Reviews for Cinders
VioletErin.26 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Poor rodney. Heart broken. Yeah nice to see everyone so concerned
Formosa Non Katalaveno chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Hey! This story was great. I really liked it. I thought Rodney's thoughts about everything, his guilt, the want to go to the village, and finding the little girl, were spot on. (what does that saying even mean?) You know, I've always found it funny how Rodney hates kids so much, and yet they seem to flock to him. It's like this friend of mine who is allergic to dogs (so sad) but dogs always want to come up to her...LOL.

So, again, great story!
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
A phoenix-like story, hope and life rising from the ashes. I like that it wasn't the Wraith or the threat of the week that caused the destruction, it was a natural disaster.
deblease chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
good story.
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This works very well - your descriptions are vivid and effective, and I adore the snarky, non-schmoopy interaction between Rodney and Lin.
Kaizoku-Taii chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Woo, loved this! (as always ]) i particularily like Lin, and that Rodney actually tried to help her. I also thought the "Dont go to sleep" bit was good, just cause Lin is actually a help (even though rodney doesnt admit/realise it)

Sorry i cont relli say much more, im too tired ot think today [

Loves you as always

Kai xx
mudstalker chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
I thought Lin was cute. Good story.
numom1 chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Very nice story. I love the Rodney h/c and how Lin's father survived the fire and was bringing help despite Rodney's doubts. Very good and enjoyable short story! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

lily moonlight chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Gah, okay, you know there might be some nagging about a certain other TV show in this review, resign yourself it, but then you can have fun berating me in a review reply :P That's nice that you had fun with your last SGA fic, so much so you have since written another... but please, don't forget your Other Readers! Right, let's try and write a sensible review :D Poor Rodney! Gosh, you are mean to this poor guy! I see from the summary of the other story I'll review in a bit, that you've had him waking up again from some trauma. More character torture? But you do it very well, it has to be said (please continue your character torture over at NY though as well XD) Oh, that sounded so, so wrong... Anyway. Yes, very good, I like the way you write the characters, and as always, I love your descriptions, they're a treat to read. This was full of a feel of fire and smoke, and I loved the description of Rodney feeling like ash was layered inside his mouth. And this too at the beginning, 'Smoke choked the air, coiling snake-like upwards, rising sparks gleaming though the gloom like hundreds of glittering eyes. The sky was dark, heavy with unnatural clouds of ash and fumes.' Very good. Onto the next!
Trishkafibble chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Oh, lovely! You have some gorgeous descriptions here-very lyrical, yet fitted well to the rest of the narration. And although it's a very simple story, I was drawn right in. Very enjoyable! Thanks!
Aelfgyfu chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Very nice!

If I might offer a word of constructive criticism? This story feels like it's skipping back and forth between Rodney's point of view and John's. I notice it particularly because it's something I've been working on myself, making sure I stay firmly in one point of view in each scene.

I do like the story. Rodney is *not* the cold-hearted man others sometimes think he is, and sometimes even he thinks he is. He *is* proud enough to think that he should be able to avert almost any disaster.

I think Rodney is uncomfortable with children because they're a little too much like him: they tend to be very fixed in the present, very focused on their own needs and worries. But that's why John gets along with them so well! He's just a big kid himself! Neither John nor Rodney ever really grew up, but John realized it, and Rodney doesn't.
LinziDay chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Very nice! Great whumpy fic.
NotTasha chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I love McKay stories with children. He claims to hate them, yet you can tell that he is one with them. And he feels things so deeply, even though he tries to ignore that. Great story
Chief of the Furlings chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Very nice, I liked the Rodney characterisation especially (and the descriptions of the destroyed world). Lovely interplay between McKay and Lin too!

Looking forward to more :)
ElisaD263 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Oh WOW! Well done! Very descriptive imagery! I could "see" the destruction of the land..well done!

Rodney and John's voices were spot on and of course the Rodney whumping...what can I say...loved it! Really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope to see another story from you and soon!