Reviews for A Kind Word
FishieWeasleyLupin chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Awesome job. Made me feel so bad for Remus until he met Tonks. Eeep that was amazing!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Awww!
Louey06 chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wonderful story. poor remus! At least he's a made a new friend, a very good friend at that. Nicely done!
averysubtlegift chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This was really lovely. I love the character of Lupin. I often wish there had been more of a reason to see Lupin and Sirius in the actual HP books. (although I certainly understand the wisdom on JKs part of their limited page space, they were "children's" books after all.) I always felt he was a character that exemplified the idea that what you are doesn't ever define who you are - and you did a lovely job here of showing how hard a thing that probably was for him. How easily he could have slipped into being what others thought him to be - how almost justified that might have been based on how he was treated. But once again, he rises above. I love that you show the impact a meeting like this, with Tonks, could have had on him. Especially at such a dark hour. Lovely.
NixDucky chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
I haven't read many HP fics but I loved this one!
xrifree chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
that was lovely. It had a very dark feeling to it, almost like a film noir. Remus always has been my favourite character, i wish we got to see him more. And Tonks is adorable of course
SingBenihime chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This is a beautiful and unique story. Perfect characterisation, introductions, descriptions, literary devices...just everything! It was a really good read, thank you 3
ShineOnStaley chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I can't believe there are only 7 reviews for this brilliant story. The characterization of Remus is fantastic- very canon, very believable. The story is intense and powerful and heart-wrenching; I didn't want it to end!

This is definitely one of my favorite Lupin fics, ever!
Lilynette chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
Thanks for this great story! I really enjoyed it. I think Remus's character was very wel done.
ShoshanaFlower chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Superb! This is what I most desire of fanfiction: a canonical, well-written glimpse at a character (and relationship) with detail that couldn't fit into the books. Thank you for the lovely characterizations and dialog (and occasional humor - poor Snape!).
DragonDi chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Oh, where do I begin? *rubs hands together in anticipation* There are so many fabulous lines and things about this story! And your characterizations are so nice!

You did a great job of describing the knocker and the locks into Grimmauld Place. I could almost see the snake (and got a little creeped out at the thought of it with red eyes).

Loved this: "The last thing he needed right now was to sit through a row between Sirius and Molly or Sirius and Severus. . .or Sirius and anybody, for that matter. All he longed for was a hot bath and a deep, dreamless sleep beneath the softest duvet man and goose ever produced. Was that too much to ask?

Yes, he thought grimly as he opened the door; given his luck lately, it probably was."

Poor Remus. I think he probably had plenty of those sorts of days. 'Softest duvet man and goose ever produced...' Sounds comfy!

Snape is so appropriately snarky-and I love Tonks' comment that he'd probably not been under a woman in ages.

I feel so sorry for Remus. What a miserable time in 'Azkaban South' (loved that, by the way) and that landlord-I just wanted to punch him. And all Remus has is his dignity... Dignity doesn't keep you warm at night, though, and I hate that he feels he has to sacrifice that occasionally.

But I love that whole bit between Remus and Tonks. Love his reticence, his disbelief that she could want to know him, that she could possibly know what he is. I love her wholehearted acceptance. And I would LOVE to read what happened when Tonks goes to see Swindley the next morning. Because you know she gave him hell. (And deservedly so!)

Love it! Love that it ends up on a hopeful note, even after the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day that Remus had! :) Well done!
ZedPM chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Perfect! Simply perfect. I love how you had Tonks comfort him without even knowing it, and I thought the handshake was a very nice touch. (Had to laugh at her comment about Snape... :P)

Brilliant!
SomethingBorrowed chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I like how dignified Remus is in the face of such horrible discrimination. I also like how you wrote Tonks. She isn't content to just sympathize with Remus. She choses to act and do something to help him. Great Story!
huntinghelene chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I loved this portrait of Remus,

I always liked the way JKR used werewolves, house elves etc as a metaphor for discrimination, and you bring Remus' feelings of persecution out very well.

I think how you've portrayed his reaction to his persecution (Especially when things just keep getting worse for him thanks to the Ministry!) is spot on: Dignified on the outside but crumbling on the inside using sheer will to hold himself together.

And the love of our friends can really help with that sheer will thing :-D

Thanks for writing!

HH
KagomeHig715 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
THis was ...wow. You are an amazing author. You put the picture in my mind so clearly.. and this was just to darn cute!