Reviews for Remembering
slburn chapter 6 . 6/22/2010
Great story. Loved your characterization and how you did the flashback/memories. They were seamless and easy to follow, which is something that is not often found. I hope that you decide to write more in this fandom.
Tchitchina chapter 6 . 1/9/2010
aww Poor Minerva! That is a really beautiful fic! I'm glad you put the two possible ending, both are beautiful and heartbreaking.
the real snape chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
Great, a MM slash story! I liked your OC very much.

I also enjoyed MM's mother (practically OC too, of course) and the way she kept talking. I can just see her go down to MM's father, saying 'I had a lovely conversation *with* Minnie', feeling she had indeed had that. Instead of a monologue. Quite recognizable.

I preferred the second ending, mostly because I like Lupin so much. Although I can see MM making a surprising speech at a wedding (and all her students look up in utter surprise. I dare say any overt surprise and/or grins would be quelled with a LOOK).

In all, great stuff. I hope you will write more Harry Potter.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
Yay! Minerva slash. I love to see her paired with women. Your original character works well, and I like the complex relationship MM has with Dumbledore; I never quite accepted the uncritical admiration she seems to have for him in canon.

It's hard to decide which ending to vote for; they're both poignant in their own ways. But I think I prefer the one with Remus, because a) I like Remus, b) het weddings aren't my favorite spectator sport, and c) I think McGonagall would speak more openly to one person in a private setting than she would to many people in a public one. I'm not sure I see her giving the wedding speech.

In general, you keep the melodrama to a minimum, which I always appreciate; I like angsty stories, but it's most effective when not overdone. I hope you'll write more Minerva stories.