Reviews for Walking Away
Naguabo chapter 30 . 1/17/2013
I really liked how you made this end, with a puppy, a cute kid, logic, and humor all put together.
JenksGirl chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
While I liked the story overall and one of the best I have read for Friday Night Lights in a while.

The only thing that bothered me about the story is what happened to Al in her past which obviously haunts her. Being a mother is never easy and there are times when you would forget your head if it weren't attached, I am one and a single mother to top that. I just have a hard time when I hear or read the news about children being left in the car and either it has lead to their deaths or something else which happens to them. Losing a child is never easy even if you are already a grandmother. You should never out live your children and it tears my heart when I hear of that happening.

I know it can be so easy to forget about things especially when you have thousands of things going on and rushing around. I believe that it is too easy to use the excuse "I forgot my baby was in the car", because it is used all the time when you hear, read or see the news and this has happened. I read just a few years ago where a mother left all three children in her car (I live in Tampa where it's usually hot or warm through out the year) while she went in to a nail salon because her wedding was the next day and one of her children died as a result.

While I am sure there are some who are being honest and I feel for them but my child is more important to me than anything else in this world. Not a final for a class, not a job or anything and because I know it can be easy for your mind to get sidetracked.

It's just as easy to have a routine in which you purposely force yourself to put your things in the backseat just in case, on the floor of the car where the car seat is strapped in.

It was something which I did and I did it even when I was working two jobs and being up late at night and have to get up early the next morning to do it all over again.

I do like how you handled that in your story and because of that and the great writing I was able to look past my own distaste for those out there in the news.

I am not trying to come down on your or your story and in fact I plan on reading the other stories which follow along with the plot line.

So overall it is a good story and I will be reading more of your stories any time you put a new one out there!

Great job!

Cdrake
Nichole33 chapter 30 . 5/6/2009
I saw the sequel to this story, and thought I would read this one first. Very good! I really enjoyed it. It's harder to write an OC character than an already made character (in my opinion!), but you did a great job. Can't wait to see what lies in store for these two. ~runs off to read the sequel~
micropop chapter 30 . 4/30/2009
Thanks for this great story. Truly different from everything else I've read here! I'm so glad you gave us a happy ending, both Tim and Al deserved that :-)

I saw that you've started another story, I can't wait to read that one and see what you have in store for us this time.

All the best

/mimmi
wes1393 chapter 30 . 4/26/2009
This was a lovely story. I thought your pacing was really nice and Tim's character development was well handled. I was continually amused by the image of Tim being constantly corralled by a tiny slip of a woman and it was nice to see him bring something to Al's life as well. Thanks for sharing!
Miss Meggie chapter 30 . 4/26/2009
sweet story!
BranBran chapter 30 . 4/26/2009
Aw..loved it :) And the epilogue was definitely not just an indulgence on your part - I highly enjoyed it! The playing football, the puppy and proposal, bringing Jason in on it - all were perfect. I've really grown to love this Tim and Al as well, and I'm sad to see this one come to an end. As I've mentioned, you're a great writer and hopefully we'll see more from you in the future :)

Miay255 chapter 26 . 4/25/2009
I really like your story! I cant wait till season 4, and I can actually see something like this happening. Isnt that funny?

I totally agree with Tim about Lyla trying to mold him into what she wants rather than excepting who he is...

Keep up the good work!
Miss Meggie chapter 26 . 4/25/2009
aww felt a tad sorry for Lyla
BranBran chapter 25 . 4/25/2009
First off, let me say that I am thoroughly impressed with how quick you get these chapters out! Secondly, still very impressed with your writing! Tim has been so mature, and really handled this whole situation so well, and Al just breaks my heart. Though I'm happy that she's finally starting to see that Tim can be good for her, and the two of them are together now. I know you've got the new job coming up, lol, but I hope you continue this story if you can. Love it!

Miss Meggie chapter 21 . 4/25/2009
God that was sad!
micropop chapter 21 . 4/25/2009
Boy, I was not prepared for that! Still a little shaky... I read this with my 4-week-old daughter sleeping peacefuly on my chest, and I really had to fight the tears. When I understood by the end of ch 20 where this was going, I could hardly keep on reading, but of course I had to find out what had happened to Al. You wrote it really well, and I especially liked the parallell with how Tim felt about Jason's accident.

On a lighter note - I enjoyed the scenes where they were babysitting. With a 2-year-old son and a new baby, I can easily relate ;-) And I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters, and hope that we get some sort of happy(-ish) ending!
BranBran chapter 21 . 4/24/2009
Bravo! I don't know why you were so worried, because this chapter was just awesome. Poor, poor Al. I almost got a little teary eyed there for a second. Tim handled it like a pro, because Lord knows a person wouldn't know what to say in that situation. Again, awesome writing! It'll be interesting to see what happens now that Tim knows her secret. As always, looking forward to your next update :)

BranBran chapter 18 . 4/24/2009
I honestly think every chapter gets better and better. The whole scene with Buddy was priceless, and I laugh everytime you mention Tim being scared of TJ's wobbly neck :) The coming scenes with Tim and Al with the kids should be good...can't wait!
Miss Meggie chapter 18 . 4/24/2009