Reviews for Shadow
hayatefan chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
wtf rape? flirting and seduction are obvious black ops tactics, and one can see killing "we know they're guilty and dangerous but can't prove it at trial" arrogance, but what's the point of rape?
mllhild chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Thanks for creating this little darkness in the MSLN Universe.

With this starts the Shadowverse saga. After long waiting I'm finally starting to read it.

One think I didn't get quite is why would you rape your target to get the information? Rapping doesn't seem like an effective torture in question of physical pain(compared to other methods) and it put you in danger since during intercourse a person tend to let down your guard besides having the chance of infection by STD. So just as professional criminals, professional spys won't rely on such ineffective methods.

Besides this I really liked your story and hope that it(Shadowverse) will continue to grow.
Nearly As Classy chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Where's the fluff? hehe just kidding this was definitely good, finally I know just exactly what Lutecia's job was... Shadows are sooo out of character in the Nanoha universe but then again that's what Darkfics are, I guess...

Aww, I love Nanoha, she's definitely the over protective dad type _ that exchange got me giggling XD

Overall good story, dark but still awesome!
LowFlyer1080 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
once again an excellent VivioxLutecia story from you, RadiantBeam. I like your description of Lu-chan's particular job, and how you named it a Shadow. It's kind of a hearkening to The Manhattan Project. An innocuous name given to something exceedingly dark/dangerous/or disturbing.

And there was a little bit of fluff at the end of the story which made it a nice little ending to a great story. I'm currently working on chapter 4 of Shamans, Starships, and Yuri, as well as a fifth installment of my Soft Cruelty series. Hopefully i'll have at least one of them up by the end of the month. (still waiting on your Usa/Michi fic, ;D )

Write from the heart!

-LF1080
NanoFate chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Nice, very nice. I like this pair and the story was really interesting. I just wish it was longer so I could have enjoyed it longer. Maybe Cia should quit her job and become a house wife now that Vivio works :) hehehhe, just a thought.
jai-kun chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Aww, poor Lutecia!

I love the way you handled the relationship. It's still tentative, despite the fact that it's been years now, so there's still doubts. Vivio is very down to earth despite her niavité, which I think is the sweetest thing about her in this fic.

I liked the interlude between Nanoha and Fate, too _~

Aww, poor RB! D: Get well soon! *makes soup*
The Shiny Sword chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I'm not much for reviewing but I am one for D'awing. And while it may have been a little too dramatic for the mere sake of drama (pronounced DRAHMAH here and dragged out to point of ridiculousness :p) it still gave me a little smile at the end and a little warm feeling.

The Shadows are interesting but I have to wonder how Lutecia would wind up doing that kind of work. After everything she went through for her to then sign up for the killing and raping squad (Though I do wonder what kind of mission would require her to rape someone but I digress)seems odd. But perhaps that's just me ;;.
Syaoran Li Clow chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Oh boy, I wasn’t ready for that outcome from Lutecia’s mission, really.

It’s understandable now why Lutecia felt that way. I’m trying to recall something I read a long time ago… oh well, my point is that this incident put Lutecia in the shoes of those she “hurt” with her actions; you could call it collateral damage. In this case, was a man’s fear that drove him to end his life alongside his family; sure, we see this kind of stuff in the news once in a while, but seeing it for yourself has to be difficult. In Lutecia’s case, since she’s involved in some hard stuff that would bring her to take human lives to an end, witnessing the madness of a human being that’s pushed to his limits has to leave some kind of mark in her heart.

You did it well, trying to make your point with Lutecia’s worries and fear. Now has to be reasoning for her to have Vivio by her side.

I’ll keep an eye on your next story, and DezoPenguin as well.
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Good stuff. Creepy. I'm unpleasantly surprised with myself just how easy it is to accept the existence of Shadows in a sparkly happy Magical Girl universe...but given Graham, the Liezes, Gaiz, the conspiracy supporting Jail, the brains in jars...it's not hard at all to see an espionage arm of the TSAB willing to use extra-legal methods to accomplish their aims.

Heck, I'm already thinking of side-story ideas to describe how Cia got into this line of work. She was a card-carrying villain in StrikerS, after all, even though she was being manipulated by Jail.

Vivio certainly takes the revelation of Lutecia's bloody hands with more aplomb than I'd have expected-I have a feeling that it's largely because she's more worried *for* Cia at that moment and can't really stop to process new concerns *about* her. Or else she's just more pragmatic than I'd believed from her innocent manner in previous Vi/Cia fics...were it Hayate in her place at that age, for example, I can't see her even pausing to blink...I smell a sequel fic coming up for you here...

As for the actual hurt/comfort moment, that was very sweet. I especially like how they were both hesitant and blushing about Lutecia falling asleep on top of Vivio, because they don't share the casual physical intimacy that couples like Nanoha and Fate do, so they can't *quite* keep themselves from noticing that they're touching each other. Vivio's thoughts earlier in the fic about how she gathered the resolution to approach Cia and not back down until she'd shared her problems was also an excellent moment.

The NanoFate exchange was cute; thank youfor the shout-out!

Some minor criticisms: there are more typos in this fic than is usual for your work ("she were given" instead of "she was given" in the first line; "anymore emotional agony" instead of "any more emotional agony" at the end of the sixth paragraph; and the way "you were my best friend before you were my girlfriend" was almost a word-for-word repeat of Vivio's inner monologue thought earlier in the fic were the ones that hit me while reading).

But all in all, I wouldn't say the fluff went away; it just took a while longer to get there. After all, they're starting to get near to adulthood (especially given MGLN's hyper-accelerated maturity) and it's not surprising that their issues would be more serious and life-related. The ending is all the more sweet because of that, because it shows the girls' emotions against the backdrop of something darker and more trying.
12a8d8h3j99dnncshdf chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Thank you for that good read. I liked the balance of the darker elements with the sweet moments. It's nice to see a more mature story about relationships like this.

Like the other readers, I was kinda spooked when you mentioned that Shadows had to rape or sleep with other people. I just couldn't imagine how Vivio could handle that mentally and emotionally, if Lutecia had actually involved herself with those. Though, that would probably be another interesting possible storyline to explore.

Gochisousama.
Dracis Tran chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I'm spawnofthejudge at Animesuki, in case you care :)

I liked it... I hate the idea of Shadows, but you used them so well. I have one thing that just jumped out at me:

"when I’ve had to kill myself"

I know what you/Lutecia meant (when she had to kill others, herself), but I went immediately to suicide and had to read it again to get my bearings. Just thought you should know about my brain fart.

Thank you for your story.
Chiyo And Osaka Fan chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
The story was very tear-jerking and emotional very deep.
DefendMyGirlsHonor chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Your stories are so awesome...Thanks for sharing.
Fuyu no Sora chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Hi~ I guess you recognize me? D

GOD! For a moment you deeply scared me there I thought she had slept with someone or raped someone, gotten raped herself or anything of the sort along those lines. What a scare...

Besides that, it's a really good fic, but a tad darker than your other stories, though I must say it's refreshing seeing young Vivio supporting Lulu instead of the other way around ] I think the last scene was very cute and it shows the importance of being honest and not keeping things to yourself. Communication is one of the base things in a relationship and I think that Vivio would like it if Lulu was more open with her. Even if she wants to shield Vivio from the world, how can she expect her not to worry when she looks worse than something the cat would've dragged in during a stormy night? Bad Lulu, even if she can't help, at least both of you could share the burden. *Tsk tsk*

That's all for now ]