Reviews for Golden Years
Chrissy chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
I loved all of them, no favorite. Very good characterization. Hard to find good prose on this subject, and I can only imagine the poetry, but these are a happy exception.
Alyse Arden chapter 4 . 6/11/2012
Forgiveness broke my heart a little.
sondragonfly chapter 4 . 7/6/2011
Another great Drabble series. Nothing beats phedre and joscelin fics :) Forgiveness was my fave... So bittersweet.
Meesh chapter 4 . 5/27/2011
*clasps hands together* Oh, your very last drabble (forgiveness) was... just lovely. Bittersweet, calm yet passionate. It showcased them wonderfully. Thank you for the drabbles!
Melitot Proud Eye chapter 3 . 10/30/2010
I loved them all - the rythm, the word choosing, their balance, and the fact that every drabble remains true to the original characters, creating a significant vignette.

Good job ;-)
PersonaFanforLife chapter 4 . 11/17/2009
I like this one the best i loved the books so i am glad some people are writing stories about it. Anyways i think you should do more and i will make sure i am reading them.
Rockstar with a Vendetta chapter 4 . 9/2/2009
I didn't actually think they would have a category for Kushiel - sadly, it is glorious and unknown - but they did...and I loved these drabbles. My favorite was probably "Forgiveness." Ph├Ędre may not be willing to have children, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want them, per se, and I think you caught her emotions beautifully.

"What are you doing to me?" she asked, escaping from his hands only to return again.

This time he laughed. "I don't know."

I loved that line!

I think you captured Joscelin's occasional doubt and overwhelming devotion and love wonderfully.
redflame1020 chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
They were all very cute and well written. I love how you worked with Joscelin's character alot, for I've always wanted to see more of him in the books!
Blue Jeans chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
Lovely. Just lovely. And my favorite couple of all time, nonetheless. You used much of the language of the book and now I'm nostalgic... ah, I think I shall go reread the three again.

Very well done.

illereyn chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
oh YAY!

Kushiel's legacy fanfic! There's so little on this site...

Liked your drabbles, though some of them I didn't understan - forgiveness, for instance? Is Phedre apologising her inability to have children? But then I always thought that was a decision of Joscelin's, cinging to the last vestiges of his Cassiline vow. On the other hand, Nature, especially, was interesting and humorously quirky.
Frek chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
Absolutely loved these drabbles! There are definitely not enough fics for this amazing universe. Thanks!

The One and Only

mspotts chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
Wonderful work. Truly, I never imagined anyone could have such skill in capturing the essence of both Joscelin and Phedre. It takes great skill and I applaud your proficiency. I'd love to see more!
MooCow chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
So, I haven't been paying attention and so I'm sorry for only just now realizing that you've updated.

I like these three. Though Truth made me laugh, I'd say Rules is my favorite for the implications that it creates. [:
Funsmoke chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Couple pieces of critique first. In 'Colour,' you mention the Skaldic thanes returning with 'Terre d'Ange blood on their swords.' It's a bit awkward, you could consider swapping 'd'Angeline.'

Also, in questions, 'a Siovale son' should probably be either 'Siovalese' or 'a son of Siovale.'

That, and a couple of typos (which are rampant in my own fics) are the only criticisms I have. I read these drabbles over on Elua's Children, and I thought they were great there, too. Thanks for posting a Kushiel fic.
bazjack chapter 2 . 5/5/2009
Lovely! My favorite sentence:

Kushiel's Chosen bowed only to the whims of gods and fate - and her temperamental seamstress.

You have definitely captured the tone of the series. I've read it several times and in the middle of another cycle of it; this fits right in.