Reviews for Grimm: A Fairy's Tale
Rosalind Fairchilde chapter 11 . 10/9
An awesome tale wonderfully written and yet, THERE'S NO SEQUEL. A sequel was promised, one which I hope to someday read. IF it's every posted that is
Itc chapter 11 . 4/19
A month? Looks,to have turned in to 5 years. Just saying.
Sar'Kalu chapter 11 . 1/16
And yet, despite promises to the otherwise, Grimm II has yet to appear, years after the Firsts publishing. Still, even without a second, the first is just as good in and of itself.
Zelara chapter 10 . 1/9
I love this story, and am eager to see more of it, but I can't seem to find the sequel you mention. Is it not on FFN?
Leicontis chapter 3 . 12/16/2014
I absolutely love your world-building. Your depictions of fae remind me of Neil Gaiman - rich, strange, and compelling.
reality deviant chapter 11 . 12/3/2014
a very lovely fic- i loved the way you depicted the fey, and their inclusion as well
Harriverse chapter 10 . 10/25/2014
I have enjoyed your very creative world. It's amazing and interesting. Harry is again thrust into situations that no child should be in, and yet he pulls it off. Good use of Aberforth as a character. He's not used very often. And Albus being cursed by his interest in why Gelert went bad? That actually makes sense in your world.
coolcat12345 chapter 6 . 10/14/2014
Beautiful,descriptions are was uprooted in traditions in books,I think.I feel as your fey are combination of Changeling:Dreaming/Lost,Iron Fey and Dresden Files,as well original tales.
Arashi - IV of VI chapter 11 . 9/4/2014
Loved it.
Cynder2013 chapter 3 . 8/31/2014
You write Faeries much better than I do. You got how they should think and everything.
jaguar chapter 10 . 8/6/2014
Will you ever post the sequel?
Rexnos chapter 11 . 7/17/2014
I rather liked this story. You went a step farther in imagery than most stories on this site do and that was distinctly a good thing. It gave the story a certain dark beauty. I also liked the relationships that Harry was cultivating with the Fae around him. They looked like they had a lot of potential moving into the future.

At times the story felt a bit confusing, typically because you were trying to share character's feelings and thoughts while also trying to move a scene forward. It left the narrative feeling disjointed and confused, but the occurrences were few and far between. I hope you decide to continue this.

coolcat12345 chapter 10 . 7/2/2014
I can't wait for sequel!I like how Maeve is like parent to him,although he respects Lily and James, still lives her more, as she gave him reason to live.I would like seeing Maeve going with Harry to buy wand and other stuff.I hope that you will get him same one as in books ( but maybe strenghtened with power of Winter, as wands represent owners:phoenix feather for Sun rune, essence of Winter for Maeve's influence) and for him to be sorted in Gryfindor, for he certainly is brave, and please let him be friend other children ( but not at same level as with Fey).And Summer Court, maybe Maeve and Titania striking alliance and although they would never admit it, become vitrolic friends, maybe even sisters?
coolcat12345 chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
Great.I love it.I can't decide who is older, egg or chicken?Fae or human?Dreamer or motivation? It seems that some are older than humans, as Maeve said that she was born in first winter.I would like to see Summer and Titania?Could she be pulling same, but more subtle scheme?With Luna maybe being marked to Winter, but in time of Summer?I hope you won't make elemental powers exclusive only to one court as people now do with them, but same,only used helps with climate,warms with fire,cools with air,fertiles the earth and pours water to those who need it, while Winter causes storms, steals fire, freezes with wind, banishes life from earth and creates ice.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/16/2014
The colour of onyx, you say? According to wikipedia, onyx can come in almost any colour.