Reviews for The Truth of the Matter
MadamWriterGal chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I loved the idea of this story! I never thought about how the events of the show would be passed on by future generations, but this fan fiction helped me to see outside the box, especially in terms of my own writing. Keep up the good work with everything!
Musette Fujiwara chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I loved it...

it was really cute...
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I always did liked stories where the main cast of characters had become older and got children or grandchildren and telling them stories of their time, often with the kids not knowing who their storyteller really is. I was a little taken back the grandfather was actually Van, seeing how his great-grandchildren referred to him as "Grandfather".

/Because the best of tales are driven by far more than simple fighting; there must always be a motivation for the fighting to begin. And Fanelia’s story was no exception. For be it love of country, love of power, love of bloodshed, love of family, or love of a different kind entirely, at its heart, the great story of Escaflowne was a story of love./

Absolutely loved this last part. It summed everything up so perfectly and wonderfully. Great job!
katididnot chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
i really, really loved this! it was very well written and it had an amazing ending! this is going on my favorites.

keep up the good work!

Katy )
thepinkmartini chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I love the last line of the story! It captured the essence of what you were trying to convey throughout the whole oneshot.
DireSphinx chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I think I loved the taunt at the top the most - it's so totally true! Ironic truths amuse me. But as for the story itself, it's a nice tale. I was secretly hoping that at the end, the one detail Van omits would be that the queen was actually Hitomi. He never specifically states who the queen is, and he would never forget her even if he married her. I really liked the last paragraph - it makes a statement. Good job!
La Dormeuse chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Very sweet, slightly bittersweet, but nice tale nonetheless.

I like how you've completely switched around the point of view. Very clever

Sina xx
mysisterisasquijum chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This is a wonderful little story you've created here. I hope to see some more Escaflowne stuff.

Mysiserisasquijum