Reviews for Matchmaker
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/25
Oh Dean... Oh Sam...

I'm so can see this happened...

wait, did something like this happened in canon?
because I don't remember much of season 3.
Oh god, I'm so going to rewatch that season all over again... *sighed*
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
hehehe.. yeah, I can see Dean trying to set Sam up to get laid... can also see Sam pushing back at that. I see Sam's point, even as I can see Dean's. Glad Dean let up, because no girl was going to let Sam feel better about losing Dean. Great story, K
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Oh Dean Dean Dean Dean... always looking out for Sam however he knows how. Even when it means coming up with a date for him to blow off steam or try to get past everything.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Aww, so cute!
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
All the different times Dean tries to get Sam hooked up after his little brother's been going through tough stuff were brilliant. I can totally see Dean dealing this way and thinking that if Sam could only loosen up some buttons he'd be set. I also loved the clear mix Dean was in this story, balancing between parent and brother. I mean, he's always like that, but it was more apparent-one minute he's shoving girls at Sam, the next he's talking about how he raised little Sammeh.

**Better than bringing one home, Sam thought. He’d damned enough women in his life already.**

So sad, but very Sam-like to think this way.

**Sam’s hands deflated back to his side. “So don’t leave me.”

Dean’s head canted up to give him a small, bittersweet smile.**

My heart. It died. Doornail.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Hahah oh Dean. Doing the best he knows how to save Sammy from emotional pain. I love the dog comment at the end!
carocali chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
Interesting weaving of pimp!Dean with concerned brother!Dean. I wasn't quite sure when this was and then it all fell into place - realization dawning along with Sam. I miss this relationship and how fun and sometimes stupid they were. This was a nice reminder.

And Sam got the raincheck. Awesome!

:D
amyblair chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I have been known to be a successful matchmaker on two or three occasions now. Not too bad.

I liked this a lot. I always think of Dean trying to get Sam laid in Provenance and how he says it might help him to relax a little.

This was very much how I would imagine Dean would be. The bit about him trying to hook Sam up with someone before his time was due was heartbreaking. Poor Dean. Poor Sam. Everyone needs someone.

Nice job.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Very sadening (but somehow still sweet) look on Dean's way of caring for Sammy throughout the years.

I love how you portrayed the brother's close bond.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Good one. Quite the progression of matchmaking there, right up to just before Dean's deal is up. I liked it a lot. Good brother stuff, especially at the end.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
This was a great story! I loved all parts of it. I have to say that my favorite lines were:

"Dean straddled the seat next to him. “Sam,” and he was suddenly completely serious. “It’s been three months. There’s nothing wrong with just—”

“Dean.” He stared tightly at the computer screen, feeling his eyes burn.

There was a sigh, then the rustle of Dean peeling the paper from Sam’s untouched muffin and tearing off a piece. “Tell me about the case.”

“Nine victims of—” Sam broke off, swallowing. “I’m trying, all right? I’m just…I’m not ready.”

I love the way you have them try to talk and then back off, and then attempt it again - until they are finally able to get to the point. Very true to life (or character). I am so excited that you are back to weekly postings! Thank you!
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
I was thinking of why I like to read fanfics, besides improving my language skills. I guess them satisfy my need for more (those old holes) and it's very interesting to see how different people explain the facts. When I read one of your stories I feel it's complete, the guys are always in character, I can totally picture and hear them.

This was a little sad, bittersweet like you'd say. Although it has many funny lines and cleaver dialogues (so Dean). I love the brotherly love, how Dean's concerned about Sam, trying his best to make his brother happy. As much as possible, at least.

Bringing Sarah back was a brilliant touch. The 'raincheck' thing, too. And Dean going to a fancy coffehouse and wanting a date to Sam. Pure love, not selfish love makes people act like this.

Thank you!
Black Ladybug chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Wow. this is really good. (and I'm finding that Emma is a common name in fics, my own included. [wish I'd bothered to read some before I started writing lol])

Anyway! I really enjoyed this and I'm so thankful I was pointed your way.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
I liked reading this short story
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
What a wonderful little package of a fic that was, thank you so much for sharing it!

I can always rely on you to lift my spirits and this fic did just that. It was a pleasure to read a little brotherly bonding, with Dean trying to take care of Sam, pair him off with someone else before the deal was due. There were moments of heart to heart honesty (that I'm craving right now) but it all felt true to the show and the characters. I especially liked the rain-check reference - that was a lovely touch.

You did a great job of hinting towards each separate timeline without actually telling the readers. I really appreciated that and it worked really well with the storyline - showing time passing slowly and how Dean has always had a eye on his brother!

Lovely fic and as always I'll be looking forward to another! Take care, Abbi.x

PS I read the round robin yesterday and you guys did a great job!