Reviews for Endurance
extracutegurl9 chapter 2 . 4/25/2014
I like this Susan
rosebudmelissa chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Wow. That's everything I could with for Susan right there. Wonderful.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Wow. There are quite a few Susan stories, but most of them don't quite ring true. This one does. Susan is such a practical person, that this insight into her mind makes sense to me. Nicely done.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 12/27/2011
Oh, brilliant. All things are possible with God.

And somehow, in this version of the world, I suspect Princess Diana might well have become interested in Lucy's Cordial as well.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
I loved this story. It seems very true to Susan, not to mention being rather moving, most especially when played with Avril Lavigne's Remember When. Do you know if that was the song it was mentioned Susan played in 'Once a Queen'? (It's wildly out of date, but I often do little things like that too.)

Great story!

Caity :)

P.S. Oh. My. God. Another UU writer. And one that writes Narnia and describes themselves as rather similar too me, too. This is very, very odd. Yet definitely cool, too. (Wow, I'm rambling? going slightly overboard, aren't I? I should probably go now...) :)
marmota-b chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
I like this. You're right that it does not sound entirely like a newspaper article, but it could very well be an article in some sort of independent, church or other, magazine, drawing from the real newspaper article.

I particularly like the way Susan lived her life - drawing from Lucy's life, but ultimately making it her own.
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 2 . 10/9/2010
I hadn't put this story on Story Alert, so I just caught this update. I had never thought Susan gave herself enough credit, either in the books or in the movies. Thank you for this attempt on her part to try to overcome and transcend that tendancy.
Nyah1 chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Thank you for writing that story. I really had a problem with the ending of the book. I felt truly sad and melancholy, when it was said, that Susan wasn't Narnian anymore and that she was more interested in nylons and lipstick (or something like that). I thought it unfair, that she had to go on with life totally alone without her beloved siblings and one couldn't know from the book, why she became that person, that seemingly didn't deserve to go back to Narnia.

And your story opend my eyes to the fact, that the circumstances don't mean, that Susan will surely go to "hell" and never see her siblings again.

I hope you kind of get, what I'm trying to say . Well, thank you for writing this. It really gave me something and it was well written ;)
guardyanangel chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
Absolutely lovely, a great look at Susan in the way she likely was after Narnia and after her family's death. I love the way you wrote the Remembrance, it seems only fitting that Susan would go on to heal people (and herself) in a way that she knew how.

I also loved the part about her saying that it was best that she was the one left behind- it's fitting, and very true. The others were never able to reconcile their past with the present in the way that she did, and it would have hurt them to have remained behind when the others went on.

Beautiful piece of work. Please keep writing!

Guardy
bookworm chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
I really enjoyed this. I've never believed Susan was beyond redemption, and rightly, "they also serve who only stand and wait". This feels as if it would really be the path the Gentle Queen would take. Thank you!
Eavis chapter 2 . 9/10/2010
Excellent! Pretty much the whole thing 'worked for' me. Well done! And the idea of the children's medical organization being called 'Lucy's Cordial' was splendid.

Lion's Blessing,

Eavis
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Like a previous reviewer, I really like your take on why Susan was no longer a friend of Narnia. She's thrown in the towel because she thought she had no choice and that seemed the logical thing to do. But, there are some things that transcend logic.
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I got goosebumps reading. C.S. Lewis was an amazing writer to leave things to the imagination. But I really want to know what he would want to happen to Susan. I love what you did though. Great job!
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I have always been bitter about what happened to Susan in these stories. As a kid I was confused and bitter, as a disenfranchised college student I was angry and bitter, and these sayd I lean more towards just sad and bitter. But I really like your take on why she may have behaved the way she did, and you give me a little ray of hope for what happens to her afterwards, something C.S. Lewis never did. Thanks! Well written, coherent, and intriguing. Favorited!
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Such a twisted ending could be either hopeful or not. It's sad. (The fic, not the way the ending is written.)