Reviews for Tortured
Raissi chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I know it's a long time since you wrote this, but just wanted to say well done with this short. I love Jack's character and you portrayed it well.
Amos Whirly chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
That was well done. It's interesting how you portrayed Jack in this piece. I really liked it. I think you captured his character, which isn't an easy thing to do.
Melodic chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
That was really well written. You captured that side of Jack beautifully. I could feel his tormented self as I read through it. It's a very good piece of writing!
emptyword chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Oh, thank you. This is the Jack Bauer I love in a nutshell. Tortured, but resolute. Forgetting his own identity for the sake of keeping his sights on the goal, the bigger picture. I love that you ended on this note: "If you pretend to be something for long enough, when do you start to become it?" Not that he would allow himself to linger on this question before an interrogation. But bringing up his momentary doubt, exploring the man beneath the stoicism, and dangling that sardonic line, "Jack Bauer is in fact not a sadist," makes him human enough to leave with, at the end, the possibility of his breaking.

You know, I'd really, really like to see a fanfiction detailing his thoughts up to his meltdown in his car in the last episode of season three (or was is season four?). It's unbelievably gratifying to see him crack and give in to his tears after twenty-four hours of him robotically making the right choice more often than not at the cost of his emotions. Reading "Tortured" gave me a bit of that same gratification. :P Good work!
skycloud86 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Brilliantly written. You've managed to capture Jack perfectly in a short and well written story.