, to be honest. Yet, I was also incredibly proud that Dean didn't only wake up at Sam's plea but took this opportunity to get some things straight with the angel as well the next morning.

And I bet Castiel did learn an important lesson, just like the two brothers did, each in their way.

I was also very fond of the humour you featured between both Sam and Dean and even Castiel. Oh, to see the (beyond any doubt priceless) look on Dean's face when the angel delievered the message about his protecting his brother like a mother would her child! LOL

Very well done.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Okay, you.

Yes, you. I'm talking to YOU, clair beaubien.

You need to get hired by the CW like YESTERDAY, because YOU understand that the brothers are supposed to... y'know BE BROTHERS.

Bravo. Really, I mean it.

Spec-fricken-tacular.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This was plain beautiful!

To be absolutely honest with you, this excellent piece makes me miss the brotherly bond on the show even more. It was everything I dearly crave now that they constantly seem to be at each others' throats.

And I really loved the message Sam was sent via Castiel. I think that is exactly what the little guy needs to hear to stray from his rage-driven path.

In this wonderfully written OneShot they really, REALLY, R.E.A.L.L.Y. felt like brothers again. And united they can face anything, just as Dean said, "Bring it on!"

With this hopeful fic you made my entire week!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
awesome, awesome, awesome stuff. I LOVE the bond between those boys more than anything and this was a beautiful story showcasing that.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This was great! It was one of my favorites! I loved that Dean would hear Sam even though Castiel said he couldn't. That was perfect. I also particularly liked the "Sam gave him a 'please' look. ... "You think I don't know my big brother?" Priceless!
DangerousDiamondDarling chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Aww, that was sweet XD
always.me.britt chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
brothers. BROTHERS. bro-freaking-thers. (okay the last one didn't realy make any sense, but whatever.)

i wish the show (and kripke) would get it into their thick skulls that sam and dean are brothers. dean's not the only winchester standing. i've been patiently waiting all season for some insifht into sam, and still nada.

but that is neither here nor there. what matters is that this adorable fic FINALLY showed some cute-brotherly stuff that thee show hasn't shown in such a long time. dean went to HELL for sam, but not they barely talk.

and i LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED cas responding to sam, because, really, sam was the religious one. he believed in god&angels when dean didn't, but he's the one who the freaking angles won't shake hands with. like he's got a contagious disease or something.

and dean being so adorably perfectly overprotective? we need it in tthe show. NOW. thank you for this, and i'm going to pretend it was actually in the show, and that it's canon because it beats a lot of the stuff going on right now.

:) loved it.

britt
Rachelly chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Aw...this was really sweet! I loved how protective Dean was when it came to Sam...waking when his brother called, going to Castiel to warn him off of going directly to Sam without him being there, etc. I loved how Sam was persistant to call for Dean even when Cas said it wouldn't do anything...still believing in Dean and needing him regardless of the situation presented to him. I liked the banter between the brothers, the message from Castiel, and how you wrote all of them. I love that Sam is praying and has faith in this piece. I so miss the Sam and Dean you presented here. In my humble opinion, you write them as the should be...bonded, connected, dedicated, communicating,and as a team. I so miss them this way! Great ficlet!
spnMom chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This was great! It relieved some of the stress I have been feeling this season.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
What a simple and sweet idea! I love it. And the not-less-significant idea of God wanting Sam to know that He heard his prayers. Or Cas developing a sense of humor. I especially loved the phrase "a breath of feathers." Perfect image.
sidjack chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
This brought such a smile to my face...I love a protective Dean and the fact that he can hear Sam ANYWHERE!

Hope to see more for this story, it deserves a sequel.

sid
RhiannonNymph chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Aw. This was just perfect. Very in character, and I loved that Sam was still able to wake Dean up, and the part about the mother and child thing. That's something I'd like to see.

) Great job.
staceycj chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
You know, call me werid, but even with all of the crap those two are going through right now, I think this is completely and totally possible. Go you.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »