Reviews for I'd Lie
prettyflower34 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Aw how sweet!
Harmonious Wolf chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
AWWWE! I 3 Daiyako, it's a shame there aren't more of them. Daisuke is so adorable, and Miyako really is beautiful. Daiyako FTW! ~Har~
can't think chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
aww, that was cute, sweet and funny! good job!
fireangel08 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This was a great fic and I absolutely loved it! Daiyako is one of my favorite couples and I'm glad I found this because there aren't many great stories (like yours) around this site. Obviously this is going into my faves, thanks for writing this.
Tamara Caitlyn chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
It was a great story. You put a lot of details in. I loved that. Also, you didn't focus you story on Daisuke and Miyako. You showed the other's lives too. That person who was mean about you telling the other's stories too, don't listen to her. It's not focusing on the main people that make a story, there needs to be other's involved too. Putting a background on them, loved it so much. Told me who was with who. Don't listen to that kind of critisisum (still can't spell. LoL.) but the good critisisum. The kind that helps. Hoped I helped you! Hope for more awsome stories from you. Don't stop writing.

Tamara Caitlyn.

P.S.

This is my real pen name, I was just to lazy to log in. Ha ha.
mynameism chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Oh my God. I love this. So much.

It's so sweet.

Daiyako is one of my favorite couples.
spacemen chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
This is really good.
BenignUser chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I feel that there's something missing in this fic... like, the story, for example. There's no real plot, no character development, no purpose.

I wanted to like this, I really did. I read your summary and it instantly snagged my attention. I expected a wonderful and cute read. And I'm going to be honest here when I say I didn't really get what I wanted at all.

You spend a lot of time talking about things that don't really hold any interest for me; things like who's going to be in who's car, what car models they'll be driving in, how hot Miyako thinks Taichi and Yamato are, even the bit about Daisuke being born as an Aries - I realize it that was supposed to be a joke, but it completely flew over my head and I didn't find it the least bit funny.

Even further along there are too many things I didn't care about, such as in what order the Chosen got out of their cars, how Yamato and Sora broke up and now she's with Jyou, and even the Chosen talking about how their drive was (I think you should have written how the drive was; it would have had a stronger effect for you to show us what happened instead of having the Chosen telling us about it instead).

You talk a lot about how hot Daisuke is and how attracted the other girls are to him, but there's never any real reason for their attraction beyond that. A forty-five hundred word story is enough to write about a blossoming romance between Miyako and Daisuke, but that didn't happen here - Miyako is already in love with Daisuke before the story even begins, and I'm given no reason why that's so.

Sure, I can easily accept that, but it doesn't leave me with an interesting read. This then brings my up my opening point; this single fact denies the fic any plot or character development. Miyako and Daisuke are the exact same people at the beginning of the story as they are at the end. Nothing has changed for them: they were in love with each other then, they are still in love with each other now. So what is the point? And please don't tell me it's Miyako's confession.

Focusing on their romance as it progresses from friendship to attraction to love would have been the solution to the current lack of development. It means a lot more to read about this development then to read about the characters talking about it.

For example, I would have liked to read about all the events that Miyako spoke to Sora about. I would have wanted to read about Daisuke playing his guitar for her, I would have liked to read about Miyako waking up in the morning only to realize that Daisuke's still on her mind. I would have liked to read about Miyako coming to her decision to wear make up on for the single reason of trying to get Daisuke's attention. I would have liked to read about her thought process as she put on this make up.

You told us a story; you have a backbone for it already planned out here, but it hasn't been written yet. What you have here is not the story of Daisuke and Miyako's romance - it's just another story.
PrincessJaded chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Ah this was so cute! And I don't even like Daiyako! So kudos to you!

I wish it would have been a chapter fic because there's the little underlying stories, like Jyou and Sora, or the TaixMimixMatt triangle.

Anyway, this was great! :D