Reviews for The Bride of Sacae
Ligare chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
It is a touching tradition. I think every couple, if they stay together long enough, will eventually produce those little personal knickknacks that make their relationship uniquely theirs. Diamonds are popular as wedding stones because they last but there's something eternal as well in the constant re-affirmation of the ephemerals.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I SO called that they would make each other grass rings! XD But yeah, it definitely seems like Lorca weddings would've been elaborate and last a week with tons of dancing and celebration. And I would also imagine that Lyn, even if she's a tomboy, would've had dreamed of having her own wedding at one point of her life. On Kent's part, there was no doubt that he would've wanted a kind of wedding (he's most definitely an old-fashioned type). Either way, your tradition that you made up was super cute and rather romantic ).
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Er, two paragraphs in and I'm already loving your imagery. STOPPIT. (Now that I've discovered exactly how much I love concrit, I'm trying really hard to give it to others upon occasion...AND YOU DON'T MAKE IT EASY xD.)

[he doubted that he would have been able to find the thought humorous or truthful in any way.] I'm feeling really nitpicky today, for some reason, so I'm gonna go ahead and give my opinion in that those two concepts-"humorous" and "truthful"-seem a bit odd in such close context, because they aren't even remotely related. Perhaps if you had worded it as "to find the thought truthful-or even humorous" or something...?

[might have broken his heart.] THIS...just the very end of a sentence...this is great. It packs so much emotion.

[now he has a family to take care of.] The concept of patriarch!Kent is SO CUTE. OH MY GOSH xD. He would make such a good head-of-t3h-family figure.

[His reminder is gentle, soft, whispered.] I like how you use three EXTREMELY similar words there, but it doesn't raise the little red flag of REDUNDANCY ALERT, because they're all used with a different connotation.

[It had taken him time to get used to the fact that they would never have a wedding, not a customary one. Being very traditional himself, adjusting to the thought of the sacrilege that the lack of a wedding suggested was difficult.] THAT'S a cool spin. An INSANELY cool spin. I love how you brought religion into this!

[She ended up asking him.] That also seems typical. That Kent would keep his mouth shut and ultimately Lyn would be the one to bring him.

Aww, the rings! That's so cute! And...fitting, really. It combines their cultures, but is also kind-of sad, since it's the result of neither of them being able to have their OWN idea of a wedding. But it's nice that even if a Lycian or Lorcan wedding is impossible, they can make up their own way to be together forever. (Wow. We're shameless shippers, you realize that? Shameless.

...OH WELLZ.)

Lovelovelove,

Kender
jordan114725 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I love this new fic; it is pretty original (I think). I love how you start with getting up in the morning. I do the same thing, except I don't have a gf to cuddle with :(

I also like the how issue of their different marriage customs is talked about. I found that quite interesting.

Overall, really good. Can't wait until the next fic!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh, you've gone and made me sad; I've realized that it may be a while before I go to another wedding. :C

The fact that I'm being a dork and watching "Bye Bye Butterfree"-which is possibly one of the saddest episodes of Pokemon ever-doesn't help much, either.

But gah. Good grief, this was so cute and sweet and adorable and ah I want more more more more more!

...I can't even pick a favorite line. CURSE YOU.

But making a new ring every month... It may be tedious, but if it's the one you love, then it's well worth it.

Alright. That's all I gotta say, Manna. Good job!

[Xirysa]
Ethereally chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
... I have nothing more to say.

I... I...