Reviews for What's For Dinner?
what WAS in the stew? spider brains? and yea, i can see mirkwood elves eating anything edible. berries, roots, game, spiders, grubs, random insects... maybe not orcs or elves or children though... adult humans, yes...
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 2/15
Oooh. :P
Spiders scare me as SPIDERS but eating them?
*barfs*
Though maybe it wouldn't be so bad .. Besides. The elves like it. So I guess it would be worth a try ... Right?
Hahah lol! Such a funny fanfic. I'm glad Gimli didn't disgrace himself nor the King or Legolas lol. Quite funny! xD
wenduo chapter 1 . 2/13
Haha this one was funny and surprising. You really turned the bad spiders to be their food. But i guess it's right, all for survival. xD
Thalion Estel chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
This is a great story on several levels. It is such a cool idea, combined with good description and well-written characters. It's just a fun, good quality tale of Legolas and Gimli, the like of which is hard to find. Excellent!
love-warmth-life chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
loved it! Very well written indeed. I can easily imagine those steamed spiderlings with multiple milky eyes...like mutant crabs! Thanks for sharing, hope to read more soon!
Land of Parchment and Ink chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
I was dreading they were going to cook the spiders... I gave a shudder, but if Gimli enjoyed it, I'm gonna overlook the fact that they all just ate spiders. *buries face on me palms*
dark chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
I was laughing at the title before I read the story now I'm laughing at the howl thing this is genius loved it
Tina chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Relly interesting and fun!
Stunning Sunset chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
It was fun reading this. Kinda reminded me of the face westerners would make upon going to Asia and eating whole tarantulas, which are very coveted. Cheers!
Sheeshasan chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Think of it as lobster... Lobsters with too many eyes. Lobsters? Glaring at you with milky eyes... Bouhouhou... This is so disgusting and so logic at the same time. Eating spiders for the reasons you gave makes complete sense and technically it shouldn't sound any worse than eating any crustacean but IT IS! Thranduil had better congratulate Gimli for his courage and dexterity!
riptocs chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
lol this reminds me of eating ants or termites in other cultures...it's not gross, just different!
Ybs chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Crab!
Dorian Herestor chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
I've got to say, this is one of the most original fics I've had the pleasure to read in quite some time. Mirkwood elves eating spiders? That is just so awesome, so inteligent, so rational and so Wrong in so many ways! I love it! I don't even find it gross (I mean, in Portugal we eat snails with potatos), but that might also have something to do with my strange, strange affinity with freaky food and the fact that I would love to go to one of those "anhem" "Exotic" Food Festival in New York, where they eat absolutly everything...I know, I'm such a wierdo...
Eminnis chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh gross...I think the only way you'd get me to eat that is if I was about to be thrown into the dungeon...Great job!

Eminnis
Robin Grimm-Goodfellow chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
reminds me of eating crab...is that where you got the idea?