Reviews for On the Sidelines
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
This is, quite simply, adorable.

In my happy rainbow-colored-puppy world, Emily ends up with Sheldon, Derek ends up with Casey, and Sam...the poor dear always ends up 'on the sidelines.' I tend to forget about him most of the time (though I shouldn't, because he's AWESOME), and so do most other authors, but you've handled him impeccably well. His dorky, endearing sense of humor is pulled through brilliantly, and Emily is...well, Emily is love.

Characterizations are perfection from start to finish, and I find it adorably hilarious that Casey-and-Derek (our two massively self-absorbed heroes) are the ones tossed to the sidelines in this fic, and that we get a new, refreshing, elegantly-wrought focus on two characters who just do NOT get enough love.

Excellent, really, missus. (I'll be keepin' my eye on you.) _
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
amazing...it truly amazes me that some people are talented enough to do non-dasey...unfortunately i can't...so i truly truly love it...and i really like them as apairing...great writing...i think iam going to have drems of sam breaking into a dance though...hehehe...hilarious...love it
SoRightItsWrong chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
It was really cute! And your so right Emily and Sam need way more screen time. Its a real shame they never ended up together because I think they should have. And I really like the storyline. And the Dasey thats there but kinda in the background. Its real good!

-Dezzie
Catspaw Blackgaard chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
That was such a good story! I loved the way you told the story of these characters that really do get left on the sidelines. You did a great job, and I loved reading the story. The characters all felt really in character. Great job!
Becks Rylynn chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Aww, I've always liked Sam and Emily, they seem like they could really have something.

Great job! You're a wonderful writer.

Keep writing!

Kisses, Becks Rylynn
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I love it! The story is such a nice, easy slide into a relationship - it feels very true to both characters. I really liked the little touches you added - Sam's doofy sense of humour, and the fact that Emily's a natural joker.

And more Emily (and Sam!) love is always good! :)
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh wow! You know what I like most about this fic...there is absolutely no "comment" on anything. I mean (ughh, it's hard to say) there's no overt 'She stole Derek from me' moments or Sam wishing he could be Derek or anything. You're right, it's not only that they're not lead characters, it's just that they're VERY sidelines kind of people, and I thought it was a wonderful comment that they like it that way. It implies Emily's matured because earlier she was so desperate to be popular but now...now she's grown up. She can see life beyond Derek and that's awesome. I also REALLY liked Mr. Davis ( such a typical teenage-girl dad! I should know, I have one :)

And also the whole evolution of the relationship, very mellow and believable! Also I thought you have Dasey down pat. Because Casey can be so unbelievably selfish, it's a personality trait. She's really nice, but she and Derek both don't think of anyone but themselves (and each other) most of the time. But I love them so I'm glad you didn't stress on that! Wonderful story in all. I'd love a similar Dasey (you know...a "realization" fic!)

Oh and IIT kinda sucked, but it's over so I'm happy :)
TheBucketWoman chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
That...was awesome!

You have definitely captured both Emily and Sam. And you are one of maybe three authors that I've come across so far that make me want to ship Semily.

Seriously. I'm kind of wishing we'd gotten some of Sam's farm humor in canon. There wasn't enough Sam in general, and I do have a soft spot for the boy. Something quirky like that would have been a nice fit.
suburbs chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
You did a great job capturing the characters! I get frustrated with LWD fanfics sometimes because they make Casey too perfect (and she is really fairly clueless and self-involved on the show). You showed that side of her without turning her into a witch. I also really enjoyed the gradual build in the Sam/Emily relationship. They were adorable! It was a fun story all around.
pheobe p chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
This was great! I love how the Dasey was included but just off center stage - sort of the opposite of what was actually happening to the characters.

You included the other characters: Kendra and Truman in really believable ways too - it was just a really fun glimpse into the LWD world. Excellent work!

:) pheobe
Frogster chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Amazing job as usual! And no, it smelled prettiful, like spring flowers. I love Sam/Emily...they're so cute. And I agree about the sidekick thing.

Loved the little hints of Derek/Casey that popped up. Of course they've never been able to see anyone but themselves.

I hope you write more soon! Why don't you do some more Sam/Emily?