Reviews for There's Something About Harry
bookwormlady chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Very cute!
lizook chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh hun, this fic is love. Booth's initial whistling of the "familiar tune", his indignation over her assertion that it's not literature, and then the completely Booth-like offer to build her a bookcase sets the rest of the plot up perfectly.

LMAO the continued Home Improvement references. I think I howled as loud as Booth when she said "I don't think so".

I adore him thinking about how adorable she looks in the goggles even if he's annoyed that she's so determined to do it. That there is love.

And of course, the reveal that not only does she own the books but that's she's read them several times. Perfect.

"Of course I cried when Dumbledore died, what kind of soulless person do you think I am?” " LOL! I have to admit - even reading those lines out of context I got a little choked up (I'm such a sap); good to see Brennan was right there with me.

Another great shot Kate.
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Very cute, in character and excellent banter. I also have bookshelves overflowing...
bonetrek chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I could just see Bones loving those books!
a2zmom chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Very cute. Loved Booth going in to hysterics.

I like HP but never fell in love with the books. She's an excellent world builder, but I wouldn't classify it as great literature. (which is fine. I read lots of stuff I wouldn't classify as great literature. The important thing is it was entertaining.)
CourtanayyyJayyy chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Harry Potter beats all! Harry Potter PWNS! Harry forever! All sane humans love Harry Potter, and those who don't obviously have something wrong with them. I've loved Harry for years and my love for him shall never die! Thank you so much for this story... It's amazing! And it has Harry in it! I cried when Dumbledore died, heck, I cried for hours when Hedwig died, and Harry will always be 99% of my life! *dusts Harry Potter shrine*
gilmorefanforever chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh my God, I love Harry Potter and grew up watching Home Improvement, so in my eyes that was basically the perfect story. The bantering was adorable and spot on.

“Everyone loves Harry Potter. If you don’t love Harry Potter, well, you’re just not human.”

SO true. And I may have *cough* sobbed when Dumbledore died.
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
This reminded me of my bedroom. I've only got a couple bookshelves and the majority of my books are stacked in piles on every available surface. I rearrange them once in a while trying to make the mess more organized and presentable. It doesn't usually work. I actually just read 'The Great Gatsby' yesterday and absolutely loved it. I read it because my sister's writing a paper on it, but I'd been meaning to read it for a while.

And I loved Harry Potter. My little brother and I always do a HP marathon every summer and we'll probably do it right before the sixth movie comes out. I'm pathetically excited! I only read the books a couple summers ago and by mistake happened to be in the biggest bookstore in the nearest city the night that the seventh book came out and it took me a moment to remember why there were so many people there dressed up as wizards and witches.

I loved this. Booth's right, you're not human if you didn't enjoy HP. I'm not even going to get started on the multitude of people I know who felt that good Christians should not be reading them. The ending was great, when Booth read Dumbledore's death (I definitely cried) to her until she admitted that she liked them.

The whole thing was terrific!

Leah
Lady Akina chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Haha.. I admit... Harry Potter has it's own shelf on one of my book cases. I didn't get why he laughed at he though. This was funny. I liked it!

-Baby K
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh, this was gold! Had me glancing at my bookshelf, and the piles that have accumulated on another table I have. It was only the other day, two friends of mine (non-readers :O) said they wanted to burn my book collection. It nearly killed me :)

This was brilliant, as always, and I look forward to more :)

Taylor.
deeleigh chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Great job, I thought it was really funny.

I LOVE HP.

and this :)
upncomer chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
lol, love the Home Improvement references in there. This was very cute and gave me a good chuckle, especially the part where Booth doubled over laughing when Brennan said, 'I don't think so.' Whoever thought up that joke's got a great sense of humor in my humble opinion.

Melissa