Reviews for The Man That Got Away
ryouko70 chapter 1 . 4/24
Wonderful story! Would not have known that English is your second language. Your grammar and spelling are better than many native speakers. Thanks for sharing this!
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Very cool story! I liked that Rorschach felt natural as the caregiver as well as his non-jokes, and the American slant felt just right.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Neat!
Tom Phan chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
really enjoyed the work, though i would argue how much walter would baby owl like this. yeah, he's not rorschach yet, but still.
Hekateras chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Simply amazing. The narrative is both gripping and whimsical and amusing, and both Dan's and Rory's voices are spot-on.
Ambiguous Umbra chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Absolutely loved your story. The dialog was spot-on and your style is just the kind of writing I love to read. Great job. :)
Knight Watcher chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Now that's a Watchmen story. At first I wasn't that into it, but as it went on, I just kept reading because I wanted to see where it went.

See if I said ends... I would end up in the final few panels chat with Manhattan in that he'd say it never ends.
Mad Bertha chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
I keep coming back to this story because you have captured the nuances of their relationship so skilfully and touchingly. The awkward, sparse yet sincere signs of Rorschach's care, and why these two are good foils for each other. And not a slash! Plus how daniel first sees the signs of rorschach's deterioration, suspecting not quite accepting what's happening. Well done, hope to see more.
WrathoftheElite chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Touching and absolutely beautiful.

First of all I would like to say that your English is great! Much better than my French second language-wise.

Second I like the whole idea of the Mother-Hen Rorschach. Especially due to the fact that he does it in his own wstrange way (because the poor guy didn't have any motherly love...:()

The part that made me laugh so hard though, was when Sam asked Dan if he was a criminal and Dan imagined Rorschach's reactions. "If I tell Rorschach, he’s likely to state solemnly that the boy had every right to ask. Spoilsport." Ha! That is the best thing Dan has ever called Rorschach in all I have read.

Love it all,

~WrathoftheElite
Chargeable chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Wow, this is an amazingly good story! Every single conversation was perfect, the scenes were perfect, everything was as good as it possibly could have been.

The part that made me go "WOW" though was the newspaper clipping at the end. What a fantastic way to show how close to death Dan really was.

Wonderful job, I hope you continue to write more Watchmen fanfics!
Miss Stinky and Janey Poo chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
This story was so incredibly awesome. I thought it was very much in character...and sweet, in a subtle way. Dan and Rorschach's friendship is so intriguing, isn't it? Nice job :)

~*Miss Stinky
Avada Cait-davra chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
that was so good!

i loved rorschach and dan's relationship through the whole thing.

and i liked how he stayed at the end.

He's obviously a sweet guy deep down. really deep. :)

I liked the whole coma thing too, with Sam.

that was so sad at the end!

good job though. I really liked it.
fEmAleNoMad chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
I loved it. Amazing concept, written beautifully. And, it was so retro. I also liked the supernatural bit too.
Countess Verona Dracula chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Wow... this was absolutely amazing! It definitely has to be up there with my favorite Watchmen fics of all time. Your characterizations were indeed spot on - the conversation between Dan and Rorschach was perfect, and it was so endearing to see him being so worried about Dan. Also, the only inkling I had that you weren't American was a line at the very beginning where Dan said "think, man" to himself - that definitely stuck out to me as a British turn of phrase, but otherwise I had no idea. I'm always so impressed with people who are brave enough to post fanfiction in their second language... I can barely do it in my native language!

Also, *thank you* for writing a sweet, touching story about Dan and Rorschach as nothing more than friends and partners. I love them just the way they are - no sexual tension needed! And I really enjoyed reading that for once.

Well done!

~ Verona
Lizella chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
wow this is incredible, really, probably the best watchmen fanfiction I have read so far! thanks